>> One of the most beautiful games for iPhone/iPad arrived on the Mac App Store ! <<
Samurai II sends Daisuke on a quest for revenge across the war-scorched countryside. From a seafaring village to a flying fortress to the legendary Isle of the Dead, the samurai will stop at nothing to hunt down his arch-enemy Orochi. Will he get his Vengeance?
- Tense, quick and gory battle sequences!
- Battle hordes of on-screen enemies wielding new weapons and sporting unique abilities.
- Stay nimble and plan your attacks – roll out of harm’s way and eliminate ranged enemies like the Samurai Archer before they can strike.
- Dynamic camera finds the best perspective for each encounter, adding variety while keeping focused on the action.
- RPG elements reward skilled players – upgrade the Samurai’s health, buy new attack combos and upgrade them to devastating levels.
- Between levels, gorgeous anime-style comic panels tell the samurai’s tale with original hand-drawn artwork.
- Survival mode pits the samurai against waves of enemies, giving hardcore players a score-attack mode to hone their skills. Two games in one!
- Runs at 60 frames per second !
- Advanced AI system on par with console games. Goal Oriented Action Planning architecture is used in many PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 games.
- Samurai II is developed on the Unity 3D 3.3 engine.
- Original soundtrack – in classic samurai movie style, soft music builds with the heat of battle.
Ratings and Reviews
Good Stress Reliever
This game is a little too simple in many ways, but that's one of the good things about it. I find myself going to it when I need to pass some time. There's not a learning curve at all, so it's easy to just get in and have fun. A few drawbacks are that it gets very repetitive, I feel like I'm wearing out my 'k' and 'l' keys, and the fan constantly runs while the game is running. I have a MacBook Air and figured it would be good for a plane ride, but because the fan constantly runs when the game is running, it tends to drain the battery fairly rapidly so I didn't play it. All in all, it's worth a few dollars, but it feels a bit dated by modern standards (again, I don't mind this, I find modern games a little to complicated to just dive into quickly). So yes, buy it if you're over 30 and need a time waster, or if you're a younger person that needs a simple game.
Very nicely done!
This game is a lot of fun. That and my Late '08 C2D 2.4GHz MacBook Pro can run it at 60fps with max resolution (1440x900) and graphics set to "fantastic" on the GeForce 9600M GT. Beware, the integrated 9400M will NOT run this game on max settings without lag. But they promised 60 frames per second, and that's exactly what I got. Money well-spent.
Also, this game does not feel like a lame direct iOS port with no optimization whatsoever. It feels like it was naturally designed for the Mac. And I love the generic gamepad support. I have a Game Elements GGE909 gamepad that has no drivers for the Mac and it plays perfectly with this game! :)
Bottom line: great game, great visuals, fun story line, great way to relax—nothing like slicing away at bad guys in slow-motion with combos. :D Keep up the good work!
I was waiting for this game to come out. This developer is one of the few offering their app's as universial on iPhone and iPad. (Thats all it takes for loyalty on my end) I liked the game there and could not wait for it on the Mac. However, I feel the game price needs to be reduced to $6.99. I'm a fan, so I bought it anyways.
In addition, besides COD4, this is the first App purchased that will not run on maxed out settings. (MBA 11" 1.6 4GB) I can run it on medium quailty setting at native resolution. This hopefully is just some optimization that is needed in order for it to run maxed out fluidly.
Keep up the good work Madfinger!
- MADFINGER Games, a.s.
- 43 MB
- OS X 10.6.6 or later
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- © MADFINGER Games, a.s.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.