By PlayStation Mobile Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
PlayStation™Video is the best place to enjoy movies and TV shows you buy and rent from PlayStation®Store. Access your video library on your iPhone and iPad and enjoy watching your videos even when you’re away from your console!
- Stream and download videos in your PS Video library
- Search and browse the video catalog of the PlayStation®Store
- Watch the latest movie and TV show trailers
- Manage your wishlist
Access PlayStation™Video on PS4®, Web and other devices. For full list of compatible devices, see https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/PlayStation-Video/
- In-app purchase is not supported, use this app to watch videos you buy and rent on PlayStation®Store.
- Movie and TV content is subject to availability and may vary across regions. TV content is currently unavailable in Mexico and Brazil.
What's New in Version 2.6
Minor bug fixes
Not suited for iPhone X
So the app itself is actually great. I can watch any movie or tv show that I bought or rented on the go. However I recently bought an iPhone X and it’s really bad. First when you watch a video there’s a little light bar on the bottom of the screen. It’s distracting and it will not go away. Second you cannot pinch the screen to go full screen. Instead you have to watch your movies or tv shows in this weird format. These two problems can be easily fixed with patch but until then I think I’ll watch my content on my tv
PlayStation Video is a convenient film service application for those invested in the Sony PlayStation universe. The app is mainly designed to allow users to watch film, tv shows, trailers and original content that can be purchased or rented. Users can easily search for content as well as manage a wishlist and modify if you want your content to be dependent on a cellular stream. Navigation is quick and painless due to the simple interface and fast processing.
Consumer Hostile, Closed Ecosystem. No AppleTV or Chromecast Support
If you want to watch your movies on your hand only, then you might like this app.
On the other hand, since Sony has been VERY good at locking its content into its own ecosystem, I would suggest never buying videos or other media from the PlayStation store as you have several other comparable and much more useful alternatives.
I regret ever buying the 20+ movies and shows I bought on my PlayStation as they are now stranded on a PlayStation that broke years ago and Sony provides no means to recover and use them in other venues (except streaming).
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Oct 30, 2017
- Version: 2.6
- Size: 20.2 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: PlayStation Mobile Inc.
- © PlayStation Mobile Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.