The Gait app is the first in a series of applications by PhysioU designed to train your eyes to analyze and understand human movement. The app is designed to help you learn and understand normal and abnormal gait.
"Learn phase" with high definition static pictures to develop your knowledge in preparation for real time movement analysis
"Learn phase" includes:
- Phases of gait
- Critical events of gait
- Range of motion requirements for each phase
- Muscle activity of the key muscles required for each phase
"Analyze" phase with high definition, real time and slow motion video to train your eyes
Analyze phase includes:
- Normal gait at regular and slow motion speeds
- Multiple views (front, side and rear)
Gait deviations organized by regions (trunk/pelvis, hip, knee, ankle/foot)
Gait deviations include:
- Trunk/pelvis deviations
- Pelvic drop
- Trunk lean
- Posterior trunk
- Anterior pelvic tilt
- Excessive transverse pelvic rotation
- Hip deviations
- Excessive femoral adduction internal rotation
- Insufficient hip extension
- Hip hike
- Hip abduction
- Varus thrust
- Insufficient hip and knee flexion
- Ankle and foot deviations
- Ankle forefoot contact
- Pes planus (flat feet)
- Pes cavus (high arches)
Common pathological conditions are also included to help you learn to analyze abnormal gait!
- Diabetic peripheral neuropathy
- Parkinson’s disease
- Incomplete quadriplegia
- Knee osteoarthritis
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome
- Spinal stenosis
- Plantar fasciitis
- Iliotibial band syndrome
- Turf toe
- Lumbar sprain/strain
- Peroneal tendon subluxation
- Shin splints/ medial tibial stress syndrome
- "Next Phase"/"Previous Phase" buttons for easier navigation when comparing each phase of gait.
- Minor improvements to the data.
Ratings and Reviews
High priced said it analyzes gait but only film
Doesn’t allow collect of gait data just preloaded films they have collected
Misrepresented what this app does in description buyer beware
I have found this app to be invaluable as a student PT, this is a quick reference app of a treasure trove of knowledge which has helped me study and has facilitated my learning tremendously! Definitely recommend to anyone who wants to improve their skills and knowledge and improve themselves as a professional.
Love this App
Really like how in depth the app goes into each phase of gait, and shows which muscles are being used/overused. Gives you a good overview of each phase and what you should expect, as well as common faults you might see.
- Michael Wong
- 292.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Clinical Pattern Recognition, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.