Comprehensive and visually attractive photo metadata.
- Works for JPEG, RAW or HEIF/HEIC photos
- Basic metadata in an orderly panel
- Detailed metadata including Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax, Sony and Fujifilm makernotes
- Easy filtering on metadata tags like ISO, F number, camera model, lens, …
- Dropbox: Navigate easily through folders and see the metadata of JPEG & RAW photos.
- Displays a list of favorite metadata tags
- Luminance & RGB exposure histograms (can be combined by pinching them)
- Map with direction indication (for geotagged photos)
- Action extension to see all metadata from within the Photos app
- Print metadata (customizable layout)
- Email metadata
- Copy metadata
- VoiceOver/Accessibility support
- Calculates additional tags like depth of field, hyperfocal distance, field of view, ... whenever possible.
- Displays focus points if the photo contains the required info
iPad specific features:
- Scroll through large photo previews
- Full screen mode
- Pinch & zoom on the large photo previews
- Support for HEIF/HEIC format for photos taken on device (no support through Dropbox)
- Filter photos on file type (JPEG, HEIC or RAW)
- Bug fixes
If you like PhotoMeta, please take the time to give us a nice review. It really helps.
Ratings and Reviews
I got this app after I got tired of having to transfer photos from my iPhone to my Mac in order to look at the detailed metadata. The amount of information it shows is incredible!
I chose this app based on my experience with GeoTagr, another great app from the same developer which I use frequently (and highly recommend!).
The developer is a really great guy, who responds quickly to bug reports and future requests. He also follows up to let you know when a new version that fixes your bug has been released in the App Store.
Must have app for all serious photographers
Before I installed this app I had to transfer my photos onto my PC and then import it into Adobe Photoshop Lightroom to get the Exif data. Now, with this app I can instantly get the data I need. This app will also get the data from HEIF files. I found the app was very easy to use and very fast.
Working as advertised
Working as advertised.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.