Oxford Learner’s Dictionaries have been created especially for speakers of other languages who are learning English. If you are learning English, an Oxford learner’s bilingual dictionary can help you to develop your English language skills. Download a free sample to see how much an Oxford learner’s dictionary can help you! An in-app purchase is required to access the full dictionary.
The following dictionaries are available:
• Diccionario Oxford Pocket para estudiantes de inglés (for Spanish-speaking learners of English)
• Dicionário Oxford Escolar para estudantes brasileiros de inglês (for Brazilian learners of English)
• Oxford Klausur-Wörterbuch (for German-speaking learners of English)
• Diccionario Oxford Pocket para estudiantes argentinos de inglés (for Argentinian learners of English)
Find the word you want:
• Search for the word you want in either your own language or English, and switch dictionary sides with one tap
• Use Full Text Search to find your word in any phrase or example sentence in the dictionary
• Find a word even if you don’t know the spelling with the ‘Did you mean…?’ function and wildcard search
• Tap any word in an entry to instantly look it up
Improve your pronunciation:
• Listen to real-voice pronunciation of the English words in both British and American English accents
• Practise your pronunciation by listening to the audio, recording your own voice, and playing back to compare
Personalize your learning:
• Create your own list of Favourite words and create folders to organize and store them
• Export your Favourite lists and History list
Learn more with a dictionary that’s specifically written for learners of English:
• The most important words to learn in English are clearly marked with a key (the Oxford 3000)
• Hundreds of colour illustrations, which you can enlarge and explore to further extend your vocabulary (not available in Oxford Klausur-Wörterbuch)
• Study all English verb forms and hear them pronounced
• Extra information, written especially for learners of English, appears in usage notes, for example related vocabulary, grammar and cultural information (not available in Oxford Klausur-Wörterbuch)
• Build your topic vocabulary using pre-loaded Topics that bring together words to talk about Jobs, Sports, etc. (not available in Oxford Klausur-Wörterbuch)
In this update, we have improved the quality of the audio.
The update also includes an improved search function: now ‘variants’ and ‘derivatives’ are searchable, e.g. aluminum (included in the German and Spanish entries for aluminium) and ancestral (included in the Spanish and Brazilian entries for ancestor).
We have also added a new dictionary to the Catalogue, created especially for Argentinian learners of English: Oxford Pocket Argentina.
Your Favourites will be preserved when you update.
- Oxford University Press ELT
- 81.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Oxford University Press
- In-App Purchases
- Diccionario Oxford Pocket $14.99
- Dicionário Oxford Escolar $14.99
- Oxford Klausur-Wörterbuch $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.