Logos: Bible study and reading
By Faithlife Corporation
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Read the Bible and make use of commentaries and reading plans. You can save any book or Bible for offline use. Get up to 95 free resources when you download the app and sign in, and do better Bible study with exclusive Logos Bible study tools.
Read your favorite Bible translations: we have a variety of options including the NIV, ESV, NASB, NKJV, and many more.
• TABBED BROWSING - Open as many resources as you want side by side.
• REFERENCE SCANNER - Take a picture of a church bulletin or handout using Reference Scanner and the app will open all the verse references.
• LIBRARY - Downloading this app gives you access to 36 free resources to kick off your Bible study.
• NOTES - Attach your thoughts, comments, and questions to any verse or book.
• HIGHLIGHTING - Mark the words that matter with fully customizable color and text options and return to them at any time.
• BIBLE WORD STUDY - Learn more about any word by examining dictionaries, lexicons, and cross-references.
• PASSAGE GUIDE - Get a detailed, verse-specific report including commentaries, cross-references, literary typing, and media resources.
• TEXT COMPARISON - Compare any verse across up to five translations with visual and percentage indicators of difference.
• SPLIT SCREEN - Delve into any secondary resource side by side with your preferred translation.
• SEARCH - Find every mention of a word or phrase in every resource in your library.
• SOCIAL SHARING - Share Bible verse images with Facebook, Twitter, Evernote, and Email.
• AUDIO BOOKS - Listen to the Word wherever you are.
What's New in Version 6.0.5
Last week, we launched our biggest update ever. With new features like tabbed browsing, Reference Scanner, and the Bible button; in-depth Bible study has never been easier.
We've been hard at work squashing bugs, listening to your feedback, and reading through your reviews. This update includes some bug fixes and, most importantly, includes a fix for Word Lookup, which now works again.
If you love the new update, or have some suggestions, please leave us a review. It really helps!
- Word Lookup should now work with non-Bible text
- Various bug fixes and improvements
Lots of Tabs - Poor Instructions on Usage
I have used Logos "Diamond" level desktop version 7 for the past eight years and have no complaints about its resources or functionality.
However, I cannot say the same for this “new” iPad tab version app and its functionality. Compared to the previous version, which I have used during the last two years, Faithlife has failed to forewarn users of such sudden changes in its software, nor has it provided adequate information or instruction for previous version users to migrate to this new design. How unfortunate and yes, I did review those “Speedy Gonzales videos. What a waste of programming time with absolutely no real instructional substance. I was blindsided from one day to the next when I opened the app and found you I am now ignorant on how to get from one aspect of the program to another.
You got it! I am not happy with Faithlife’s sudden approach in forcing current users to learn a new way of navigating its app software, without adequate warning. At the very least, Faithlife could have given current users the option of remaining with the old navigation menus that are engrained in one’s mind and then allow users to switch once better “tab” menu instructions are available.
David Zachary, MTS
Good app but font is horrible
It's a shame you cannot change the font, just size. Why can't we have the option of changing the text to display in a font for the user to choose. The default (and only) one is ugly. I would prefer a more classical, more pronounced serif one. Those are better for reading long texts. Some people like sans serif, though. People with dyslexia can really benefit from the Open Dyslexia font. Some people like monospace. Give us options. Olive Tree does a really good job at this, why can't you give us font options?
Also, I have over two thousand resources. We should be able to favorite the resources we use the most in a separate section so that we can readily access them at any time. And please categorize the resources we own into bibles, devotionals, magazines, etc. like you do in the Logos store (check how Olive Tree does it). You already do that for the daily readings section with devotionals. Just apply it to all resources.
Request for change
I am enjoying the new design. I’ve used the feature to show my favorite bible. It is nice not to have to look for the Bible but that I just have to click the button.
I like being able to keep as many books / resources open as I want.
My request for change: can you add a way to “lock” the resource into full screen mode? I want to keep the menus off the screen while I scroll up or down. Right now the menus show up and cover the viewing area.
When I am reading in low light mode, I’m distracted by the sudden change of color on the screen when the menus appear. Could the menus also change color to match the low light color scheme?
For example, I’ll be reading in while in bed. My background will be dark and when I accidentally bump my screen down or scroll a bit toward earlier in the book, the stark contrast of the white menu on the black reading background causes me to glance away from the text I’m reading.
I’ve been trying to get used to it for three weeks and I’m not sure if I’ll be able to adjust to this. I’ve been able to adjust to the other changes and I’m enjoying it. But after three weeks of trying out the app, I decided to request the change.
Thanks for listening.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Dec 20, 2017
- Version: 6.0.5
- Size: 216 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Faithlife Corporation
- © 2018 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- ESV Hear the Word Audio BibleFree
- Faithlife Study BibleFree
- New International Version (NIV)$9.99
- English Standard Version (ESV)$9.99
- New American Standard Bible, 1995 Update (NASB)$9.99
- The Message$9.99
- New King James Version Bible (NKJV)$9.99
- The New Living Translation (NLT)$9.99
- New Revised Standard Version Bible (NRSV)$9.99
- The Amplified Bible (AMP)$9.99