Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Meetup brings people together in thousands of cities to do more of what they want to do in life. It is organized around one simple idea: when we get together and do the things that matter to us, we’re at our best. And that’s what Meetup does. It brings people together to do, explore, teach and learn.
For example, people run marathons, thanks to running Meetups. They write, thanks to writing Meetups. They change their careers, thanks to career Meetups. Because at Meetups, people welcome each other. They talk, help, mentor, and support each other – all in pursuit of achieving their life goals.
Featured by Apple in “Best New Apps” and “Great Free Apps”
Some popular Meetups include:
Tech Meetup groups
Moms Meetup groups
Dads Meetup groups
Fitness Meetup groups
Hiking Meetup groups
Career and Networking Meetup groups
Support Meetup groups
Book Club Meetup groups
Photography Meetup groups
New in Town Meetup groups
Social Meetup groups
Dog Meetup groups
Language Meetup groups
and 1,000s more
Want to start a new Meetup and become an organizer?
Anyone who wishes to organize a Meetup may subscribe through the app. An organizer subscription entitles you to create up to three Meetups with an unlimited number of members and co-organizers. Meetup offers 1-month and 6-month subscription plans based on the location of your Meetup.
Prices for Meetups created in the U.S., U.K., Canada, and Australia:
Unlimited 1-month: $14.99
All other countries:
Unlimited 1-month: $9.99
Unlimited 6-month: $29.99
Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of each billing period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Questions? Suggestions? Shoot us an email at email@example.com
In order to recommend Meetups that are close to you and to show you your distance from a scheduled Meetup, we use your device’s precise location (GPS and network-based).
What's New in Version 6.3
- Organizers, you can now save and edit your most recent Meetup draft across iOS and Web
- Minor bug fixes and enhancements
Other recent updates:
- Now you can access all of the Meetups you’re going to from the main navigation
- Organizers, you can copy your Meetups for easier scheduling now
- Introducing Polish, Thai, and Turkish language support
As always, we love hearing your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terrible User Interface
I've been a member of Meeting for over 12 years. I love the groups I belong to. Unfortunately Meetup has never been able to create a decent mobile app for a smartphone. They need to higher a competent UI designer as the current and previous versions is poorly implemented.
The most flagrant problem is the inefficient use if space and photographs of people. They insist on making photo icons the size of a large pea rendering them nearly useless to identify someone. I have an iPhone 6sPlus and I can barely see them. They could easily double or triple the size. This is a application about "people" and humans are extremely visual, yet they miss the obvious need for better image size and placement. Typical cookie cutter design by engineers with graphics training. Terrible. Also, it is typical for people to scan the profiles of the people attending the Meetup. Incredibly, the "wizard" programmers or their obtuse managers can't see the need to make an easy way to swipe or navigate to the next profile. You have to back navigate to the list and select the next profile. Very stupid and incredibly obvious. It's clear they do not listen or care about what their users think.
Good for meeting people
The meetups are always fun and exciting. The initial response when you arrive is that you find out that most people are new and don't know each other so it's ok to look like a lost deer. I laugh so much at the events because there are always a ton of stories and jokes. The app itself is easy to use and find a date and time and you just show up. If you want to message each other it is a nice platform for that too.
Update 6 Still bad...
***Reviewers! Please rate the app, not the service. We know the service is great. These reviews are for the app, and the app is terrible. Reasons...
Despite innumerable pleas,
1. We still cannot copy posted text. This is pathetically basic functionality.
2. Discussion threads are still not accessible through the app, despite being accessible on the web.
3. Still not enough of people's posts are shown, requiring constantly pressing "read more".
4. Meetup ratings are still not available in the app (but are on the site).
5. Searching for or changing interests still doesn't seem to be possible on the app.
6. There are so many things available on the website but not on the app... I'm just too old and tired of being disregarded to list any more.
The meetup developers refuse to fix any of the big problems people are having. They are simply not listening to criticisms and are moving forward with their blinders on and ears plugged.
Meetup, please actually do work to make a terrible app better.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Apr 10, 2017
- Version: 6.3
- Size: 87.5 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai, Turkish
- Seller: Meetup Inc.
- Copyright © 2017 Meetup
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 1-Month Unlimited Subscription$9.99
- 1-Month Unlimited Subscription$14.99
- Unlimited Subscription$19.99
- Unlimited Subscription$89.99
- 1-Month Unlimited Subscription$9.99
- 6-Month Unlimited Subscription$29.99