Apple: “Creating and publishing a super-stylish website using Universe takes all of five minutes. Really.”
Universe is the first website builder designed for iPhone and iPad. It's a completely new take on building the internet from the palm of your hand. You can design, edit, and publish sites with an amazing drag and drop editor that feels like you're playing with building blocks. No code or technical mumbo-jumbo required.
Stand out from cookie-cutter websites and make something completely your own—for free. Universe is the easiest way to take your ideas and publish them to the web. Our grid editor will make you forget that you're building a website.
Use it to...
• Elevate your brand presence and grow an audience
• Showcase your work and craft with an interactive portfolio
• Create a custom website for your business
• Sell your products with a custom online store
• Do anything you want. The possibilities are endless
Building a website has never been this much fun. What are you waiting for? :)
Subscriptions are charged monthly or yearly to your iTunes Account after purchase confirmation. The subscription will auto-renew on a monthly or yearly basis, unless turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Prices vary based on which domain is chosen. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the period at the selected domain's price.
To stop auto-renewal, visit Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, if applicable.
Now that Universe for iPad is out, we're back at it with a sweet new update this week. You can now duplicate any page on your site! Use it to create templates, to keep a “blog” or magazine, or anything else you can imagine. Just tap and hold on a page from your site dashboard and you'll see the option to duplicate (and delete) a page.
We also took this week to get some bug fixes and small updates into the app. (It was Patrick's birthday, so we had to make sure he had something to do.)
• We fixed a bug that caused the Universe sticker to show occasionally on Pro sites even when if it was hidden
• Creating a new page will now preserve the site theme and grid settings
• If a page is created in the editor, the dashboard will now show the page when you return to it
• Fixed external domain instructions being cut off when setting up an external domain
• Fixed text alignment resetting and general wonkiness with the text block
• Adding a phone number through the guided creator journey now works
• If you already have a custom domain, that step in the creator journey will be accomplished
• Updated launch screen logo with new icon colors
• Fixed a bug that caused the app to lock up when a block was copied in the editor
• Fixed a bug that sometimes caused a crash when changing sites
• Fixed a bug that caused the app to crash after changing your domain name
• Fixed a bug that cause fonts to changed when you resized text with emojis
Ratings and Reviews
I just love this.. first of all, for myself anyway I found it very simple to use and create... I already have a website, but I loveeee clickable linked pix and graphics! So I basically just created what I consider to be a Virtual Business Card, each image is a link to my everything! A) my regular domain, my Phone, Email.. Photo Links to my socials, FB, IG, Twitter (2 Of each! 🤦🏻♀️, so it should make sense why this is so awesome for me.. links to my Snapchat too! I’m really impressed with it.. I do Social media marketing and some of the clients can’t afford a new website and maintain it and all of that.. so I’ve recommended this to quite a few.. a friend of mine is a realtor and I had her do this.. she’s not the savviest with this kind of thing but she still made one, I made a list of things for her to change but even what she put together is good enough and is everything if she wants to be successful.. I also really like that it’s more than just a stand-alone site.. it’s also a community.. which is additional exposure.. and starting off.. you can use all you can get! 5 Stars For Sure.. Totally Recommend This!
Wow, thanks so much for the kind words. Means a lot to us 🙏 Can’t wait to see what else you make!
Game Changing App!! 100% Customer Service too.
First of all the customer service is HANDs down the best and is very refreshing In today’s day in age when that’s unheard of. The developer actually reached out after download to make sure he defined the mission of the company and to make sure happiness was tied to this app. He still reaches out a year later.
When I think about all of the 1000s of
Apps I have downloaded (I’m obsessed with finding the most satisfying for some reason) and have thought “eh, this is good but I’m still waiting”... there’s no app I don’t
credit near as much as I do this one.
For the 1 star reviews, you may to squeeze a little creativity you have and it doesn’t take much with the tools they give you to create an amazing site.
This app helped me gather ALL social media and websites in one hub so I wasn’t all over the place. Still the best app in my opinion!!
If I could give a negative star, I would. This app is a one page site, which is not a website, and you can’t sell anything, so you might as well call it a blog. It had glitches as well. It would freeze up from time to time. I was deceived when I signed up with the app. I didn’t know I was purchasing a domain name, and they purchase a domain through another service. I decided this app was not going to work for me, so now I have to keep my account open with them for one year. They won’t give me access to my own domain that I purchased. I have a shopify store, and need to buy an email with gsuite, but I can’t even do that, because I need to wait for Universe to log into my domain to finish setting it up. I have not heard back from Universe to do so. I am left waiting. Plus any issue I have with my domain. I have to wait for them to fix the problem. I am not that techno friendly, but I am learning as I go, and I pick on things real quickly. Making someone wait when it is something that can be fixed asap is not right. At least respond with questions in order to fix something. Universe fails to do so. Frustrating to say the least. Another day goes by.
Hey, I'm the founder here and I'm sorry that you had a bad experience. To respond to your points:
1. You can make a Universe site with as many pages as you want. In fact, sites on Universe have more pages on average than any other website builder.
2. We handle domain registration as a service for our customers. This makes a typically complex and tedious process extremely simple. Several confirmations—both ours and Apple's—are presented before a purchase is made. We make this exceedingly clear.
3. If you did in fact purchase a domain through us and no longer want to use Universe, we will help you move it to another provider. Just reach out to email@example.com.
We're doing our best as a small company to make something that people love. Sometimes we miss. But hundreds of thousands of people have found Universe to be the easiest, most powerful website builder available.
Founder and CEO, Universe
- Future Lab, Inc.
- 94.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Universe Exploration Company
- In-App Purchases
- .COM Domain $2.99
- Universe Pro for 1 Sites $9.99
- Track Views x 1 $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.