Application to mirror the screen and audio of your iPhone or iPad to your Roku. This can be any Roku Streaming Player, Roku Stick or Roku TV (from Hisense, TCL, Insignia and Sharp)! You can mirror any app on your iPhone or iPad to your Roku.
In using the app, there will be a couple of seconds of latency (usually between 1 and 3). So this mirroring is not suitable for gaming.
However, it is very suitable for watching movies, giving presentations, watching photos, and much more!
How the app works:
1. Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same local network as your Roku. Don't use multiple VLANs, a VPN or subnets.
2. Launch the Mirror for Roku app. It will start looking for your Roku(s) on your local network. When a Roku Player, Stick or TV is found, please select it. When you use this app for the first time, your Roku will go to the Mirror for Roku install page. Select Add Channel to add the Mirror for Roku receiver on your Roku.
3. Turn on notifications for this app. We will not spam you, but we will use this to let you know if your Roku is working correctly or not. So please, please allow it, otherwise when things don't work as they should, you are left in the dark.
4. Click on Start Mirroring to start mirroring on the Roku that is currently selected. After that, you can just go to any other app on your iPhone or iPad and the mirroring just continues to run.
5. To stop mirroring, there are two options. (1) click on the red top bar that you will see on your iPhone or iPad. (2) Go to the Mirror for Roku app and click on Stop Mirroring.
Limitations and known issues:
- When screen mirroring from Safari, there is no audio. We advice to use the UC Browser instead of Safari.
- Sometimes audio from other apps is not playing. In this case, start a screen mirroring session, then open the app you want to mirror. If there is no sound, just close the app you are mirroring and re-open it in the same mirroring session.
Some apps don't allow screen mirroring. For instance Netflix: when you start screen mirroring when running the Netflix app on your iPhone or iPad, the TV screen will turn black. This is a choice that Netflix made, there is nothing that we can do about that.
If you have questions or would like to provide feedback, please send us an e-mail or chat with us on our Facebook page.
What our users are saying:
"Worked great!" - 5 STARS - by HeatherWorky
Sure there is a slight delay, but I just turn down the audio on my iPhone and it’s fine. Works perfectly. Was about to pitch my roku but now I can use it with Spotify and other accounts. Thanks!
"Love it !!! Thank you developers" - 5 STARS - by Kenjikaea
It works smoothly for me currently on a iPhone X no lag at all I can watch movies play apps from my smart tv .
When you like the app, please don't forget to give it a positive rating! Thanks in advance from the AirBeamTV development team!
Please give us feedback by mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bugfixes and Stability Improvements
- Adaptive streaming for better performance on lower quality networks
Ratings and Reviews
Frequently drops from I phone air drop for no apprehensive reasons.
Developer Response ,
We recently fixed this 'drop' issue in the latest version of the app. So curious to know that it happens again. Perhaps we missed your Roku model. Can you send us a diagnostic information from the app? This way, we can see whats going wrong and help fix this. Thanks!
Don’t waste your money
Horrible app doesn’t work properly always have problems connecting to my tv.
Developer Response ,
What do you mean by you have issues connecting to your TV. Are you able to mirror to your Roku device? What happens when you mirror to it?
If you want us to help you, please contact us either via email (email@example.com), Facebook Messenger or through ‘send diagnostic information’ from the app. Our support team is available 24/7 and would be glad to help you get connected.
It doesn’t mirror sound. Literally the biggest waste of money and I want my money back.
Developer Response ,
I assume that you are playing video from Safari / Chrome browser. Audio from Safari / Chrome browser do not play on TV. This is a known issue from Apple and we are waiting for a fix from them. Meanwhile, you can use other web browsers like ‘Endless browser’ or ‘The UC Browser’ (both available for free in the app store) that would allow you to play audio on TV.
If the problem still persists, please contact us either via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), Facebook Messenger or through ‘send diagnostic information’ from the app. Our support team is available 24/7 and would be glad to help you mirror your audio on TV. Thanks!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.