Strong Workout Tracker: Gym Log, Exercise Journal
By Strong Fitness Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Throw out your notebook, Strong is the simplest and most intuitive workout tracker to get more from your workouts. Whether you want to gain strength or just stay healthy, join the over 800,000 people who have downloaded Strong to stay on track in the gym.
*Apps We Love* Front Page Feature
*Apps We Love* Health & Fitness Feature Banner
*Stay on Track* Health & Fitness Feature
Strong is completely redesigned and optimised for the latest iOS Devices, and now comes with Cloud Sync to back up your data.
"I have used nearly every logging app since the App Store launched. This is the best bar none"
"I use this every time I go to the gym and seriously couldn't train without it"
"Simple. Intuitive. Functional. Exactly what I was looking for."
"This is bare bones and serious. Right on, and works perfectly... I wish I could give 10 stars."
"It's by far the most intuitive and easy to use workout app I've used."
"It's amazing. That's all you need to know."
Whether you're a beginner or an experienced powerlifter, Strong provides everything you need to record your workouts as effortlessly and as quickly as possible. Unlike other fitness apps, Strong doesn't bog you down with pictures and videos you don't need, and provide unnecessary functions you'd never use.
Strong is optimised for a progressive barbell routine such as Starting Strength or StrongLifts 5x5, but it is easily adaptable to any other routine of your choosing!
And you can also select a range of exercises, from Cardio to Assisted Bodyweight for an all in one fitness tracking experience.
- The simplest interface of any fitness app available on the App Store
- Add your own routines and choose easily between them
- Cardio and strength exercises - and add your own too!
- New in Strong 4 - Multiple Exercise Types, including Assisted Bodyweight and Duration Exercises
- New in Strong 4 - See your progress in Graphs for Volume and 1RM Progression
- New in Strong 4 - Tag sets as Warm Up, Failure or Drop Sets
- New in Strong 4 - Supersets/Grouped Exercises
- New in Strong 4 - Cloud Sync!
- New in Strong 4 - Built in bodyweight tracker helps you record your weight every workout, and includes Apple Health
- New in Strong 4 - Share sheet makes archiving workouts to Evernote, Notes or Email easier than ever!
- New in Strong 4 - Full Screen Timer for easier notification
- Warm Up Calculator tells you which weights to warm up with
- Plate calculator for when the weights get high
- US(lbs) AND Metric(kg) weight support
- Add additional notes to your workout
- Advanced Statistics show your personal records and progression, and even calculate your one rep max and total weight lifted!
- Export workout information by email to CSV format, as well as full Database Export
- Built in Auto Countdown Timer to help record rest breaks
Note: Strong requires the "Unlock Strong" In App Purchase in order to enter more than 4 workouts. But feel free to try it for as long as you like!
Strong Terms of Service - http://help.strongapp.io/article/73-strong-terms-of-service
What's New in Version 4.13
- Per-exercise settings are now synced to the cloud
- Exercise notes from the previous workout appear as placeholder text
- Previous Set information now shows when viewing workouts in history
- Updated Notifications look and behaviour
- Reorganised the Settings tab
- Support for per-exercise timers and weight/distance units
- Improved background sync performance and feedback
- Rest Timer notifications would occasionally fail to appear
- Old notifications are cleared when launching Strong
A big thanks to our beta users for helping us track down some issues! If you’re interested in helping to improve Strong, drop us an email.
As always, if you enjoy Strong, please leave a review, it helps us keep the app improving! Although we’re now able to respond to reviews, we can give a more detailed reply if you email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to greatness. The last update fixed all my issues.
Ive been using Strong since the beginning. I have the full paid version. I love the phone app and its simplistic nature. I was ecstatic when the apple watch companion app came out but ive only been let down since then. My 5 star review just went to 2 stars. The watch app will only work if I uninstall and then reinstall it and resync it with the phone app. This will work for one workout at most. After that, the app just crashes or has a nonstop spinning wheel. So basically, the watch app is useless without my phone which defeats the purpose of having the watch app. Ive contacted Strong support twice but have yet to receive a response. Its been 4 weeks. I hope this app is updated soon because fitness is a big part of my life and i use this app every day. Im already looking for alternatives.
Update: the last update fixed all my issues. Ive been using my Stong watch app daily since the update and its working flawlessly!! I hope it stays this way!
So far, loving it!
I just bought the series 2 Apple Watch and am getting used to it. The Strong app has been helpful at the gym. I'm a big fan of JEFit for my phone, but am looking to get away from my phone and the Strong app for watch is helping with that. I like the simplicity of it, while displaying the most important things, heart rate, exercise name, set/rep, etc. I like using the crown to quickly input weight and reps. Only issue I found was the sync between Strong and Activity was off. Activity only recorded 3 mins off weight training from Strong, but Strong logged 35 minutes. I restarted both apps, tried to resync, restarted both iPhone and watch and the two still aren't displaying the same data. This has only occurred once, but I just started using Strong so hopefully it won't be an ongoing issue. Overall I'm happy with it. I will be comparing it with other watch apps and hope to post an update soon :)
Solid app well worth trying (and then paying for)
Great app for tracking progress. It leaves nothing to be desired, which is a big accomplishment for tracking something that everyone has a slightly different preference on.
Love the strength progression charts. Also enjoy seeing my total weight lifted in a workout and number of new PRs hit. Last thing to do is connect to MyFitnessPal or FitBit so I don't have to simultaneously track my workouts in Record. 😁
Update: 3 months in
Wow. This app has held steady and made a catastrophic difference in my lifting habits. It catastrophically destroyed my laziness, cheat days, half days, missed days... The developer has really nailed the data display. I hope he never changes it. Seeing the week stacks when I first launch it, the workout count, the pounds lifted after, new PRs, estimated 1RMs...it all just flows together to keep you motivated.
My only suggestion is that the developer make the app a subscription instead of a one time purchase so we can give him more money for the amazing value in this app.
I'm a software developer so I know what goes into something this polished. Please keep it up. If you ever need help or want to talk to a fan drop me a note! Bcklein 1 at the Google.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Apr 07, 2017
- Version: 4.13
- Size: 84.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Strong Fitness Ltd.
- © 2016 Strong Fitness Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- All Features$6.99
- Unlock Strong$4.99
- Strong Power Pack$3.99
- Strong PRO$4.99
- Strong PRO$29.99