By FiLMiC Inc
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
FiLMiC Pro v6 is the most advanced video camera for mobile. Ever. FiLMiC Pro has been enhanced with cutting-edge capabilities and the most responsive manual camera interface available on an iPhone, iPod or iPad.
A multi-time iOS Video Camera App of the Year, FiLMiC Pro has been used in more high profile video projects than any other video app.
Accolades to Date:
Best Video Camera App - Best App Ever Awards
Best Video Camera App - TUAW, Editors Pick
Best App Ever finalist - Tap! Magazine
Gizmodo Essential App
5 Stars, Editors Review, cnet.com
App of the Week: Time.com/Techland
Editors Choice - Wired, Film Riot, Macworld
v6 continues this tradition by providing filmmakers, newscasters, teachers, vloggers, artists and musicians with the capability to shoot in a true LOG gamma curve on the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus. LOG allows for greater tonal range and flexibility in post production setting the iPhone’s capabilities on par with camera equipment costing thousands more. †
v6 Banner Features:
•Dual arc slider controls for adjusting focus and exposure.
•Live analytics suite including Zebra Stripes, Clipping, False Color and Focus Peaking. (A8 processor devices and newer)
• Ramped zoom rocker control.
• Waveform monitor including in tri-mode histogram.
• White balance adjustment matrix with predefined and custom presets.
• Content Management System for project file naming.
• FiLMiC Sync integration to store preset data in the cloud and share between devices.
• Clip favoriting.
• Batch upload to supported share targets.
• Gamma curve controls for Natural, Dynamic, Flat and LOG. †
• Live shadow and highlight adjustments. †
• Live RGB, saturation and vibrance adjustments. †
• Temporal noise reduction up to 1080p resolution. †
(† Available with optional purchase for iPhone 7 and 7 Plus only)
• Standard, manual and hybrid shooting modes. A shooting style for any skill level.
• Apple Watch support for remote start/stop and live video preview.
• Portrait (vertical) and landscape shooting orientations.
• Variable speed zoom.
• Sync audio frame rates of 24, 25, 30, 48* 50* and 60* fps. (* iPhone 6 and 6s series only).
• High speed frame rates of 60,120,240 fps (hardware dependent).
• Slow and fast motion FX options.
• Configurable time lapse Recording.
• Tri-mode histogram, including waveform monitor. (A7 processor devices and newer)
• Adjust video settings after capture (Exposure, contrast, saturation, tint, color temperature).
• Downsampling to multiple size/resolutions.
• Customizable saved personal presets.
• Aspect ratio framing guide overlays.
• Thirds guide for dynamic composition.
• Image stabilization.
• Support for FiLMiC Remote. FiLMiC Remote allows you to control an iOS device running FiLMiC Pro with a second device running FiLMiC Remote.
Full manual controls with pull capabilities for:
Up to a dozen different resolutions and aspect ratios including:
• HD Widescreen (16:9)
• Cinerama (2.59:1)
• Super 35 (2.39:1)
• Letterbox (2.20:1)
• Digital Cinema Initiative (17:9)
• Standard Definition (4:3)
• Ultra Panavision (2.76:1)
• Square (1:1)
Share your video through any iOS share-capable apps like: Facebook, DropBox, Vimeo, SanDisk iXpand, FTP
4 Flexible encoding options to balance between quality and file size:
• FiLMiC Extreme (offers 50mbps encoding at 1080p)
• FiLMiC Quality
• Apple Standard
3rd Party Hardware Support:
• Moondog Labs Anamorphic Adapter (2.40:1)
• 35mm lens adapters
• DJI OSMO Mobile handheld motorized gimbal. Manually control focus/exposure/reticles/record from your DJI OSMO Mobile.
• COVR lens accessory
Advanced Audio Features:
• Multiple audio formats - AAC, AIFF or PCM
• Auto-sensing audio sampling
• Auto-sensing headphone monitoring
• Dynamic audio meter
• Adjustable audio gain
• Stereo recording support
• Support for external microphone levels
• Variable microphone positions
***Not all features available on older devices.
What's New in Version 6.3.1
Fixes and performance improvements.
- Fix for stabilization on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus when used with resolutions above 1080p.
Contact us with any questions: email@example.com
Very please with this update. (Read on)
Great update. I had a problem with the previous version saving to the camera roll. Their support team told me a terrific workaround and that a fix would be out quickly. I think it took like two days and the permanent fix is here. Bravo.
I use this app every day for business and personal use. Negative reviews are clearly just people who “don’t get it”. This is a professional app for professionals and that means the company’s education (they have An amazing tutorial series), new features through updates and support is TOP notch 🏆 ! If anyone leaves a poor review of this app and has not mentioned that they reached out for help...disregard and move on. I’ve written in maybe 8 times with questions/suggestions etc and always get a thorough response in hours.
As far as I’m concerned the best keeps getting better..
FiLMiC Pro on iPhone X
When you purchase and invest into a $1200 “Phone” it’s more a tool for essentially everything, you need the best apps to go with it. I’m a graphic designer and I also do photo and video (Canon T6i). FiLMiC Pro has changed the way I see things, shoot things and tinker with settings to get the perfect shot. Whether you’re a beginner or a dslr pro, this app is going to be an essential in your photography / videography app array. Sit down and do some research on camera settings, if you want to take some quality shots, this app needs to be on your phone and with knowledge and understanding of some complex options within the app, you’ll be off to a better iCloud album or portfolio.
Incredible Video Quality If You Learn...
I’m not a videographer, but I appreciate hi-res video and understand the tech behind compression algorithms and bitrate. I think the stock iOS app does an amazing job producing video (especially with iOS 11 & iPhone 8+).
That said....Filmic offers the ability to shoot stunning quality video. I use it a lot for 1080p 240fps recording of my golf swing for analyzing with my swing coach. It’s just amazing how much more detail there is using the Extreme bitrate.
Most of all, the user manual and website offer a TON of information and knowledge. I had to learn to use it, which took effort on my part. It’s not a “point and shoot” app...iOS provides an excellent camera app for that.
If you want to take the best video possible, and you either understand how to use pro style cameras, or are willing to learn....well, this is a bargain and the best available on any platform.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Oct 18, 2017
- Version: 6.3.1
- Size: 81.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: FiLMiC Inc
- © 2017 FiLMiC Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Cinematographer Kit$9.99