AeroAltitude calculates pressure altitude (PA) and density altitude (DA) either from user data inputs or automatically by using built-in GPS, built-in barometer*, and METAR** of airports.
Overview of features:
- PA/DA/QNH calculation for current position using GPS and barometer *
- PA/DA calculation based on user inputs for altitude, QNH, and temperature
- PA/DA calculation of any airports from the built-in airport database. Including METAR display and chart of DA (on 4'' screens and higher) **
- Includes watch app to display DA at current position and nearby airports ***
- User definable list of airports showing PA/DA calculation **
- List of nearby airports showing PA/DA calculation **
- User definable warning threshold factor
- Sharing data via mail, message, etc.
- All units are customizable
- Today widget with PA/DA for maximum five nearby airports **
AeroAltitude uses the freely available Aviation Digital Data Service from US NOAA to get METAR data.
* Built-in barometer is available in iPhone 6/6 Plus or newer, iPad Mini 4, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro or newer
** Internet connection required
*** iPhone 6 or newer required, watchOS 3 or higher
- Support for new devices (iPad)
- Minor layout optimizations
- Updated airport database (2018-10-14)
Ratings and Reviews
App works well! Yet . . .
The app works well YET when transfered and used on the Apple Watch 3, the temperature readout(setting) shows Farenheit temperature (F) BUT the number only goes to "50.0" because it stays in Centigrade no matter what UNITS you choose in the iPhone App side.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.