KakaoMap will show you the fastest routes in Korea!
With KakaoMap, you can find everything you want in a map app,
from directions to hot restaurants and local attractions, and more!
► You need to find the fastest route?
[Fastest and most accurate map]
You will get the latest information updated within 24 hours for cars, public transportation, walking and bicycle.
[Navigation system included]
No need to install a separate navigation app. When you search for a route, KakaoMap will give you navigation directions right away.
[Comprehensive search within one search window]
You can find all information you need using one search window including a bus number, a bus stop, a specific place, etc.
► When you need local information
[Recommendation just for you]
KakaoMap will provide useful information based on your current location including hot restaurants, keywords, spots, events, etc.
[Search areas on the map]
You can see search results right away by using the "Re-search this area" feature on the map.
[Places suggested by data]
KakaoMap analyzes big data on visitors and provides information on a specific place by age, gender and day of the week.
► Need more systematic maps?
[Favorites organized by folders]
You can manage Favorites by folder and indicate them on the map. Folders can also be followed and shared.
After searching for a route, you can see the place you plan to visit in advance using the Roa View feature.
[Realistic 3D Map]
We provide a more realistic vector-based map which can be rorated or tilted 360 degrees. It looks very real!
[Real 3D Sky View]
When you want to search a three-dimentional map, you can use 3D Sky View.
► Other convenient features
- Favorite places shown on the map
- Real-time bus information to help you reduce wait time
- Real-time traffic information to help you find fastest routes
- Convenient and accurate subway map
KakaoMap loves to hear your suggestions.
► Questions & Feedback
- Kakao Customer Service Homepage
- Customer Service: 1577-3321
- Developer: 1577-3754
* You can still use the service even if you don't give the above permissions.
1. Arrival and departure alarms for bus routes.
- Departure alarms go off when a bus approaches your departure bus stop
- Arrival alarms go off one stop or station before your destination.
- A voice notification is provided when earphones are connected to your device.
- The floating button is available for users to access the pre-set alarms directly.
- When you click the estimated arrival time, it will be changed to Time Left. You can choose one of the two options that is more convenient to you.
- The Route Search screen will show you detailed information such as how far along you are, where you are now and how much longer you have to go.
- A floating button can be moved up-down and left-right. Move it to the desired location.
- Departure and arrival alarms are not provided when the route has been shut down or if you set the future route for more than one hour.
2. First train or bus schedule provided in the route search result
- If your route includes a station or stop where the service has ended for the day, the search result will be based on the first train/bus schedule.
- A "!" mark is shown for route where the service info is not available. (e.g. intervals)
3. You can turn off the real-time route search in the departure time settting popup.
4. A quick access to remove closed businesses from Favorites.
Ratings and Reviews
I had no issues utilizing this app in Korea. I was able to navigate my way in Seoul and Busan by using this app. Being able to read and type Korean is a plus, as all of the navigation is in Korean. My friends, however, were also able to use this app without knowing the language by tracking their locations and using the maps provided. Overall, great app for traveling through Korea!
English is just a plus. Even without the English options, it’s by far the best Navi to use. Most accurate ETAs and great at reconciling routes. Only reason it gets 4 instead of 5 is that there have been a few times the app has crashed one me. Normally I wouldn’t care, but while driving and using Navi...that can be pretty serious.
Pretty good if you can read some Korean
Pretty good app to use to get around Seoul. It has taxi, bus and subway routes that are pretty accurate and includes estimated costs. I think a person who can’t read Korean will have a slightly more difficult time using the app as the details are 70% in Korean.
- Daum Kakao Corp.
- 217.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Korean
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Kakao Corp.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.