Application to mirror the screen of your iPhone or iPad to any LG Smart TV. No wires and no additional hardware needed! You can mirror any app on your iPhone or iPad to your LG TV.
This works on any LG Smart TV from the 2012 models onward.
In using the app, there will be a couple of seconds of latency (usually between 1 and 3). So this mirroring is not suitable for gaming.
However, it is very suitable for watching movies, giving presentations, watching photos, and much more!
How the app works:
1. Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same local network as your LG TV. Don't use multiple VLANs, a VPN or subnets.
2. Launch the Mirror for LG TV app. It will start looking for your LG TV(s) on your local network. When a TV is found, please select it. When you use this app for the first time, depending on your model LG TV, the TV might ask you to "allow" the connection. In that case, take your TV Remote Control and press OK to allow the connection from your TV to your iPhone or iPad.
3. Turn on notifications for this app. We will not spam you, but we will use this to let you know if your TV is working correctly or not. So please, please allow it, otherwise when things don't work as they should, you are left in the dark.
4. Click on Start Mirroring to start mirroring on the TV that is currently selected. After that, you can just go to any other app on your iPhone or iPad and the mirroring just continues to run.
5. To stop mirroring, there are two options. (1) click on the red top bar that you will see on your iPhone or iPad. (2) Go to the Mirror for LG TV app and click on Stop Mirroring.
Limitations and known issues:
- When screen mirroring from Safari, there is no audio. We advice to use the UC Browser instead of Safari.
- Sometimes audio from other apps is not playing. In this case, start a screen mirroring session, then open the app you want to mirror. If there is no sound, just close the app you are mirroring and re-open it in the same mirroring session.
Some apps don't allow screen mirroring. For instance Netflix: when you start screen mirroring when running the Netflix app on your iPhone or iPad, the TV screen will turn black. This is a choice that Netflix made, there is nothing that we can do about that.
If you have questions or would like to provide feedback, please send us an e-mail or chat with us on our Facebook page.
What our users are saying:
"Mirroring made Easy" - 5 STARS - by JBGuam
Absolutely great app, worked seamlessly with my tv, lag was minimal, but to be fair only receiving 40-45 mbs instead of 100+ mbs in the particular room I tried this. Should be even better with faster internet speeds.
"Works Great!!" - 5 STARS - by czerkman
Not sure why others had problems, I followed the directions and it worked perfectly. Ingenious idea from a developers standpoint.
"The app works great" - 5 STARS - by Alivesbg
No problems... Good set by step set-up.
When you like the app, please don't forget to give it a positive rating! Thanks in advance from the AirBeamTV development team!
Please give us feedback by mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bugfixes and Stability Improvements
- Adaptive streaming for better performance on lower quality networks
Ratings and Reviews
Does not stay connected
Was working decently for a while, consistently loses connection to my LG TV to the point where it’s not worth using after the last update. Avoid...
EDIT: ok sending
Developer Response ,
Our last release was aimed at fixing issues related to connection loss. But from your review, it looks like it might have had an adverse effect and we are curious to know why this may be happening. Can you send us a diagnostic information from the app? This way, we can look at whats happening and help fix the issue. Thanks!
This app try’s to accomplish what normal screen mirroring does but it falls way short. There is no sound on the TV and it has about a 10-15 second lag time so the TV is always really behind. Not good
Developer Response ,
I assume that you are playing video from Safari / Chrome browser. Audio from Safari / Chrome browser do not play on TV. This is a known issue from Apple and we are waiting for a fix from them. Meanwhile, you can use other web browsers like ‘Endless browser’ or ‘The UC Browser’ (both available for free in the app store) that would allow you to play audio on TV.
If the problem still persists, please contact us either via email (email@example.com), Facebook Messenger or through ‘send diagnostic information’ from the app. Our support team is available 24/7 and would be glad to help you mirror your audio on TV. Thanks!
Lost 5 bucks I will never get back
Dc universe has about a 10 second delay. The app is basically unusable due to lag. Wasted 5 bucks for an unusable app.
Developer Response ,
Usually the latency on LG TV is between 3 - 4 seconds (depends on your TV model and network). This is due to the TV buffering behaviour that is unfortunately outside of our control. We are constantly researching ways to improve it. However, 10 second delay does not seem right. Please let the app mirror for 30 - 60 seconds. The latency would go down over time. If latency did not go down to 3 - 4 seconds, then please send us your diagnostic info from the app in that case, we will analyze what happens.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.