The official Gmail app brings the best of Gmail to your iPhone or iPad with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search that works across all your mail.
With the Gmail app, you can:
• Undo Send, to prevent embarrassing mistakes
• Switch between multiple accounts
• Get notified of new mail fast, with notification center, badge and lock screen options
• Search your mail faster with instant results, predictions as you type & spelling suggestions
• Swipe to archive/delete, to quickly clear out your inbox
• Read your mail with threaded conversations
• Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
• Respond to Google Calendar invites right from the app
• Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
• Send and receive attachments
• See profile pictures as part of the conversation
This release brings enhancements that help you get more out of your inbox:
• You can now snooze messages even when conversation view is off
Ratings and Reviews
Missing basic functions
I swiped on an email heading and the email disappeared. It never told me what it was doing with the email. Did it delete it? Did it archive it? Did it forward it to my grandma? I had no idea. So I looked for the undo button. Oh, there ISN'T one. I shook the phone, which works in EVERY OTHER APP, it's a basic iPhone function. Nope. That didn't work either. I found the email still there under "All Mail" but there was no way to undo the archive and put it back into my primary folder, at least no way that was immediately intuitive. So that was super frustrating. Also, there is no "mark unread from here" in an email conversation. So if I mark something as unread, the entire email chain gets marked as unread. This is ridiculous. I sometimes have conversations with clients that have 50 emails back and forth. I don't want to have to go through them all again. Unfortunately, the built-in iPhone mail app does the same thing. But at least it has an undo function. I have gotten to where I rarely check email on my phone because there isn't yet a good app to deal with it. It used to be simple and it used to work. Now with all the folders and functions, replacing basic functionality, it just makes it a pain. Companies always try to fix things that aren't broken and just break them in the process. So this app is deleted. And I will go back to using the iPhone mail app to scan the previews and go to my Mac to actually reply.
I like the email notifications on my home screen, but it seems a bit arbitrary what emails it will alert me about. Most of the time I will get alerts if a certain person sends me an email, and sometimes I just don’t get an alert at all, and I end up missing their email for a few days because I expect I will get an alert like I always do when they me send me mail.
What really bites my cheese is that you can only look back about 100 emails or so when scrolling through your folders. So unless you religiously check all of your folders every day, it is very likely that you will find yourself in the situation while trying to catch up with mail that the stupid thing just won’t load any more emails for you.
In that case you have to use the web client on a computer to actually be able to access all of your mail. If you are forcing me to use a computer to read my mail, that defeats the purpose of having a mail reading app! I am on my feet and out and about all day, so I really need to be able to catch up on allll my mail from my mobile device. Since this app doesn’t allow me to do that, I have fallen woefully behind on my email, to the point where I can’t catch up, making email in general pretty useless for me. In other words, gmail has kind of killed email for me. :/ Please fix this!
Just looking at the reviews is enough!!
But why would anyone that has had ad much TROUBLE with you as I have even try a update??? Your contact oh wait feedback is a JOKE!!! All started with the email from YOU!!! Then you just cant seen to help do anything to fix it!!!!
Your latest update says INBOX is that a JOKE?????? What inbox I’ve used gmail for years and you WERE THE BEST!!!! Then came the day where you just changed EVERYTHING nothing works like it’s supposed to why is it that nobody got a say in this STUPID CHANGE??? Not only did you change it completely You also decide WHERE our emails go!!!! Just WOW acting like Facebook much????? Nothing I’ve seen to fix it you put IMPORTANT emails in promotions I SEVERAL times a day move them back to primary and you would think that they would start going there but. No so I use more and more data and my time and more moving them than I do going through them and doing whatever it is I need to do!!!! This started with the ADS and you send those 15 to 20 a day!!!! No unsubscribe have to click the stupid why this add and go from there and STILL get the same adds!!!!! I’ve all but took everything off to STOP this and NOTHING has changed!!!!! The links you provide that you say to use to stop the ads DO NOT WORK!!!!!!! Are you going to FIX THESE PROBLEMS or just sit there and think of ways to mess it up more like so many of the other sites so wish I could give zero stars
- Google LLC
- 195.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Google LLC
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.