Featured in the Wall Street Journal as one of "The Best Apps for Learning to Play Music" and as the Apple App of the Week, Songsterr gives you instant access to 500,000+ high quality guitar, bass and drum tabs & chords.
Songsterr Tabs & Chords is a subscription based app. Free version allows you to check out all the features using 15 second previews of songs. To get unlimited access to all the songs, sign up for a $4.99 USD per month subscription (pricing may vary in countries other than the U.S.).
If you are subscribed to paid plan on songsterr.com website, sign in from within the app to get the subscription free of charge.
Tabs & Chords
• Huge catalogue of 500,000+ accurate tabs & chords.
• High transcription quality. There is only one version of tab per song.
• Legality. Music creators get paid.
• Realistic Guitar Engine. Learn and play along with Songsterr.
• Multiple Instruments. Most songs have tabs for individual instruments (guitar, bass, drums, vocal, etc).
• Speed Control. Slow down tab playback to learn difficult parts down to 15%.
• Loop. Play back selected measures over and over again.
• Offline Mode. View and playback previously opened tabs offline. Cache size can be controlled via Settings app.
• Solo. Hear just the instrument you are learning.
• Count in. Gives you time to prepare for playing after tapping Play.
• Chromatic Tuner. Tune your guitar via mic or adaptors like iRig.
• Background Audio Support. Play along using e.g. iRig and Amplitube (make sure that "Background Audio" option is enabled in Amplitube)
• Instrument Filter. Filter out songs that don't have tab for your instrument.
• History. Instantly access tabs you viewed recently.
• Favorites. Quickly access your favorite tabs.
• Favorites Syncing. Sign in with your songsterr.com account to synchronize favorites with website.
• Universal. iPad and iPhone. One app, two platforms, one subscription.
Your Songsterr subscription will automatically renew each month and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
SUBSCRIBERS’ AUTOMATIC-RENEWAL FEATURE: Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged at the same price for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current monthly period unless you change your subscription preferences in your account settings. You can manage your subscriptions through your Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Please go to http://www.songsterr.com/a/wa/privacy and http://www.songsterr.com/a/wa/terms for more information.
Under the hood fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s cool but
I like the side scroll but I wish I could also look at it like a normal piece of sheet music like on the website as well, the audio almost never works on the website, it’ll sometimes work once but then I’m forced to reload it if I wanna hear it again, and count in, solo, and loop don’t work at all on the website even though I pay a subscription. The app itself works great, never had issues but the guitar hero style is kinda hard if your trying to play a song for the first time, I like that more after I’ve played a couple times and I’m still working on rhythm and memorizing it. Also for solo mode, it’s cool but I wish you could also make it so you can hear all instruments except for the part I wanna play, that way I can have the drums, bass, vocals and maybe rhythm guitar going while I play lead guitar over it
Useless unless you pay $60 a year
Edit Update - i looked at it again because I would like to have it. It should be a one time fee if you want me to buy it instead of charging so much ongoing. Decide what you want to make and charge it once. I’ll be deleting it again in a minute because I don’t want to be having things come out of my bank account but a single time. I don’t want it for free. I just want to be charged once whatever you charge me. PLEASE GIVE US A ONE TIME LIFETIME FEE OPTION.
Does nothing at all until you pay $5 a month which is $60 a year in an ongoing monthly subscription. My teacher got it when it was a one time inexpensive payment, but now it's monthly ongoing rip off. A nag screen to subscribe pops up after the first few bars of the first song you attempt to play with it. I deleted it from my phone exactly 15 seconds after I was greeted with the subscription nag screen.
Thanks a lot for your feedback! Please note, that 30% of revenue goes to Apple and about half of the remaining part goes to the original music creators. And we also need to pay our bills and fund further development.
Best Option for Tabs, Hands Down.
I've been subscribing to Songsterr for years. They are the ONLY place I consistently find perfect transcriptions to any obscure song I can think of. For me this app is one of those examples of how our lives are better today than they were 10, 20 years ago.
Update: I've been using other apps to slow music down but the slow to 15% speed feature is here and practice just got simpler. Nice job.
- Guitar Tabs LLC
- 47.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Songsterr
- In-App Purchases
- Songsterr Subscription $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.