By FiLMiC Inc
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
FiLMiC Pro v6 is the most advanced video camera for mobile. Ever. FiLMiC Pro has been enhanced with cutting-edge capabilities and the most responsive manual camera interface available on an iPhone, iPod or iPad.
A multi-time iOS Video Camera App of the Year, FiLMiC Pro has been used in more high profile video projects than any other video app.
Accolades to Date:
Best Video Camera App - Best App Ever Awards
Best Video Camera App - TUAW, Editors Pick
Best App Ever finalist - Tap! Magazine
Gizmodo Essential App
5 Stars, Editors Review, cnet.com
App of the Week: Time.com/Techland
Editors Choice - Wired, Film Riot, Macworld
v6 continues this tradition by providing filmmakers, newscasters, teachers, vloggers, artists and musicians with the capability to shoot in a true LOG gamma curve. LOG allows for greater tonal range and flexibility in post production setting the iPhone’s capabilities on par with camera equipment costing thousands more. †
v6 Banner Features:
•Dual arc slider controls for adjusting focus and exposure.
•Live analytics suite including Zebra Stripes, Clipping, False Color and Focus Peaking. (A8 processor devices and newer)
• Ramped zoom rocker control.
• Waveform monitor including in tri-mode histogram.
• White balance adjustment matrix with predefined and custom presets.
• Content Management System for project file naming.
• FiLMiC Sync integration to store preset data in the cloud and share between devices.
• Clip favoriting.
• Batch upload to supported share targets.
• Gamma curve controls for Natural, Dynamic, Flat and LOG. †
• Live shadow and highlight adjustments. †
• Live RGB, saturation and vibrance adjustments. †
• Temporal noise reduction up to 1080p resolution. †
(† Available with optional purchase for iPhone SE, 6s/6s+, 7/7+, 8/8+, X and iPad Pro 9.7 and 10.5 only)
• Standard, manual and hybrid shooting modes. A shooting style for any skill level.
• Apple Watch support for remote start/stop and live video preview.
• Portrait (vertical) and landscape shooting orientations.
• Variable speed zoom.
• Sync audio frame rates of 24, 25, 30, 48* 50* and 60* fps. (* iPhone 6 and 6s series only).
• High speed frame rates of 60,120,240 fps (hardware dependent).
• Slow and fast motion FX options.
• Configurable time lapse Recording.
• Tri-mode histogram, including waveform monitor. (A7 processor devices and newer)
• Adjust video settings after capture (Exposure, contrast, saturation, tint, color temperature).
• Downsampling to multiple size/resolutions.
• Customizable saved personal presets.
• Aspect ratio framing guide overlays.
• Thirds guide for dynamic composition.
• Image stabilization.
• Support for FiLMiC Remote. FiLMiC Remote allows you to control an iOS device running FiLMiC Pro with a second device running FiLMiC Remote.
Full manual controls with pull capabilities for:
Up to a dozen different resolutions and aspect ratios including:
• HD Widescreen (16:9)
• Cinerama (2.59:1)
• Super 35 (2.39:1)
• Letterbox (2.20:1)
• Digital Cinema Initiative (17:9)
• Standard Definition (4:3)
• Ultra Panavision (2.76:1)
• Square (1:1)
Share your video through any iOS share-capable apps like: Facebook, DropBox, Vimeo, SanDisk iXpand, FTP
4 Flexible encoding options to balance between quality and file size:
• FiLMiC Extreme (offers 50mbps encoding at 1080p)
• FiLMiC Quality
• Apple Standard
3rd Party Hardware Support:
• Moondog Labs Anamorphic Adapter (2.40:1)
• 35mm lens adapters
• DJI OSMO Mobile handheld motorized gimbal. Manually control focus/exposure/reticles/record from your DJI OSMO Mobile.
Advanced Audio Features:
• Multiple audio formats - AAC, AIFF or PCM
• Auto-sensing audio sampling
• Auto-sensing headphone monitoring
• Dynamic audio meter
• Adjustable audio gain
• Stereo recording support
• Support for external microphone levels
• Variable microphone positions
***Not all features available on older devices.
What's New in Version 6.3.3
v6.3.3 is a maintenance release which includes the following:
- Resolved: Stabilization issue at resolutions above 1080p on iPhone 8/8+ and X.
- Resolved: Audio issue that would create an audible 'click' at app launch.
- Resolved: Front-facing camera perspective issue.
- Resolved: Issue for iPad customers who were unable to restore their Cinematographer Kit purchase.
- Miscellaneous fixes and performance improvements.
Please contact us with any questions or suggestions: email@example.com
Crashes and Not Saving
iPhone X filming at 4K 24fps. Continually crashes when trying to view my files. Some of the videos had “processing” on top of them. I figured I’m on vacation and taking lots of video so it was having trouble showing me the video while it was saving video. Today, 6 days into my trip, I tried to upload to iTunes and over half the files cannot be played on my computer and are not even showing up in the app. Worst of all I set the app to save directly to camera roll of my iPhone, but that was reset during one of the crashes. The app works well when filming but if it doesn’t save anything it’s absolutely useless.
I never leave reviews but this is ridiculous. I’m devastated losing half of the memories from this vacation. I have contacted customer support with no response yet. I will update the review when I get a response.
Update: after watching some of the videos that I was able to upload to my computer, I found a bunch of them didn’t record sound. Don’t do what I did. Pay attention to all of the one star reviews and avoid this app at all costs. Ruined the last three days of my trip knowing all of those memories I thought I captured are gone.
Feature Packed.. Powerful.. Professional..
Who could have ever thought that when the very first iPhone was introduced, that many years later we would be using the very same smart devices to record professional grade videos and capturing photos like that of DSLR’s?
Fast forward to our day and age and it’s come to be expected from these gadget developers like Apple and Samsung. Well since we got the gear, might as well have the tools to match, right? In comes the one and only Filmic Pro. Though it does take some getting use to, the out put video is amazing. With a host of features and online videos and reading material, your sure to be filming, well, like a Pro. LOL.. CHECK IT OUT!
Fantastic App. One thing for iPhone X
I’ve used FilmicPro on all my phones. As usual it’s performance is great with the A11 Bionic chip. Remember to turn OFF Hearing Aid Compatibility under Accessibility settings. Sometimes the app won’t startup. Change that setting and you’re all set to shoot on your iPhone X!
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Nov 29, 2017
- Version: 6.3.3
- Size: 89.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: FiLMiC Inc
- © 2017 FiLMiC Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Cinematographer Kit$9.99