Nums will select a random number. Listen to this number and enter it on the numeric keyboard! For beginners the number is also shown on the display, but after a few training sessions you will be able to understand it only by listening. You can select between 8 different ranges of numbers starting with 0 - 9 up to 9999 and 7 voice speeds.
With just a few minutes of practice each day you will improve your understanding of foreign numbers and your travelling and bargaining skills.
- Learn numbers in 25 languages – English, Chinese, Spanish, German, Italian, Thai, Russian, Dutch, French, Arabic, Finnish, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Turkish, Swedish, Japanese, Danish, Norwegian, Korean, Czech
- Constant repetitions let you learn quickly
- Improve your skills in 3 learning levels
- Practice in 8 different number ranges and 7 voice speeds
- Word highlighting: The names of the numbers are highlighted as they are spoken
- Long-press on hidden numbers to display them
- Dark Mode - Switch between two designs
- Taptic Engine support on iPhone 7 or newer
- No advertising, no tracking, no subscription
Nums does not access any personal data. Doesn't track you. It's ad-free.
For Support and Feedback:
- Minor bugfixes
- Some changes on the App Store product page
If you like Nums, I would be very happy if you leave a review on the App Store. Thank you in advance!
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect for learning numbers in another language
I love this app because it’s exactly what I was looking for, something that would verbally read me numbers to input.. it’s as close as you can get to standing at the grocery checkout in another country while a cashier quickly rattles off your total, except now instead of staring blankly you’ll be prepared. The ability to vary the speed and the number range are the features that I didn’t know I wanted but definitely needed, and make it so good.
My only complaint would be that it would be great to have some actual speaking voices. I’ve been doing French, and it’s just that automated robot voice which can get a little grinding after a few minutes, and is less realistic to real world situations.
For possible additional features, it would be great if there were a money or “store” option where it would read you the numbers along with the currency of where the language is used, the way a store checkout person would tell you a total, (Ie “Ten dollars and fifty two cents”).
It would also be really cool if it kept track of how long it took you to enter the correct number and gave you a running score in each language you were doing.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review, I really appreciate that! I'm always looking forward to new ideas and suggestions to improve the app, so thank you for your feedback.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.