Network Speed Tester
By Lakehorn AG
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Use Network Speed Tester to measure the actual transfer speed of your local wifi or wired network. A graph helps you see changes in realtime. Optimize your wifi network by moving or placing your wifi router until you reach the best results.
Make sure to also download the free iOS Client App for even simpler speed tests between Mac and your iPhone/iPad or the Apple TV.
- Verify your network components (swiches, router) to find bottlenecks in your wired network
- Optimize the placement of your wifi router, try different locations until you get the best network performance
- Measure impact of wifi range extenders
- Find the best spot for watching streaming movies in your home
- Accurate performance measuring of your network using client-server technology
- Get actual realworld network throughput
- Graphical visualization
- Find test servers automatically via Bonjour services
- Export data to tab text format
- Share results
To make a proper measurement, you need to have either two Macs in your network, or one Mac and an iOS/tvOS device. (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Apple TV are supported) The Mac will act as a server, the other device as the client for visualizing the results.
What's New in Version 1.2
- Added support for new iOS Server App. Allows direct measuring between iOS devices, without a Mac.
- Display connected clients
- Support for IPv6 connections (where available)
- Preferences cleanup