Countries Visited • World Travel Log
By Lee Design Services
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Have you traveled to any countries around the world recently? Would you like an easy way to keep track of your country visits over the past and future years? This app keeps track of the countries that you and other family members and friends have visited, and also allows input of optional details that should be useful to you in the future. Includes the following features:
• Universal app with native iPad support!
• Select any of the 400+ countries, island territories, separated lands, and other entities.
• Allows unlimited number of travelers’ names.
• Enter a country/entity visit for yourself and other people at the same time.
• Keeps track of the countries/entities each person has traveled to.
• Counts countries, and now also island territories, separated lands and other entities separately.
• Automatically shows the current year and you can choose past years.
• Includes optional month selector, or just leave it blank if you don’t remember.
• Duration is per number of the days, weeks, months or years. You can keep track of where you lived in the past, instead of just vacations.
• Allows you to input text notes about your visit, such as the region, city, town, village, district, neighborhood, or anything else.
• Allows you to edit any past visit’s details.
• Sort your countries/entities visited by alphabetical or year/month.
• Now with zoomable maps! Pinch to zoom in and out. Use Wi-Fi or cell connection to see standard, satellite and hybrid maps. (When network is unavailable, you should see the map from your last Wi-Fi or cell connection).
• Pins mark near the center of each country/entity that you have visited.
• Supports iCloud for iOS device backup and restore. Be sure to turn it on in the Settings app / iCloud / Documents & Data / On.
• Now includes export and import of your database file. Use this to backup and restore, and to copy your database onto another iOS device.
• A future update is planned to allow iCloud syncing of data between your multiple devices.
• The intent of this app is to keep track of Countries and also some common or large island territories, separated lands, and other entities per each person. If you want to keep track of cities, counties, districts, regions, etc., you can input more text detail into any visit.
• App Store reviews are welcome. But if you have any issues, please use the Contact Us in the app's "?" Info tab to send a message so that we can follow up and help solve it. Issues may be related to the type of device (iPhone/iPod Touch vs. iPad), iOS version, and app version.
What's New in Version 4.0
• Added export backup file! Email it to yourself to keep a database backup file. The button is at Visits / (select any name) / (select any visit) / Backup.
• Added import backup file! To restore from the database backup file, open the emailed backup file on your iOS device and import it. Caution: the import will replace your existing Travel Log database on your iOS device, not add to it.
• You should create a backup file occasionally, such as every few months, or before installing an app update or iOS system update, or if you want to copy all of your Travel Log data to another iOS device. You can still create a separate readable email of all your visits.
• This may be the final release that supports iOS 4.0. Future versions with iCloud syncing among devices might require minimum iOS 6.0
• If you missed the recent version 3.0 update, see this app's Version History in the App Store.
Need some improvements
The general idea is good, but need some improvements, example i visit usa, but difrerente cities, it only show the country, so give the ability to move the pin.
Also in notes put to incorporate pics, example i have a map of a city with info in a pic, and would like to have it there.
No way to distinguish a specific city visited
DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY - This app is VERY basic. There is no way to specify the exact days for a trip or even the city (other than typing it into the notes field, which is a useless data field). For a trip in the USA, for example, it just puts a pin in the center of all United States - if these two, very simple features are added, I will update this review and actually sure the app.
Could be more specific
I like a spotter map that will show everywhere I have been; a replacement for a physical world pin map. For instance, the app only allows the USA to be represented, not the states except Alaska and Hawaii. Or islands in Micronesia instead of the general area of! Maybe an idea would to be a drop pin feature.
Unfortunately the app is not representative of my world travels.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: May 01, 2013
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 3.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Lee Design Services
- Lee Design Services LLC ©2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.