We built Ellie so you can spend less time organizing your life and more time living it.
• Going to the grocery store or gym?
No need to have an app for what you’re doing and another for when you do it. Ellie keeps your grocery list and workout plan all in the same place.
• Too busy to run errands?
Stop spending your free time figuring out when you have free time. Ellie will let you know when you have time in your day.
• Getting lazy about adding things in your calendar?
It’s not your fault; traditional calendars are super complicated. Ellie makes new reminders and events are only a few taps away.
• Do you forget complicated websites?
Maybe you have a reminder to order an Uber, pay your credit card or check your syllabus. Link the website or app to Ellie and we'll jump you right into the right app.
By Liam and Cesar
Made in Seattle
• See a heat map of the busiest days of the week, month or year. It’s based on how many hours each day are taken up by your calendar.
• When things are complete or checked off on your timeline, they minimize to save space.
• Add and view notes to your timeline! You can add them to new things and view or edit existing one too.
• Manage the notifications you get for each thing on your timeline. You can modify them later or add multiple notifications when you make a new thing.
• Days that are spread over multiple days now show up correctly on your timeline.
• Dark mode had a bug where pressing cancel would cause the screen to go into light mode.
• Reminders will no longer notify you when you complete them.
• The widget would only show CST timezone, it now shows your timezone.
• When sending us feedback, your build and version number will be included in iMessage.
• Randomly a crash would occur when updating tasks. This has been fixed.
• When opening Ellie and being moved to the current thing, sometimes the previous day would not load. This has been fixed.
• If a person who was invited didn’t have a name, previously it would be blank. Now it says that the name is not available.
• When an event was complete, the conflict message would still appear as white and not fade out.
• The app now works if you do not give permission to access reminders. We need to access calendar data though. This is a calendar app after all.
• Things were too easy to complete. Made some adjustments to the required velocity of a swipe.
• Some calendar events would bleed over into multiple days. This has been fixed.
I hope you love the update! We're always working harder to make your life more organized and efficient. Send us feedback from the settings menu in Ellie! You can even send us an iMessage directly.
Ratings and Reviews
LOVE IT! Life savior, thank you 🙏
I never make reviews but after days of browsing on the App Store, I have finally found the app I’ve been looking for. I love how visual it is, but it’s also very clear. Glad it can sync up to my other calendars, and it’s overall very helpful. It can open to other apps (as someone who is active on socials this is super helpful), and I love the smart assistant. This was clearly well thought out. Hope any changes made will only make this app better! (Will be updating with my experience after a week or so)
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much and I’m so glad you enjoy using Ellie ❤️ your amazing reviews are the fuel that keeps us on the mission to make the calendar better. We’ll keep adding more apps to the Quick Action feature super soon and would love to hear more ways we can make Ellie even better for you!
Thank you again,
Getting there. So much potential.
I keep coming back to this app and this time it may just stick. It's definitely for a specific kind of person, combining tasks lists and your calendar, and while there is still a lot of functionality in each of those areas to build, there is a ton of potential.
There is a bit of a learning curve to use it because you need to adjust how you think about and organize your tasks and events, but you'll soon find that once you relax your thought structures and let things form naturally and organically the app functions quite well.
Particularly for organizing your time, I'd really like to see some new views. The current timeline is useful, but it's also essentially a list. This makes it challenging to schedule time blocks longer than the given duration options and visually plan your week.
Creative Week and Month views would be wonderful. 3 stars is tough love for this app, but I'm really hoping to give more in the future.
Developer Response ,
Hey Andy 👋
Thank you so much for giving Ellie a try and for your amazing feedback! Gosh, it makes me so happy knowing that somebody is using our little app to make their life a bit more organized.
In regards to your feedback, we wanted to keep things simple in the beginning and really think about the essentials of what a calendar could be. You’re right though! We need a better way to block off time to get things done and I think we have a couple ideas you’ll love in the next update or so.
We built Ellie Calendar for people like you and with your incredible feedback, I think you’re going to use future versions more and more ❤️
Been using this app for a short while now and it’s great so far and the heat map feature on the calendar provides a great overview as well!
I noticed a small thing though. On the time slider, it says 12 AM for when I slide it to 12 PM. I know it’s a very small detail but other than that, it’s such an intuitive app and can’t wait to see more features added!! Great job 👍🏽👍🏽
Developer Response ,
Hey 👋 Thank you so much for trying out Ellie Calendar! Also, thanks for pointing out that bug, we'll get that fixed in the next update which is coming out in a week or so. Keep letting me know what we can do better! Liam
- Liam Bolling
- 19.3 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Liam Bolling
- In-App Purchases
- Small Tip $1.99
- Super Large Tip $19.99
- Medium Tip $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.