Statmagic PRO has helped thousands of students finish their statistics homework faster. It eliminates tedious number-crunching, and helps you avoid common mistakes -- all while making intro stats simpler, clearer, and easier to learn.
Statmagic PRO is the best, easiest-to-use app for learning stats. Why?
• Simplicity. Statmagic uses a simple and familiar calculator layout.
• Complete results. From the standard error to the Z score, to the p-value and "reject Ho?" conclusion, Statmagic calculates and returns every important value. And Statmagic PRO’s 11+ calculators have been tested exhaustively to ensure that they return correct answers, first and foremost.
• Press and hold definitions. Every input field has an on-the-spot definition, so you can quickly remind yourself what each statistical symbol means, and enter the right value for it.
• Error checking. Statmagic automatically checks for typos and anomalous numbers, to help you prevent simple mistakes. For example, if you select a Z test when n is < 30 and the standard deviation is not known, Statmagic will politely suggest a T test instead.
• An exceedingly easy dataset import feature. Just open a spreadsheet in a spreadsheet app, copy the data onto your device's clipboard, and Statmagic can read it. Running a regression is then just a click away! Or, Statmagic will help you select the correct test for your 1-sample, 2-sample, or paired data.
• User-specified answer rounding. Statmagic will round its answers to any number of digits that you specify.
• Automatic graphics and plots, so you can visualize what’s going on. For instance, you can finally skip the confusing Z table -- Statmagic automatically graphs the area under the curve, for any Z or T score!
• Extensive, yet easy-to-navigate help material, with straightforward explanations of the logic and formulas of statistics. All honed by the developer’s years of one-on-one stat tutoring experience.
• Integration with Statmagic's online learning videos, which explains the core ideas of a semester-long stat course in less time than 2 lectures (videos are in English only).
With its 11+ optimally-designed calculators, Statmagic covers the most common topics of intro stat classes, each with its own help page and memorable example problems. These are:
• Descriptive stats (mean, quartiles, standard deviation, etc.).
• Probabilities (Z and T scores) on the normal distribution.
• One- and two-sample tests of mean (Z, T, and Welch tests).
• One- and two-sample tests of proportion (allowing both decimal "0.48" and fractional "54/112" type entries for p).
• Confidence intervals (for a mean or a proportion, featuring a full, auto-filling CI formula, so you can see how the CI is constructed).
• Minimum N of a sample (for measuring a true mean or a proportion within a set margin of error).
• Least-squares linear regression (with an automatic scatterplot coloring outliers, and a tool to calculate the predicted y for any chosen x using the regression equation).
• The best-designed Chi-squared calculator out there. (Which, besides furnishing full test results, including the critical Chi-square and p-values, instantly calculates all the expected and Chi-squared values as soon as you enter the observed counts. Handles up to a 7x7 table.)
Learn statistics efficiently, and finish your stats homework faster. Learn, practice, and master stats with Statmagic PRO!
• Improved the flow of the first launch.
Ratings and Reviews
This makes stats simple! Really easy to use and it even explains you’re input and the results! Would highly recommend downloading Statmagic if you ever do any statistical problems or analysis!
Easy and quick
Super simple and easy to use to work through various statistics problems. Now I don’t have to lug that bulky graphing calculator around!
This is a super useful little app. It’s going to make stat work a lot easier in future. I also like the clean look and intuitiveness of the design.
- David Johnson
- 24 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017-18 David Johnson and Dan Chenoweth
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock all calculators $1.99
- Normal distribution $0.99
- Regression $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.