Pluto is the money app trusted & loved by students from 300+ colleges across the nation. Manage your spending & saving in a fun, simple way. No more tedious budgets, overwhelming numbers & ugly graphs, ever again.
"The spending challenges & saving goals make saving money like a game... I love it!" - Maddie S.
Perfect for you if you're stressed or clueless about your finances, want to improve your money habits, or have saving goals.
Securely add your bank accounts (debit, credit cards, PayPal, etc.) so Pluto can help you! We support 10k+ financial institutions across the U.S..
HOW WE HELP YOU
Save for Goals, by doing Simple Challenges:
• Save for your goals by doing simple challenges tailored to your finances and spending habits.
• EX: Take the "Spend Less on Uber" challenge this week, spend under your benchmark, save the difference towards your SE Asia trip!
Save for Goals, Manually:
• Easily add or subtract funds from your saving goals.
Compare Finances to Similar Peers, Anonymously:
• Compare your spending to similar peers, grouped by criteria like your age, income, relationship status and college campus. The more peers on Pluto, the more accurate it gets - so invite & share with your friends!
Understand Your Money with Simple Insights:
• Finally, insights that don't overwhelm you.
• See snapshot summaries, then dive into details only if you want!
Automatic Tracking & Categorization:
• Tracks your financial accounts and activities for you in one place.
• Categorizes all your transactions for you!
• Keeps you on track with our challenge "Spendometers".
• Bank-level security (learn more below).
Search Transactions, Easily:
• Type to search by bank accounts, merchant name and category! Want to see all transactions + total spend for Lyft? Start typing "Lyft" into the search box and boom! Or maybe for Fast Food? Start typing Fast Food into the search box and boom!
Get Powerful Alerts:
• Notifies you about new transactions, including when you get paid & pay off your credit card bills.
• Encourages and informs you of your challenge and goal progress.
• Tells you how many more times you can spend to stay green!
And best of all, Pluto is absolutely 100% free!
• SMS verification to prevent fraudulent accounts.
• PIN & Touch ID to protect device-specific account access.
• Bank-grade security & encryption to keep your personal data safe.
• Your bank log-in credentials cannot be stored by us.
• Your money cannot be moved via Pluto.
• Our partner Plaid also partners with Venmo, Acorns & AMEX.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
• CNN Money: A recommended app “to keep tabs on expenses”
• Stacking Benjamins (#1 personal finance podcast by Kiplinger): "This whole idea of gamifying your goals is pretty exciting”
• PT Money: Named as one of 'The Best Personal Finance Software for Taming Your Budget (2018)'
• Budgets Are Sexy: "12 New Financial Companies to Watch Out For"
No money can be moved in Pluto yet, so it's just virtual savings. We're working hard to bring you Pluto FDIC-insured accounts and easy in-app transfers. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!
• You can finally add and subtract money from your saving goals!! And we've got a fresh new "Goals" page.
• Chat LIVE with us right in the app for support & feedback! Just tap the Help icon throughout the app.
• Smashed more bugs for you.
Got a spare minute? Please rate + review us <3. It'll help expand & improve the Plutoverse!
Ratings and Reviews
Best finance app I’ve used
I have tried many many expense apps, but Pluto so far has been the best. Not only does it have amazing UI (which was super hard to come across), it also analyzes how I spend money the way I like (with graphics, categories, etc). The two features mentioned have never been both present in another app I tried before. I also like that I can see how I spend compare to my peers and that I can set challenges for me to save. One more thing: I also really like that I can edit transaction amounts. I’ve either entered every transaction manually (which is annoying and I stop after 2 months), or use an app that enters transaction automatically. The problem with the latter is that in college, we take the bill and Venmo each other a lot, thus the total isn’t necessary what I spend myself. I love that my spendings are tracked automatically AND I can edit it to reflect the true value.
Developer Response ,
Hi there - you're the best, this made us giddy with excitement. Thank you for such a glowing, thorough review <3. We work hard to constantly improve Pluto, and look forward to more of your feedback! Hit us up in our in-app chat anytime. Keep rockin'. -Pluto Team
Funnest financing app!
I’m in college and trying to figure out how to maintain my income and expenses since I /thought/ I was doing okay, but in reality I want to save for things like studying abroad. This app provides challenges for goals like that, as well as just sorts your spending in such a user friendly way! Before this, I was physically inputting my expenses and income into an excel sheet to keep track of money. However, that won’t be necessary anymore ☺️
Really really happy and already got one of my friends hooked on it too! Did I mention you can personally classify any transactions from your cards into certain categories?? Ex/ I can classify “shopping” expenses as “educational” if that’s why I went shopping. No more default-classifications like other financing apps!
Developer Response ,
Hi there - wow, what an amazing review! Thank you for sharing Pluto with your friends - we love you! Don't hesitate to let us know how we can improve in our in-app chat! -Pluto Team
My favorite budgeting app
I have a spending problem... and I have tried ALOT of budgeting apps, but this one is by far my favorite. I love that you can customize goals and challenges to reach your savings. It also shows you exactly how close you are to reaching your goal and tracks it as you go. It’s also just visually appealing, which for some reason makes me want to use it more! I love that it sends you notifications of how you’re doing (which you can turn off if you’re not the notification type, I am). My favorite part though is that it lets me compare my spending to peers of the same demographic. And boy do I have a spending problem...
Developer Response ,
Hi Madi - you're *our* favorite! Such a fab review. Hopefully we've helped you fix some of your spending problems. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any more feedback at email@example.com. And let us know if you want some Pluto stickers. :) -Pluto Team
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.