Gmail - email by Google: secure, fast & organized
By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The official Gmail app brings the best of Gmail to your iPhone or iPad with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search that works across all your mail.
With the Gmail app, you can:
• Undo Send, to prevent embarrassing mistakes
• Switch between multiple accounts
• Get notified of new mail fast, with notification center, badge and lock screen options
• Search your mail faster with instant results, predictions as you type & spelling suggestions
• Swipe to archive/delete, to quickly clear out your inbox
• Read your mail with threaded conversations
• Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
• Respond to Google Calendar invites right from the app
• Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
• Send and receive attachments
• See profile pictures as part of the conversation
What's New in Version 5.0.170827
• You can now print messages using Google Cloud Print or AirPrint.
Down, your out!!
I loaded this app with my previous iPhone and was discussed with google was presenting to us as gmail!!! I already automatically get my gmail through my phones email settings. It works great except you need to make preferences on a computer. This app doesn't even allow you to group your emails into sub categories only conversations. I had given up on this program the first time I downloaded it because of how much of a pain it was. I was just prompted by my gmail to download this app for reasons that sounded good. Unfortunately when I went to the play store it showed that this app was already downloaded. If I left because I was disappointed and your updates all say the same things and don't address the problems, why would I waste my time and put it back on my phone??? My gmail that is through my phones settings for gmail is excellent. I have all the options I need!!! Why doesn't google partner with apple to get some pointers on how a good email program should behave and what it should offer!!! Terrible app!!! Don't waste your time!!!
Honestly, I think Google's little updates amount to little more than review fraud. They've continually hit the reset button on overwhelmingly 1 star reviews by "updating" the app, yet hardly any of the updates have addressed the complaints which are largely macro issues. As a whole, it's still bad, and the one star reviewers are simply giving up on having to resubmit their reviews after each update. And look at the 5 star reviews - largely substance-free generic praise. I doubt most of them. Don't believe the 3+ star average.
This app is a visual assault. It's hard to get past the nausea inducing aesthetics. Fewer emails to see at a glance, pointless avatars, ugh, the red! The check box was MUCH more intuitive than the initials/avatar circle that have replaced it. It's simply harder to read and process at a glance.
Why did you bury the reply button? Most often, what I want to reply to is at the top. I shouldn't have to scroll down to reply. In general things that were intuitive aren't. It's not my job to figure this stuff out. It's your job to design it so I don't have to.
This update is terrible all around. A mess. No amount of tweaks will save this update. Revert to the previous version. Really. It's that awful. And again, I don't believe the majority of the 5 star reviews.
Immediate Red Flag
Downloaded this because 4 out of my 5 email accounts are gmail, but then I took a closer look. According to the developers, the last three updates were for the exact same thing. No bug squashing mentioned. No user-notified issues. No additional bells or whistles. Just the same exact reason for all three updates. So, I'm curious: are there different reasons for each update, and you guys are too lazy to specify them for us? Or are the people who are responsible for uploading the updates to the App Store trying to perfect their Keystone Cops impression? Or are all of these updates merely to collect the personal information you wish to sell to your "partners"? I'll wait a few days to see if I get any kind of response before I delete the app, as a Google email agent should eventually be excellent.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 11, 2017
- Version: 5.0.170827
- Size: 201 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2017 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.