The curriculum includes reading, language, writing, math, social-emotional development, problem-solving skills, and motor development. Open-ended activities and games like drawing, storytelling, and coloring encourage creativity and self-expression. And colorful main characters will guide children through the learning experience, keeping them engaged on their educational journey.
Khan Academy Kids includes thousands of interactive activities for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners that are aligned with the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework and Common Core Standards.
Let the joyful learning begin!
• Parents' Choice Gold Award
• 5 stars from Common Sense Media, 5 stars Educational Value, 5 stars Ease of Play
• Editor's Choice Award for Excellence in Design from Children's Technology Review: 100% Rating
“The lessons are well-paced, filled with whimsy, intelligence, and a clear understanding of how children learn." - Parents’ Choice Foundation
• Reading and literacy—phonics, the alphabet, spelling, and early writing.
• Language—vocabulary, opposites, prepositions, and verbs.
• Math—counting, numbers, addition, subtraction, shapes, and measuring.
• Executive function and logic—focus, memory, and problem-solving.
PERSONALIZED LEARNING EXPERIENCE
• Adaptive learning path allows each child to learn at their own pace.
• Learn independently in the Library—a collection of activities, books, and videos.
• Kids can read books on their own or follow along with recorded audio narration.
• Five whimsical characters encourage children to think and learn.
• Highly interactive games and activities.
• Kids can collect fun bugs, hats, and toys as they learn.
EMOTIONAL AND PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT
• Social-emotional—relationships, self-control, and empathy.
• Motor and physical development—gross and fine motor skills, health and nutrition.
• Creative expression—drawing, storytelling, and coloring.
CREATED BY A TEAM OF EXPERTS
• Developed in collaboration with experts at the Stanford Graduate School of Education
• Aligns with Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework and Common Core Standards.
• Original content from Super Simple Songs®, Bellwether Media, and National Geographic Young Explorer Magazine
• View child’s progress on activities and topics in the Library.
• Read books with your child.
• Engage in learning activities and co-play with your child.
• Set up multiple children in the Parent Section.
ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY
Khan Academy is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with the mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We support teachers’ efforts to help every child succeed with personalized practice. We help students develop the skills, habits, and mindsets for success in school and beyond. Khan Academy has been translated into dozens of languages, and 15 million people around the globe learn on Khan Academy every month. For more information, visit khankids.org.
ABOUT SUPER SIMPLE SONGS®
Skyship Entertainment™ is the creator of the beloved children’s brand, Super Simple™. Their award-winning Super Simple Songs® combines delightful animation and puppetry with original and classic kids’ songs to help make learning simple and fun. With over 10 billion views and 10 million subscribers on YouTube, their songs and videos are favorites with parents, teachers, and kids around the globe.
We’d love to hear from you. Please visit us at khanacademykids.org or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the fresh snow at the Kids’ Club! Kodi and friends are all bundled up and ready to play. Grab your sled, and come see our new winter activities in the library. You can reach us at email@example.com. From the tip of your nose, down to your paws or your toes, wishing you a warm and wonderful winter!
Ratings and Reviews
Wish we found this sooner
This is an amazing app! My 3 year old loves it!! Only wish when we close the app (because mommy has to respond to a text) the whole entire app restarts instead of picking back up on where she left 😕
Great for kids 2-4
This is great app for kids at such a young age. Content is great, and helps scaffold your child through learning. Characters are fun and a great app the little ones to play in the car.
I have 3 kids, currently 8, 4 and 18 months. I’ve been using kids apps since my youngest was about 1. This app is hands down the best preschool app I’ve ever used. My youngest enjoys the baby shark videos and listens to the storybooks with the older kids. My middle kid never wants to put it down. And my oldest enjoys using it with the other kids. Excellent material and tons of it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.