Pennybox is the smart way to help your kids become financially responsible adults! Kids gradually learn to earn, save and spend their own pocket money in a fun and practical way.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Parents or kids send chores, actions, jobs, tasks or anything else around the home and attach a financial reward. $2 to do the dishes, $5 to wash the car, $10 for scoring a goal at their weekend football game. Be creative and make it more fun with emojis. It can be anything! For actions you want done regularly, simply set it up to repeat, and we'll take care of the rest.
2. Kids complete their tasks, chores or actions and mark them off in the app, while collecting and tracking money they earn in their Pennybox wallet. Accountability is important, so you can ask kids to attach a proof-photo to show they've completed the task before you pay them.
3. When it's time to spend, kids cash out, or parents can deduct an amount for something they want to buy, giving kids ownership over their money. Bank accounts and email addresses are not required for kids.
Pennybox is super safe and secure, and built with kids and families in mind.
It works on shared devices at home, so kids can log in easily with their own account!
Need a bit more info? Learn more at https://pennybox.com/how-it-works
WHAT DOES IT COST?
Nothing at all!
Pennybox is 100% free to download and use for parents and kids (with NO ads!)
NEED MORE HELP?
Visit us at pennybox.com for more info, or just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org any time!
Join our journey and help us shape the product. Can we do something better? Or, just want to say hi? Just shake your device inside the app to easily contact us. We always want to hear from you and your kids!
We're quick on the draw:
- Adding iOS 12 compatibility
- Minor crash and bug fixes
As always, we love hearing from you. Send any feedback (good or bad) to email@example.com and we'll get on it!
Ratings and Reviews
I love this idea and it helps both myself and my kids. The only thing I would like is that if the kids clicked done by mistake, that there is a way to undo that. It’s only because I was showing my kids to do it and I wasn’t able to undo it and now it’s just pending in the “done” tab. But other than that it’s a great app!
Hi Jchang926. Thank you so much for the feedback here. We'll look into how we could add 'undo' into tasks. We're making improvements quickly and we've got some exciting new features coming soon!
I’ve been using this app since early beta versions and the app is great. Developers took the time to respond to early feedback and they continue to optimize the app when bugs pop up. Great work.
Thank you for continuing to help us improve Pennybox, moneydad2018. We're releasing an update very shortly that will hopefully fix this issue for you! -Pennybox Team
Complicated sign up
Deleted for requiring unique user names for children. Really, I shouldn’t have to register my children with the app as unique users. I should just be able to type their nicknames in and go!
We learned from talking to kids around the world that they want ownership of their own money, and that helps them to learn financial responsibility! So we designed Pennybox in a way that lets them have their own account and pin (like a real bank account) without needing an email address (which a lot of kids don't have). We hope you'll try it with your kids and see how they enjoy it!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.