"Quicker than using the tables"
"A must have for an actuarial student"
"The graphing option is extremely useful"
Over 3,900 downloads across iOS and Android worldwide!
Apptuary is THE app to have if you're an Actuarial student or a qualified Actuary - PARTICULARLY if you're tired of looking up values in tables of figures.
Apptuary is the ONLY actuarial app to feature downloadable Life Tables, and makes life-contingent annuity, compound-interest, option and statistical calculations fast and easy.
Apptuary can calculate:
• Values for life contingent annuities and assurances for single and joint lives, for any combination of interest rate and term.
• The values of all of the first and second order Greeks, using the Black-Scholes model of option prices.
• Values for annuities-certain for:
- any interest rate
- any number of payment years (including infinite)
- any number of payments per year (including continuous)
- any deferral period.
• Cumulative probabilities for a number of discrete and continuous statistical distributions, as well as values for the inverses of those cumulative distributions:
- Negative Binomial (Type I)
- Negative Binomial (Type II)
- Uniform (Discrete version)
- Standard Normal
- Normal (Gaussian)
- Uniform (Continuous version)
- Pareto (Two-parameter version)
• The means and variances for the above distributions PLUS the following:
- Pareto (Three parameter version)
Ratings and Reviews
Wish I had this for exam C
It looks fairly complete. Able to solve and show formulas for all of the formulas you may see through exam C (that I can remember).
Nice graphical representation as well. Sometimes nice to see to better understand what the distribution looks like and how it changes with the parameters!
Great app for most of the distributions actuaries use. Great for studying when you just need a quick answer. The graphing option is extremely useful for a visual representation of whatever you're trying to accomplish. A must-have for an actuary of any level.
Awesome Little Tool
This is a great no-nonsense app for checking my work. Very easy. I wish I could use it on exams!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.