iCatcher! Podcast Player
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download, listen, watch and enjoy your favorite podcasts all from your device.
• Background Refresh
• Subscribe to your favorite podcasts in the app and manage them in the app
• Download episodes over WiFi or Cellular (on devices that have cellular).
• Download in the background
• Download multiple episodes at once (up to 3 on WiFi and 2 on cellular).
• Support for Password Protected feeds
• Sync subscriptions, episode playback positions and playlists between your devices with iCloud
• Universal App (iPhone/iPad)
• Full retina display support
• Search in all views to find that podcast or episode you are looking for
• Play audio in the background
• Custom playlists with filtering options by podcast, episodes and more.
• Support for continuous playback (toggle it on now playing screen just below time elapsed).
• All device orientations supported with configurable option in the settings
• You can unsubscribe to podcasts and still have them on your device. Use that for those less than stellar podcasts!
• Full VoiceOver support
• Variable playback speed 0.75x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x
• Playback speed remembered per podcast
• Support for podcasts with chapters and chapter images (MP3 and M4A)
• Use your headset controls including Bluetooth car controls (when paired) to play/pause, jump forward or back 30 seconds
• Sleep timer
• Beautifully rendered show notes
• Onscreen controls for jumping ahead 30 seconds, or jump back 30.
• Gesture Support on the now playing screen (when the podcast logo is showing) to aid in hands free use
• Double-tap to play/pause
• Swipe up to toggle playback speed
• Swipe left/right to rewind/fast-forward
• Home of the L gesture for the 2 minute Leo jump.
• See Settings and Gestures for more and for customizing rewind/fast-forward gestures
• Support for AirPlay, watch or listen to those podcasts on your big screen
• Support for external display of videos for devices that support an external display (get the Apple HDMI adapter)
• Watch or listen to your favorite podcasts with a familiar layout
• Customizable options like Auto-Play on connect to start playing the last playing podcast when you plug your headphones in (some restrictions, settings, playback, general).
FIND NEW PODCASTS QUICK
• Find your podcasts by title, keyword or by author
• Browse the top podcasts by category
• Manually add podcasts with a URL
• Support for Password Protected feeds
• Option to download a single episode
• Browse the web in the app to find podcasts to add. Browser will prompt if you tap a link that is podcast feed.
• Import Podcast subscriptions for episodes that are already in your device from iTunes
• Import your OPML file from iTunes or other iOS podcast app
• Import media by using iTunes File Sharing feature
• Add your existing audiobooks (non-password protected ones) using iTunes File Sharing feature
• Add previously downloaded podcasts from your computer using iTunes file sharing feature (see settings and import media for details).
• Completely customizable to meet your podcasts needs.
• Swipe across a podcast or episode to access additional options
• Podcast settings allow you to set the days the podcast typically comes out or the number of days between.
• Specify the number of episodes to download when new ones are available
• Share the podcast information via email with your friends
• Post to Twitter or Facebook from the now playing screen
Email: tap Help tab and tap Email Support
PLEASE NOTE: The app does NOT sync with iTunes. Like other podcast apps it is standalone app meant to subscribe and download on the device.
* If a feed doesn't work, then let me know so I can take a look at it
Requires iOS 9 or higher.
What's New in Version 2.9.2
▷Bug fix for the podcasts badge to only a badge count for unplayed downloaded/streaming.
▷Bug fix for crashes on iOS 8/9 devices for certain notifications
▷Added Import From in the import media to pull in an item from available sources.
See whats new under help to see other recent updates
**If you like iCatcher! and use it everyday, then please take a moment and share on the app store reviews.
Your reviews help others to know about iCatcher!**
Follow me on twitter @joeisanerd
Best I've used by FAR!!... still in 2017, fully updated & superior
This is the first podcast app I have used that truly gives me straight-forward, no-nonsense, reliable access to my podcast RSS feeds all in one app. It features adding podcasts manually and offers an RSS search feature by keyword/subject/author/title etc.; I've found quite a few new shows with that feature alone. The UX graphics/icons are all presented in an ideal way. I love the new automatic night mode with black interface. Excellent! Show info is fully displayed and not clipped short (common in other similar apps). Options abound and offer total customization beyond what I expected. Now I finally wake up every morning to a fresh, updated, downloaded cue of all my must have material. My favorite audio app ever, to date. Updates and new features are frequent. Stellar, Thanks! My #1 ranked app of all time in the App Store.
Bought Them ALL!
Ok I usually don't talk bad about other products on reviews BUT...
I went down the list and bought Podcruncher, Stitcher Pro and used the other free ones. The features are nothing compared to what is available in this app. You can make a playlist that checks for new episodes hourly and jumps to the top of the playlist for the next podcast based on priority. You set the priority and if it downloads/streams that podcast. **Search the Internet in the app for RSS podcasts.** UGHHHHH There are way more features but these are my favorite. No better podcast app.
Everything you want in a podcasting app is here. Reluctantly switched from Apple's proprietary podcasting services to this app, but glad I did. Good work.
Update: Years later and still using daily. Appreciate the updates. My go-to app for podcast listening. Easy to navigate. Easy to find podcasts. Easy to subscribe. Even cloud sync across multiple devices. Plenty of customization and options to make your experience no-hassle.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jan 28, 2017
- Version: 2.9.2
- Size: 18.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Joe Graf
- © Joe Graf
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.