Children can learn reading, language, writing, math, social-emotional development, problem-solving skills, and motor development. Open-ended activities and games like drawing, storytelling, and coloring encourage creativity and self-expression. A cast of adorable animal characters will guide children through lessons, and our adaptive learning path will customize their experience to help them master different skills.
Khan Academy Kids is completely free, forever - no ads and no subscriptions necessary. And we’re always adding new content to keep kids engaged, including books and songs from Super Simple Songs®, Bellwether Media, and National Geographic Young Explorer Magazine.
Download today and let the joyful learning begin!
HIGH-QUALITY, AWARD-WINNING CONTENT
• Common Sense Media—5 stars Educational Value, 5 stars Ease of Play
• Children's Technology Review Editor's Choice Award for Excellence in Design—100% Rating
• Parents' Choice Foundation Gold Award
“The lessons are well-paced, filled with whimsy, intelligence, and a clear understanding of how children learn." —Parents’ Choice Foundation
• Reading and literacy—phonics, the alphabet, spelling, and early writing
• Language—vocabulary, opposites, prepositions, and verbs
• Math—counting, numbers, addition, subtraction, shapes, and measuring
• Executive function and logic—focus, memory, and problem-solving
PERSONALIZED LEARNING EXPERIENCE
• Adaptive learning path allows each child to learn at their own pace.
• Children learn independently in the Library—a collection of activities, books, and videos.
• Kids can read books on their own or follow along with recorded audio narration.
• Five whimsical characters encourage children to think and learn.
• Highly interactive educational games and activities engage young learners.
• Kids can collect fun bugs, hats, and toys as they learn.
EMOTIONAL AND PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT
• Social-emotional—relationships, self-control, and empathy
• Motor and physical development—gross and fine motor skills, health, and nutrition
• Creative expression—drawing, storytelling, and coloring
CREATED BY A TEAM OF EXPERTS
• Developed in collaboration with experts at the Stanford Graduate School of Education
• Aligns with Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework and Common Core Standards
• Features original content from Super Simple Songs®, Bellwether Media, and National Geographic Young Explorer Magazine
We’d love to hear from you. Please visit us at khanacademykids.org, or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY
Khan Academy is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with the mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Khan Academy Kids was created by experienced early learning experts who have created 22 other top-selling titles and received 22 Parents’ Choice Awards, 19 Children’s Technology Review Awards, and a KAPi award for Best Children’s App at the International Consumer Electronics Show. The Khan Academy Kids team is a passionate group of engineers, artists, designers, and educators who joined Khan Academy from Duck Duck Moose, a maker of popular educational apps for kids. Khan Academy Kids is 100% free without ads or subscriptions.
ABOUT SUPER SIMPLE SONGS®
Skyship Entertainment™ is the creator of the beloved children’s brand, Super Simple™. Their award-winning Super Simple Songs® combines delightful animation and puppetry with original and classic kids’ songs to help make learning simple and fun. With over 10 billion views and 10 million subscribers on YouTube, their songs and videos are favorites with parents, teachers, and kids around the globe.
Kodi and friends are excited to celebrate their favorite planet, Earth! Join them in the Kids' Club Library as they learn from 20 new Earth Day books from National Geographic and Bellwether Media. Be sure to check out all the new learning activities too! Leave us a review and let us know what you think! Happy learning!
Ratings and Reviews
Absolutely in love!!
My kids and I love this app so much. I homeschool my 4 babies, Using Khan Academy for my 9 and 14 year old. It was so hard finding an app that was free and appropriate for my 3 yr old twins. A lot of apps seemed a bit advanced in some areas or not advanced enough in others or appeared to be free then had all kinds of in app purchases.
When I found out Khan Academy kids was launching I was extremely excited. This has been a great experience. Being able to adjust the difficulty level as they progress has been great making for very easy transitions. I can’t wait to see what’s next to come with Khan Academy kids!
I tell everyone I know with small children about how amazing this app is. An actual free app that is fun, easy to use for parents and especially for kids, that allows you to easily track their progress. Khan Academy kids is by far the best I’ve ever use!!!! ❤️❤️❤️
THE best kids’ app
As a mother and a teacher, I’ve personally tried no less than 20 educational apps for kids age 2 to 6, and Khan Academy Kids is doubtlessly THE best one! I’m so glad and grateful that Khan Academy finally launched this awesome app for younger kids! I’ve just recommended it to all my friends and parents.
1. The lessons are the perfect combination of education+fun. They seem to be more age-appropriate in the difficulty level than other apps I’ve tried, and therefore more engaging to younger learners .
2. It’s fast. No need to waste your or your kids’ time waiting for the next lesson to load up.
3. IT’S FREE! Thank you Khan Academy for your goodwill to give the learning opportunity to less privileged children!
A few recommendations for parents:
1. We should always try to stay with our children when they are using this app. In other words, don’t let the screen be the parent. That way, we can be aware of their academic progress and able to offer help. We don’t need to sit right next to them, but should be within a short distance or in the same room to be able to hear/see what they are working on.
2. We should have a time limit for screen even with great apps like KAK. My personal preference for my kids and students is no more than 60 min / day.
Anyway, I hope everyone enjoy this app and thank you Khan Academy!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review and recommendations. We value your input and are very glad to hear that you like the app.
My kids love it!
This is perfect for my 4.5yo. There are so many activities, and I love how it automatically moves through a variety of disciplines rather than just always sending the child back to the main menu. My kids usually find one section of an app and then hang out there until they’re bored with the app, whereas this keeps things moving along and therefore keeps them interested. My 6yo is already a good reader, but it’s a nice review for her. She enjoys the songs and also the huge book section where she can read the page and then listen to the narrator if there are any tough words. I would love to see a more advanced parental panel in the future. We homeschool and use the regular Khan Academy for math and grammar, so I’d love to see a parental panel along those lines here. Either way, keep up the great work!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.