*Air Navigation Pro requires a subscription. Visit our website for more information.
Air Navigation Pro is a high quality flight planning and real time GPS navigation application for VFR pilots. With Air Navigation Pro you plan your routes within a few seconds, track your flights and you have access to a database of worldwide airspaces and waypoints. Prepare your flight better than ever with Air Navigation Pro!
Go to the add-ons section of our website http://services.xample.ch/ too see the complete list of free and commercial maps and other available products. Register to get database updates and download add-on maps and data from within the application.
The following Add-ons can be obtained for the app:
- Interactive waypoints (more than 180000) and airspaces (more than 100 countries)
- Free maps (open source or from the public domain)
- Aeronautical charts (ICAO, Sectionals, etc.)
- Approach charts (check list of countries available)
- Elevation data
- 3D Data for synthetic vision and terrain awareness feature
- Notams (requires a subscription)
- ATC Flight Plans
- Free METARSs & TAFs
- Interactive Moving Map with Airspaces and Waypoints
- Use official or in-official charts as background map
- Display approach charts over the background map
- Plan your routes on the moving map: Multilegs route editor with wind correction, speed, distance, headings and fuel computation.
- Map widgets (position in 2,5,10 minutes, bearing, extended runway, notams, etc)
- Elevation profile with terrain and airspaces in front of plane (free elevation data required)
- Terrain Awareness in 2D and 3D (3D data required)
- 3D synthetic vision with realistic view of the terrain. Support for internal gyros or external AHRS boxes. Displays speed, altitude, attitude, course. Support for external modules with static and dynamic pressure sensors.
- Live flight tracking, requires data connection and a free account on our website
- Direct to Function
- Weight and Balance computer
- Logbook, automatically record block and flight time.
- Instruments, HSI,VOR, ADF, Compas, Altimeter, groundspeed
- Custom waypoint editor
- Support for external modules such as: Levil, Flytec, Flynet2, etc
- Support for connecting to X-Plane and Flight Simulator X (free plugin available on our website)
- Synchronize routes from Air Navigation for OS X
- And much more…
Find all available features on our website: airnavigation.aero
An iPhone or iPad with a GPS is required to use realtime navigation modules. Internal GPS is disabled when the device's "Airplane mode" is active. Works with external GPS kit for iPad.
Check out our Online User Manual at http://manual.airnavigation.aero if you have any questions about how to use the application.
Satisfied with Air Navigation? Let us know by leaving us a rating and a review in the app store! This would mean a lot to us, thank you so much for your support.
Connect with us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/AirNavigationApp and Twitter: www.twitter.com/AirNavPro and stay up to date about any new updates, bugs or other news regarding Air Navigation.
* Please note that this software is not intended to replace a certified navigation device. You should always use official aeronautical documentation when preparing and performing a flight. You should always use certified navigation devices when performing a flight.
This app offers optional yearly auto-renewable subscription.
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period'
Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
Submit ATC flight plans at discounted price directly from Air Navigation Pro. Or choose a Premium plan and have an operator review and correct it in 5 minutes.
Ratings and Reviews
Region discrimination like most apps anyway
This app is amazing if you live in a first world|well developed country. I used it through out my training in south Africa and for that I give it 5 starts however when I moved back to Kenya map options are limited and the only available ONC chart is from the 1970s hence lacks a lot of current information. Developers should consider adding more maps for such said countries
Used to be a great app. Low cost. Nice features. But the user interface, especially as it applies to getting charts, obstacle data, etc., is beyond confusing. Maybe the translation is suffering, but it’s almost incomprehensible. I’ve been a user for many years, but no longer. Also, the user manual is many versions old. Almost useless. Too bad. It used to be a good app.
Useless without subscribing
Useless without $30-$45 subscription. “Free to try” means 2-week trial = no subscription = no utility.
I think you can find the same features free from other sources. This is a nice package/presentation but seems weak for the price.
- Xample Sarl
- 372 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2008-2018 Xample
- In-App Purchases
- Aeronautical database $18.49
- USA Sectional charts 2011-2012 $3.99
- Standard $57.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.