Pluto is the money app trusted & loved by students from 300+ colleges across the nation. Manage your spending & saving in a fun, simple way. No more tedious budgets, overwhelming numbers & ugly graphs, ever again.
"The spending challenges & saving goals make saving money like a game... I love it!" - Maddie S.
Perfect for anyone that's stressed or clueless about their finances. Also perfect for anyone that wants better money habits or have saving goals.
Securely link your bank accounts (debit, credit cards, PayPal) to get started & experience the full magic of Pluto! Pluto supports thousands of financial institutions across the U.S.
HOW WE HELP YOU
Saving Goals & Simple Challenges:
• Save towards your goals by doing simple challenges tailored to your finances and spending habits.
• EX: Take the "Spend Less on Uber" challenge this week, spend under your benchmark, save the difference towards your Japan trip!
Anonymous Comparison to Similar Peers:
• Ever wondered whether your finances are "normal" or not? Know how your spending compares to similar peers, grouped by criteria like your age, income, relationship status and even college campus.
• The more peers on Pluto, the more powerfully accurate it gets - so invite your friends!
Powerfully Simple Insights About Your Money:
• Understand your finances without getting overwhelmed.
• See snapshot summaries, then dive into details only if you want to.
Automatic Tracking & Categorization:
• Tracks your financial accounts and activities for you in one place.
• Categorizes all your transactions!
• Keeps you on track with our fun challenge "Spendometers".
• Bank-level security (learn more below).
• Type to search for any transactions by specific bank accounts, merchant name and category! Want to see all transactions + total spend for Lyft? Start typing "Lyft" into the search box and boom! Or maybe for Fast Food? Start typing Fast Food into the search box and boom!
• Notifies you when new transactions post—including when you get paid & pay off your credit card bills.
• Encourages and informs you of your challenge and goal progress.
• Tells you how many more times you can spend to stay green!
Not to mention, Pluto is absolutely 100% free!
• PIN code & Touch ID to protect device-specific account access.
• Bank-level encryption to keep your personal data safe.
• Your bank log-in credentials cannot and will never be stored by us, so your bank accounts can never be hacked through Pluto.
• Your money cannot be moved via Pluto.
• Our partner Plaid is a fintech industry leader that partners with other successful apps like Venmo, Acorns and Robinhood.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
• CNN Money: A recommended app “to keep tabs on expenses”
• Stacking Benjamins (#1 personal finance podcast by Kiplinger): "This whole idea of gamifying your goals is pretty exciting”
• PT Money: Named as one of 'The Best Personal Finance Software for Taming Your Budget (2018)'
• Budgets Are Sexy: "12 New Financial Companies to Watch Out For"
No money can be moved in Pluto yet, so it's just virtual savings. We're working hard to integrate Pluto FDIC-insured accounts and easy in-app fund transfers. Please email us at email@example.com for more info!
We constantly update Pluto with new features + improvements, thanks to your feedback! Here's the latest scoop:
• "Edit category" shortcuts are finally here! Access the shortcut by simply tapping on the category icon for any transaction.
• Unleashed more performance upgrades (i.e. category update speed is *fire*)!
• Cranked out more bug & UI fixes. Which you may or may not notice. But trust us, they're good in the long run :)
Happy August - may you seize the rest of your summer!
Ratings and Reviews
My favorite budgeting app
I have a spending problem... and I have tried ALOT of budgeting apps, but this one is by far my favorite. I love that you can customize goals and challenges to reach your savings. It also shows you exactly how close you are to reaching your goal and tracks it as you go. It’s also just visually appealing, which for some reason makes me want to use it more! I love that it sends you notifications of how you’re doing (which you can turn off if you’re not the notification type, I am). My favorite part though is that it lets me compare my spending to peers of the same demographic. And boy do I have a spending problem...
Hi Madi - you're *our* favorite! Such a fab review. Hopefully we've helped you fix some of your spending problems. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any more feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org. And let us know if you want some Pluto stickers. :) -Pluto Team
Makes my bank account happy!
First off, it’s a beautifully designed app, both concerning the look and functionality! I like the the first page you see is your goals/progress toward them; it makes “saving money” more tangible and enjoyable. I love that I can see where I spend the most money and set realistic benchmarks to lower the amount slowly. It’d be nice if the app had a how-to article to explain certain features instead of relying on the user figuring it out. Overall, the app is simple and easy to use and keeps me accountable for my spending!
Hi Emily - this was very flattering for our team to read. We're happy Pluto has helped you! Great feedback; we're definitely planning to add more interactive tutorial features down the road. Don't hesitate to reach out to email@example.com anytime :) -Pluto Team
Great Financial App for College Students
I really enjoyed using this app since it has a nice layout and graphics that make it more fun and easy to save and manage my money. I’m the type of person to be a little bit afraid of my finances and was a little intimidated and uneducated about certain topics but Pluto Money really helped organize and simplify things for me. I also liked that it’s specific to college students and can tailor more toward our financial needs and wants. Great financial app for college students and young adults that make it fun and easy to manage your finances!
Hi Lauren - thanks for such a positive review! Glad to hear you're not as intimidated about finances anymore ;) -Pluto Team
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.