Connect your PS4 and your mobile device with the PS4 Second Screen app to enjoy the following features:
• Use your mobile device for basic control of your PS4.
• Display information from second screen-compatible games on your mobile device.
• Enter text on your PS4 with your mobile device.
A Sony Entertainment Network account is required to use this app.
Use of this app is governed by the license agreement at the following URL: (http://www.scei.co.jp/legal/index.html).
Performance has been improved.
Ratings and Reviews
From 1 Pretty Good App to 3 Absolute Garbage Apps
If you’re going to turn 1 app into 3 apps you better make sure every feature works. Especially the second screen app. That’s ALL it’s supposed to do yet it works probably 5% of the time. It'll pull my PS4 up but as soon as I tap it it says it couldn’t connect within the time limit. You can’t start taking features away from the main app with purpose of making more apps that don’t even work. The Xbox One app may be a bit messy and sometimes hard to navigate but with that said their second screen and messages features are all in one app and they work. I really wish I didn’t have to download 3 apps for one gaming system when it could so easily be 1. Even worse I don’t like having to download 3 apps for one system when the apps very rarely work. The second screen feature is one I used to use all of the time. It was nice to be able to turn my system on as soon as I was connected to my WiFi. That small feature that got its own app made things a lot easier for me but now it may as well not exist. This app is just taking up data and screen space.
It’s a separate app, not a separate paid app. They didn’t do this for money or any conspirical reason. They most likely did this to streamline the second screen feature into its own thing instead of having to open the “3 in 1” app. I, for one, would rather have this separate so I don’t have to wait for the main app to load. This goes for the Messages app as well: I hated having to wait to navigate the menu just to get to messages, messages should be its own thing. The bottom line is that this does what the main app used to, but without the menu navigation. If you don’t like it don’t download it, it’s not a big enough feature to care about this much.
Although the complaints about it being slow or not conmecting should be looked into. Since they have gone and made into its own thing it should be working perfectly or at the least as well as it would on the main app.
First off, don’t listen to Dude-o: people like him are the reason we get crappy apps.
This has not streamlined the app at all. As a matter of fact, it has taken me till now to realize that they made a separate app for a SMALL feature. This is something I would expect microsoft to do: not sony. Hopefully they end up at least putting the option back into the actual app for those of us that don't need extra junk on our phones. Why change it if it wasn’t broken? The xbox app still hasn’t separated all of it’s features. The messenger app might have a case considering that facebook does the same(at least for those of us who don’t want to use facebook’s main app and keep in touch with friends.) It’s like an up and coming amateur developer did this because they thought it would be better. But in actuality, it makes everything more convoluted and plain ugly.
- PlayStation Mobile Inc.
- 9.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © PlayStation Mobile Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.