The ultimate companion app to the new Fender® Mustang™ GT and Rumble™ Stage and Studio amplifiers, the Fender Tone app uses your iPhone to connect to your amp, so you can edit, share or send presets to your amp wirelessly over Bluetooth®.
*** THIS APP REQUIRES A FENDER® MUSTANG™ GT OR RUMBLE™ AMP ***
MANAGE PRESETS ON YOUR MUSTANG GT AMP OR RUMBLE AMP
• Scroll through up to 200 presets.
• Make changes.
• Play it real-time through your connected Mustang™ GT or Rumble™ amp.
EASY EDITING WITH THE TONE APP
• More than 60 amp models and effects to choose from.
• Endless sound options for Mustang™ GT or Rumble™ amps.
• Intuitive interface & responsive design for easy modification.
• Search, browse and download over 10,000+ presets from the Tone community.
• Discover presets by well-known artists & players created exclusively for Fender Tone.
• Create your own custom tone and share your presets with others.
• Tips and info about amp models, effects details, and signal chain basics.
• Clear, illustrated walkthroughs and everything you need to begin your tone quest.
NEW! Mustang GT/Rumble Version 2 is here!
**Please update your amp to the latest firmware. Learn how at fender.com/GT
This release includes:
• New presets
• New amp models
• New effects
Backup & Restore your presets to the cloud!
Bluetooth streaming automatically reconnects to your amp
Alert: With this release, setlists are limited to 24 setlists with 50 presets each. Please make sure your setlists do not exceed new limits or you may lose data.
Ratings and Reviews
Game-changer in the modeling amp space!
Decent amp but the companion Tone App makes it fantastic and a compelling force on the modeling amp landscape. I own the Mustang III v2 yet couldn’t resist the additional purchase of the new GT 100.
After a couple years of perfecting Fender Fuse and still struggling to embrace it, The Tone App blows fuse out of the water and makes this whole tone control, tone presets and amp modeling thing fun again! Sorry Fender but yes, the Mustang III, V2 does have a slightly better sound and I wish GT was equal but it sounds good enough and with a little manipulation with tones using this amazing and easy to use app you can find your sound!
My only requests so far for future release...
1. Preset back up in a cloud!
2. A quicker way while in a preset to save it directly to a saved “Playlist” (or several) vs saving the preset and having to go all the way back to a Playlist, finding the new tone and then adding it.
3. Adding Wah pedal functionality using the app vs going over to the amp
Outstanding job Fender App team, keep up the good work and don’t abandon this like they did Fuse and can’t wait for future updates!!!
Everything About it is Unreliable
i’ve had problems with it crashing multiple times, I’ve had to recreate an account, my presets have not uploaded correctly, my presets can’t be deleted after I upload them, the support seemed helpless as The gentleman at Fender couldn’t understand any of these problems and couldn’t communicate in a timely manner... probably wasn’t going to buy products from them again unless these problems were solved quickly.
That said, Fender did show that they cared about these issues are are now working to get them resolved. I am sure and confident future updates to the app and firmware will only improve the user experience
Hi there, very sorry to hear about the bad experience. Please contact me at email@example.com so we can log all the details and I'll do my best to help!
Huge connectivity issues.
I’ve had to do alot on my end just to get the amp to work. Being that this is about just the app I’ll solely focus on the fact that it worked once.. and has yet to work again. I know my amp serial number by heart from the number of times I have been asked to reenter it. I have most current firmware, have reset all settings, I have reinstalled the app, restarting and restarting, I have an iPhone X on the most current software... nothing. Using all my powers of deduction I cannot find the cause... app or amp. At this point Im calling failure on both. Please get it together Fender.
- Fender Digital, LLC
- 92.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.