The legendary tactics course that has been voted more than once by chess experts as the best chess training program in the world. This version includes 2,200 basic exercises and 1,800 auxiliary exercises, divided into 50 topics.
The course is based on the bestselling book Combination Motifs by a renowned trainer grandmaster Maxim Blokh. All positions have been hand-picked over the course of 20 years of training practice and come in the order that ensures most efficient learning. Each position comes with a special hint unique to this course – a 5x5 mini-position designed to convey the very essence of the tactical maneuver used in the main example.
This course is in the series Chess King Learn, which is an unprecedented chess teaching method. In the series are included courses in tactics, strategy, openings, middle game, and endgame, split by levels from beginners to experienced players, and even professional players.
With the help of this course, you can improve your chess knowledge, learn new tactical tricks and combinations, and consolidate the acquired knowledge into practice.
The program acts as a coach who gives tasks to solve and helps to solve them if you get stuck. It will give you hints, explanations and show you even striking refutation of the mistakes you might make.
Advantages of the program:
• High quality examples, all double-checked for correctness
• You need to enter all key moves, required by the teacher
• Different levels of complexity of the tasks
• Various goals, which need to be reached in the problems
• The program gives hint if an error is made
• For typical mistaken moves, the refutation is shown
• You can play out any position of the tasks against the computer
• Interactive theoretical lessons
• Structured table of contents
• The program monitors the change in the rating (ELO) of the player during the learning process
• Test mode with flexible settings
• Possibility to bookmark favorite exercises
• The application is adapted to the bigger screen of a tablet
• The application does not require an internet connection
The course includes a free part, in which you can test the program. Lessons offered in the free version is fully functional. They allow you to test the application in real world conditions before releasing the following topics:
1.1. Annihilation of defense
1.4. Discovered attack
1.5. Opening of a file
1.7. X-ray attack
1.9. Blocking, encirclement
1.10. Destruction of the pawn shelter
1.11. Pawn promotion
1.12. Intermediate move. winning of a tempo
1.13. Play for a stalemate
1.14. Restricting of material
1.16. Conjunction of tactical methods
1.17. Chess Tactics Art for Advanced
2.1. Level 10
2.2. Level 20
2.3. Level 30
2.4. Level 40
2.5. Level 50
2.6. Level 60
2.7. Level 70
2.8. Level 80
2.9. Level 90
2.10. Level 100
2.11. Level 110
2.12. Level 120
2.13. Level 130
2.14. Level 140
2.15. Level 150
2.16. Level 160
2.17. Level 170
2.18. Level 180
• App is updated for iPhone X
• New home screen
• Disabled automatic playback of refutations
• Option to reset password
• Renaming of account
• Various fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
No automatic refutation of playbacks?
They recently disabled the automatic playback of refutations to bad moves. I don’t like this. Being able to see these is useful, otherwise it’s hard to see just why a move is wrong. There’s no obvious way to enable auto-playback again. There *is* a way, which is to enable auto-hints, but this isn’t obvious at all and—for me, worse yet—makes the problems too easy. It forces you to get hints when you’re struggling with a problem, even to the point of having moves made for you by the app. I want to see refutations because seeing them helps me learn what I’m doing wrong, but I don’t want hints because they make problems too easy. I’d rather struggle for several minutes and figure it out myself. I hope they fix this soon-ish. All it would take is adding a little toggle button to the settings menu.
Excellent tactics, one small nitpick
I love the tactics, and although it took getting used to, I now enjoy the counter play and alternative variation features. Especially the alternative variation, which forces you to consider contingencies more deeply.
The only issue I have is that the rating system seems too forgiving. Sometimes I have to try two or three times and i still get a noticeable rating boost - it actually seems too difficult to lose rating points.
Absolutely Love It
Best tactics app out there! I couldn't stop playing it. I bought the book years ago and now they have made the same Classic in an amazing program. The tactics are broken down into themes and progressively get harder. Very easy to use and great examples just like the book. I even went for the $7 for the full access to the advanced problems. Recommend
- CHESSQUEEN INC
- 44.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Chess King
- In-App Purchases
- Full course $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.