This is the best app to track your climbing and boulder sessions automatically. iRedpoint gives you detailed overview and feedback on your ascents.
Use your Apple Watch as a fitness tracker for bouldering and climbing. Contribute your climbing session to closing your daily rings! Workouts are stored in HealthKit and therefore visible in the Health app and Workouts app as well.
After each session you will see detailed information about your climbs: the overall height, your heart rate, duration, maximum ascent height, ascending speed, difficulty of routes, and most importantly: iRedpoint will give you personalized training suggestions based on that data. How to go from V4 to V5? Or from 5.11b to 5.11c? iRedpoint creates a training plan just for you to achieve your next climbing goals.
So, how does that work?
Thanks to highly advanced machine learning we are able to classify climbing movements right on Apple Watch. In addition to that we use the built-in barometer to measure the ascended altitude. You can track the difficulty of ascended routes right from the Apple Watch.
- Top Rope
- Sport Climbing
- Trad Climbing
- Multi Rope (Alpine)
- Free Solo
- Aid Climbing
Available iRedpoint Membership Subscriptions:
There are two options available: Three-months membership and annual membership.
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Privacy and Terms: https://iredpoint.com/privacy
This update is dedicated to power-users of iRedpoint by adding four highly requested features:
- Connect iRedpoint with your Strava account to sync all climbing activities.
- Hueco-Scale? Fontainebleau? Yosemite? UIAA? It's now up to you! Select which grading system you want to use for which climbing type.
- You can now specify if you want to use metric or imperial units throughout the app.
- This update also adds a better way to calculate burned energy during the workout. The calories are now matching with the calories in Apple's Activity app. However, the total burned energy is only visible through Apple's Activity app. Hoping to make this more convenient for you in a future update, though. Decided to total energy for now because I couldn't figure out how the Activity app calculates this.
- Adds new climbing gyms to iRedpoint's database.
- Improved User Interface.
- iRedpoint now contributes the correct climbing type into the workout app (previously, that was always "Bouldering").
- Improved the handling of workouts that were accidentally started and stopped right away by the user.
Ratings and Reviews
Track your climbing activities
Amazing Climbing Tracker for Apple Watch
I’ve been looking for something like that for a while. I’m totally into bouldering and I love my watch but I don’t want to carry around my phone while climbing. So this is perfect because all the tracking just happens on the watch.
It’s nice to have tracking ability for the difficulty grades of each routes manually and somehow magically it even detects the altitude of each climb quite accurately (I think gps but works indoor too?)
Definitely recommend to give it a try.
It’s okay but could be so much more
I used it for the first time tonight and it worked okay. It missed a couple of climbs and it added a few for no reason. I would love to be able to log the grade of climb V5 or 5.11 depending on style and it would be nice to remove attempts from the overall number.
Developer Response ,
Hey! Good news, the new update has far more accurate tracking for ascents & adds manual grade tracking as well! I’d love if you could give it another try 😊
- Frogg GmbH
- 89 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Frederik Riedel
- In-App Purchases
- iRedpoint Pro 1 Year $29.99
- iRedpoint Pro 3 Months $10.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.