Application to mirror the screen of your iPhone or iPad to any Sony Smart TV. No wires and no additional hardware needed! You can mirror any app on your iPhone or iPad to your Sony TV.
This works on any Sony Smart TV from the 2012 models onward.
In using the app, there will be a couple of seconds of latency (usually between 1 and 3). So this mirroring is not suitable for gaming.
However, it is very suitable for watching movies, giving presentations, watching photos, and much more!
How the app works:
1. Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same local network as your Sony TV. Don't use multiple VLANs, a VPN or subnets.
2. Launch the Mirror for Sony TV app. It will start looking for your Sony TV(s) on your local network. When a TV is found, please select it. When you use this app for the first time, depending on your model Sony TV, the TV might ask you to "allow" the connection. In that case, take your TV Remote Control and press OK to allow the connection from your TV to your iPhone or iPad.
3. Turn on notifications for this app. We will not spam you, but we will use this to let you know if your TV is working correctly or not. So please, please allow it, otherwise when things don't work as they should, you are left in the dark.
4. Click on Start Mirroring to start mirroring on the TV that is currently selected. After that, you can just go to any other app on your iPhone or iPad and the mirroring just continues to run.
5. To stop mirroring, there are two options. (1) click on the red top bar that you will see on your iPhone or iPad. (2) Go to the Mirror for Sony TV app and click on Stop Mirroring.
Limitations and known issues:
- When screen mirroring from Safari, there is no audio. We advice to use the Puffin Web Browser, Dolphin Web Browser or iCabMobile instead of Safari.
- Sometimes audio from other apps is not playing. In this case, start a screen mirroring session, then open the app you want to mirror. If there is no sound, just close the app you are mirroring and re-open it in the same mirroring session.
Some apps don't allow screen mirroring. For instance Netflix: when you start screen mirroring when running the Netflix app on your iPhone or iPad, the TV screen will turn black. This is a choice that Netflix made, there is nothing that we can do about that.
If you have questions or would like to provide feedback, please send us an e-mail or chat with us on our Facebook page.
When you like the app, please don't forget to give it a positive rating! Thanks in advance from the AirBeamTV development team!
Please give us feedback by mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bugfixes and Stability Improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent Support for Worthwhile App
Initially the app did not seem to work: My IPad was unable to detect my Sony Bravia TV. I sent an inquiry and I received a reply from Support more quickly than I expected. After I addressed questions from Tech Support, within a few minutes they diagnosed a possible issue, and responded. When this did not resolve the issue, Tech Support again replied within minutes, and with their assistance, we indeed resolved the issue. Now the app works seamlessly and quite effortlessly. I am truly impressed by the individual attention and speed of assistance offered by the Tech Support. I am happy to offer a glowing review of the app and the individuals who stand behind it.
A waste of 5 dollars - want a refund
Like many other reviews have pointed out, this app is a total waste of money!! Stay away from it, the app does nothing of what it promises! After downloading the app, I had to chat with support for hours to just get the app working, it wasn't able to find my tv, the video you “share” on the screen keeps breaking up and is behind by 5-6 seconds from what is actually playing on your phone. A total rip off, I want my money back! I wouldn’t even give it a one star!
Developer Response ,
We sent you a list of suggestions on how to fix the loading issue. Did you try them? Did that help you fix the problem? If you want us to help you, please contact us either via email (email@example.com), Facebook Messenger or through ‘send diagnostic information’ from the app. Our support team is available 24/7 and would be glad to help you get connected. Thanks!
Not worth it. Refund, please.
I downloaded this on a limb and none of it worked as well as the browser that it recommends to have sound while playing it. I followed all the instructions and till nothing. Sure, it’s a good app to mirror actions and such a bit of delay but it works regardless but other than that, it wasn’t worth the money. I’d like a refund as soon as possible, please.
Developer Response ,
To get sound on TV while mirroring from endless browser, please make sure that the ringer on your phone is switched ON. If its switched OFF, audio does not play on TV.
If you want us to help you, please contact us either via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), Facebook Messenger or through ‘send diagnostic information’ from the app. Our support team is available 24/7 and would be glad to help you get connected.
If you are still unsatisfied with your purchase, you can always get a refund from Apple. This is how that works: http://bit.ly/mac-refund.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.