The Aetna Health app makes it easier to manage your health and benefits. Quickly find a doctor and see what it may cost. Manage your benefits and review and pay claims. The app is simple to use and personalized to your needs.
And we're not stopping there. We’re continuously adding new features and functionality to improve your experience.
Currently the app is available to a limited group of Aetna® members. We’ll be expanding access throughout the year. If you don’t have access today, check back periodically to see if it’s been made available for your plan.
Find the medical care that meets your needs
• Find in-network providers and offices by location, profile and specialty.
• Get cost estimates for doctor visits and medical procedures.
• Look up medications by their brand or generic names, and learn about side effects, interactions and more.
• Set up your Teladoc® account today to talk with a doctor anytime, from anywhere, when you need care. (For eligible members.)
Manage your plan, benefits and claims details
• Pull up your ID card whenever you need it.
• View up to two years of claims history for your whole family.
• Review your claims by member, provider, facility, service or date.
• Pay claims using your bank account or credit card.
• Track progress toward meeting your deductible.
• View your PayFlex® HSA, HRA and FSA account balances.
Get personalized guidance and support to help you achieve your goals
• Get personalized health actions that are recommended based on your profile.
• Set and track progress toward fitness and nutrition goals. Sync your data automatically by allowing Aetna Health to access your steps and exercise data from HealthKit.
To make managing your health care even easier, we’re regularly adding new features.
With this release, you can take charge of your health with these enhancements:
• Bug fixes and accessibility updates
Ratings and Reviews
Do not use Aetna App to make a payment
Aetna failed to process my payment to provider twice. I placed payment for two of my claims using this Aetna mobile app. They both failed. I’ve got past due notice from the provider after I made payment. I called them to explain that I made payment via Aetna mobile app already and had a receipt. Then, a few days later, I’ve got refund for this payment, it was almost month later since I made a payment. I called the provider and apologized this late payment which was not my fault and sent a check them immediately. Now, another claim, I paid for the claim on Mar 19, 2019. Today, on May 14, I’ve got past due notice from the provider. So far, I didn’t see refund logged for the claim on the Aetna mobile app, so I thought my payment was processed and sent to the provider successfully. I called Aetna, I was on hold for a few minutes, and this is what they said: They, Aetna, sent my payment to the provider on May 25, 2019, 6 days after I made a payment via Aetna mobile app. However, the provider never cash it, hence my payment was automatically refunded. Then, why the refund wasn’t shown app soon? And, why payment process didn’t work? Why the provider never cash my payment, is it their fault or Aetna’s fault? My conclusion: I will never use Aetna mobile app to make my payment to provider. I will use my HSA account, the provider’s online payment system, or send a check!
Developer Response ,
Hello, cirs. Thanks for your post. We care about your Aetna Health app experience. I work on Aetna’s support team. If you’ll email our support mailbox, I’ll be happy to help you. That shouldn't be happening and we can help you with this issue. Our email address is AetnaHealth-AppSupport@aetna.com. Thanks! Rick G..
Wow When Will It Work
As of March 2019 this app is still not working for me at this point I’m assuming I’m gonna be the last type of member to gain access if at all us Aetna PPO members want to use this app so bad every type of Aetna customer needs access to this app
Functionality improvement—if your a customer of additional Aetna products that information should be provided on the app as well such as if your enrolled in health and vision and or dental and if your enrolled in an employer plan and a Medicare plan because some people have both and maybe include those cards digitally in addition to the primary Aetna product
2. Aetna it would be great to incorporate Apple health records maybe even Apple Watch records into the app since this type of data is highly securable and encrypted today syncing through the patient(s) medical portal(s) as well then connecting that information back to the Aetna app and Apple Health
Unable to pay claims
I am unable to pay claims through the app. After entering payment info, I get a confirmation screen and then it says processing. It continues to say processing forever and I have to completely exit the app. I’ve tried this with several different providers, multiple payment methods, and over a couple of weeks time. It simply does not work. When I called Aetna about the issue I was told to not use the app to pay my claims. This is an unacceptable response when the purpose is to manage and pay claims.
I am also frustrated that I am unable to login as myself and view my children’s claims. I have to be logged into my husband’s account to see them. As I am the member of the household who manages our children’s medical appointments and bills, this makes it difficult.
Developer Response ,
Hello, Lindsay99739. Thanks for your post. We care about your Aetna Health app experience. I work on Aetna’s support team. If you’ll email our support mailbox, I’ll be happy to help you. That shouldn't be happening and we can help you with this issue. Our email address is AetnaHealth-AppSupport@aetna.com. Thanks! Rick G..
- Aetna Life Insurance Company
- 72.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Aetna Life Insurance Company
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.