● Write the math expression with your finger or Apple Pencil.
● MathKey will convert your handwriting to :
- LaTeX/MathML expression for Pages, Numbers, Word and any LaTeX/MathML compatible app.
- image for any other app that is compatible with images.
● Remote Keyboard : connect MathKey to your computer via our website and paste generated content right on your computer !
● Pick any color for both LaTeX, MathML and image output. You can save up to 20 colors.
● When converting to an image, paste it from the pasteboard or, on an iPad, drag-and-drop it.
● MathKey is powered by MyScript © Interactive Ink state-of-the-art technology.
● Dark & Light themes.
- An Internet connectivity is mandatory.
- Quotas may be imposed in case of abusive use.
- Although MyScript © Interactive Ink technology is very reliable, results are not guaranteed.
- Apple Pencil works only with compatible iPad.
- MathKey is a keyboard.
This update fixes the use of MathKey with a Smart Keyboard or Bluetooth keyboard. If MathKey doesn't appear with your physical keyboard, long press the arrow at the right if there is any or press the Eject key if you have one.
● Version 1.3 ●
- Supports 2nd generation Apple Pencil double-tap feature : you can easily switch between the pen and the eraser or display the color picker.
- Supports new iPad Pro 11 inch display.
- Pencil Lock : automatically disable finger input while writing with an Apple Pencil.
- MathML support : choose between LaTeX and MathML in the app's settings.
- Better support of WolframAlpha® with an option removing spaces.
- New installation tutorial.
Ratings and Reviews
Wolframalpha can’t understand
I though it could be a perfect companion with Wolframalpha, but both the Latex and MathML interpretation are not compatible with it.
Please improve this.
Developer Response ,
Have you tried to enable the option « Remove spaces » ? WolframAlpha LaTeX interpretation is very strict and removing spaces seems to improve compatibility.
If you’re issue is persisting, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with some examples of equations that can’t be interpreted by WolframAlpha.
This app works great! It can save me so much time, why type when you can do this?!
I just hope they add the ability to view and save the code on the iPad so I can just paste into LaTeX later.
It’s able to convert my rather terrible handwriting to Latex, can’t complain.
- Nicolas Dalbard
- 55.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Nicolas Dalbard
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.