The material used in the program is based on a textbook by a renowned chess trainer Sergey Ivashchenko - Manual of Chess Combinations vol 2.
You have to find the most important moves. Once you're solving a problem and proposing a wrong move, the program helps you with various visual hints (such as arrows showing key lines of attack), and eventually shows the piece which is to move.
This course is in the series Chess King Learn (https://learn.chessking.com/), which is an unprecedented chess teaching method. In the series are included courses in tactics, strategy, openings, middle game, and endgame, split by levels from beginners to experienced players, and even professional players.
With the help of this course, you can improve your chess knowledge, learn new tactical tricks and combinations, and consolidate the acquired knowledge into practice.
The program acts as a coach who gives tasks to solve and helps to solve them if you get stuck. It will give you hints, explanations and show you even striking refutation of the mistakes you might make.
Advantages of the program:
• High quality examples, all double-checked for correctness
• You need to enter all key moves, required by the teacher
• Different levels of complexity of the tasks
• Various goals, which need to be reached in the problems
• The program gives hint if an error is made
• For typical mistaken moves, the refutation is shown
• You can play out any position of the tasks against the computer
• Interactive theoretical lessons
• Structured table of contents
• The program monitors the change in the rating (ELO) of the player during the learning process
• Test mode with flexible settings
• Possibility to bookmark favorite exercises
• The application is adapted to the bigger screen of a tablet
• The application does not require an internet connection
The course includes a free part, in which you can test the program. Lessons offered in the free version is fully functional. They allow you to test the application in real world conditions before releasing the following topics:
1. Mating combinations
2. Pinning combinations
7. Annihilation of defence
8. Discovered attack
9. Clearing the space
10. Opening of file (rank, diagonal)
11. The double attack
12. X-ray attack
13. Demolition of pawn structure
14. Conjunction of tactical methods
15. Using a passed pawn
18. Theoretical positions
• App is updated for iPhone X
• New home screen
• Disabled automatic playback of refutations
• Option to reset password
• Renaming of account
• Various fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Should lead to over the board improvement. Functions well.
Good application, worth every $$. I am teaching my kids with this application.
- CHESSQUEEN INC
- 44.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Chess King
- In-App Purchases
- Full course $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.