● Write the math expression with your finger or Apple Pencil.
● MathKey will convert your handwriting to :
- LaTeX/MathML expression for Pages, Numbers, Word and any LaTeX/MathML compatible app.
- image for any other app that is compatible with images.
● Remote Keyboard : connect MathKey to your computer via our website and paste generated content right on your computer !
● Pick any color for both LaTeX, MathML and image output. You can save up to 20 colors.
● When converting to an image, paste it from the pasteboard or, on an iPad, drag-and-drop it.
● MathKey is powered by MyScript © Interactive Ink state-of-the-art technology.
● Dark & Light themes.
- An Internet connectivity is mandatory.
- Quotas may be imposed in case of abusive use.
- Although MyScript © Interactive Ink technology is very reliable, results are not guaranteed.
- Apple Pencil works only with compatible iPad.
- MathKey is a keyboard.
This update fixes the use of MathKey with a Smart Keyboard or Bluetooth keyboard. If MathKey doesn't appear with your physical keyboard, long press the arrow at the right if there is any or press the Eject key if you have one.
● Version 1.3 ●
- Supports 2nd generation Apple Pencil double-tap feature : you can easily switch between the pen and the eraser or display the color picker.
- Supports new iPad Pro 11 inch display.
- Pencil Lock : automatically disable finger input while writing with an Apple Pencil.
- MathML support : choose between LaTeX and MathML in the app's settings.
- Better support of WolframAlpha® with an option removing spaces.
- New installation tutorial.
Ratings and Reviews
Makes equation writing so much more accessible
I have been using Latex for a long time, but lately only sporadically. That means I have to look things up a lot to find the proper commands. This app makes writing equations so much easier. No more wasting time to find what to type in Latex to generate the proper result.
The app’s writing recognition is very good, but not infallible. However, since the app’s keyboard allows me to individually delete parts of the input and redraw them in a more readable manner, this is not a big issue in practice.
The part that was a real nice surprise was the app’s ability to recognize multi line equations. Most others I have tried turn that into a fraction of some sort.
The remote keyboard connection is a welcome addition. While I think I could manage with copy and paste between iPad and Mac, having the ability to draw equations in full screen mode on my iPad and have the results appear on the desktop makes it really easy to work with, especially since that’s where I usually need my equations.
A really great app that makes good use of the iPad combined with the pencil
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your amazing review ! I’m glad that MathKey helps you be more productive.
Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any suggestions.
Why do I need to use the remote keyboard on another computer? Couldn’t I access the information from the browser on my IPad? I was looking for an app that will allow me to write LaTex or MathML on my IPad without the need of using another device. So, in this sense, it defeats the purpose for which I purchased the app in the first place.
Is there a way to use the functions without having to connect to the remote keyboard?
Developer Response ,
Actually Remote Keyboard isn’t the main feature of MathKey.
The main feature is the keyboard itself. As shown on the screenshots, you can write equations anywhere you can write text.
To enable the keyboard, open the app, tap Guide and follow the instructions.
If you need more help, please email me at email@example.com
If your issue has been solved, please update your review.
Thank you for using MathKey.
It’s able to convert my rather terrible handwriting to Latex, can’t complain.
- Nicolas Dalbard
- 55.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Nicolas Dalbard
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.