"It's ideal for planning out your day, Bullet Journal style. [...] the combination of scheduling, tagging, and (plain text, portable) notes in one place makes it a true productivity tool." - Brett Terpstra, MacStories
"If you love plain text notes, but hate that they have no way to integrate with your calendars and reminders, then you might just find this to be the perfect app." - Charlie Sorrel, Cult of Mac
Buy now or get the Mac trial from the website to make your day productive!
Also, check out the videos on our website for more details.
Daily planning can be a mess when you have giant todo-lists or a dozen scribbled notes in notebooks. NotePlan helps you fix this pain with a mix of a markdown calendar, journal, notes, and todo-list. Use it to build your productivity machine!
NotePlan is for busy professionals. Like developers and designers with too many side-projects and a job to handle. It's for people who love writing and plan by writing everything down. If you love using Moleskin Diaries or Journals, NotePlan is perfect for you.
All your notes are safely stored and backed up as lightweight text files in your iCloud Drive. Nothing from NotePlan is sent or stored on our servers.
NotePlan consists of following parts:
• Shows your tasks and events in a monthly view.
• Different colors show different states of your tasks.
• Syncs Apple Calendar Events and Reminders.
• Days with open tasks are marked, so you don't miss them.
# Daily Plan:
• Every day in your calendar has a dedicated note for planning
• Manage tasks by checking them off as 'done', 'scheduled' and 'canceled'.
• Schedule a task (or multiple at once), if you couldn't finish it today. Push it quickly to tomorrow or any other day.
• Simple text formatting with markdown, such as bold, italic, lists, titles, etc. Organize your day in different projects using titles ('# title') for example.
# General Notes:
• Besides the calendar, store general notes, checklists, todos, etc. without a specific date.
• Filter general notes by tagging them to keep track of your different projects.
• Schedule individual todos from a general note directly into the calendar.
If you have any issues, ideas or questions send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org! We would love to hear your feedback and give quick support :)
• Swipe left or right to change months, dates and notes.
• Keyboard-Navigation: Made for efficiency, use keyboard shortcuts to switch between views and notes, format text with Markdown and mark tasks.
• Press & Hold a task to move it up or down or apply some action.
Music in video: "Retro Soul" by www.bensound.com under Creative Commons License.
Icons in video:
Copyright 2016 Dave Gandy https://twitter.com/davegandy
with Reserved Font Name fontawesome-webfont.ttf.
- New: Added "Copy URL To Note" into the context menu of notes so that you can copy the X-Callback-URL to a specific note quickly into other apps and open NotePlan notes from there.
- New: Detect @tags in text and search in the calendar when tapping it.
- Fix opening urls with encoded characters such as `%20`.
Ratings and Reviews
Finally, an app I’ve that does exactly what I want.
You see, I love the idea of using Apple calendar, Reminders, numbers and anything by apple to operate my life on as it syncs with all my devices.
But Calendars is missing a simple cross off todo list which is very annoying because I have list of things I have to do that day and there’s no way for me to do that. With Reminders, your able to build a to do list. However, when you cross off an item on the list, it disappear. This is annoying because I like seeing things I have done wit the things I haven’t done yet right in front of me.
The biggest problem I have is that you can’t combine the two calendar and reminder app Apple has to offer. But with NotePlan it does exactly that!! Also you can write notes attached to your to do list.
Not to mention there are multiple dark themes to choose from, which I absolutely love because this makes it so much easier on the eyes.
Thank you NotePlan!!!!
I have both desktop and mobile app. Works beautifully!
Gets out of your way
The best tools get out of your way.
I've been using NotePlan on iOS and macOS for about a week now. Its simplicity is its main selling point for me. Whereas one can spend loads of time fiddling with something like OF, NotePlan lets you do your thing and get on with your work. It supports markdown too, which is a great asset. Markdown adds just enough to add structure, dates, todos, and links where needed, but using text which helps me maintain focus.
Great, easy to use, and fresh
I’ve used tons of todo and calendar apps. Fantastical is up there for me, after going through Things, Todoist, Wunderlist, etc.
NotePlan just works better for my mind, because I can take down notes anyway I want, and make quick reminders out of them. Everything’s integrated with Reminders and Calendar, and the sync is perfect to the desktop.
Love it, and definitely worth the price for me.
- Eduard Metzger
- 52.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Eduard Metzger
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.