Citymapper - the ultimate transit app
By Citymapper Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Citymapper is the ultimate award-winning transit app making complex cities easy to use!
A to B trip planning with ETA including all modes (subway, bus, rail, ferry, bike/car sharing, Uber).
Real-time departures. Transit maps. Line status and real-time disruption alerts. Uber integration. Bike routing and live bike share info. Constant updates. Everything you need -- and may not even realize you need -- to manage your life in the city.
USA/CANADA: New York City, San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal.
ASIA: Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo.
EUROPE: London, Manchester, Birmingham, Paris, Lyon, Berlin, Hamburg, Brussels / Belgium, Amsterdam / Randstad, Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Rome, Lisbon.
LATIN AMERICA: Mexico City, São Paulo.
EXPANDING: VOTE for your city and we'll add it citymapper.com/nextcity
"Citymapper is, quite simply, the best travel app to be introduced to New York City" - New York Times
"Now forget about Google Maps because Citymapper eats Google Maps for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.” - Tech in Asia
* Apple's 2014 and 2013 Apps of the Year
* Grand Prize Winner - MTA New York City App Quest 2013
* Best Overall Mobile App (Mobile World Congress Barcelona / GSMA 2014)
* Winner of Grand Prix, Best Transport Startup and Best Mobile Startup - 2015 Europas Awards
* Special Prize Winner - Tokyo Metro Competition 2015
THOUSANDS OF 5-STAR USER REVIEWS
* "Best app on my phone."
* "It’s reason alone to get an iPhone. It's that good."
* "I'm practically married to this app."
* "Don't know how I lived without it."
* "This app makes me warm inside."
* "The only true five star app."
* "Support for the SF Bay Area is particularly impressive because it aggregates all transit systems imaginable (BART, Caltrain, MUNI, VTA, etc.) into one seamless app."
* "Best app for getting directions and ride on the MTA New York City."
* "Life changing. This app really changes the way you travel."
* "This is my favorite transit app. Full-featured and a breeze to use. I really appreciate the Uber integration."
AVAILABLE CITIES & SERVICES IN THE US, SINGAPORE & HONG KONG
We use open data from transport agencies in the cities where we are live:
- New York City: MTA, MNR, LIRR, Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE), New Jersey Transit, NY Waterway Ferries, PATH, Citi Bikes
- San Francisco Bay Area: BART, MUNI, Caltrain, AC Transit, SamTrans, VTA, Golden Gate Transit, County Connection, Wheels, Union City Transit, Tri Delta Transit, WestCAT, Stanford Marguerite, Emery Go-Round, ACE, Capitol Corridor, Bay Area Bike Share, San Francisco Bay Ferry
- Los Angeles: Metro, Metrolink, Santa Monica Big Blue Bus (BBB), DASH / Commuter Express (LADOT)
- Chicago: CTA, 'L', METRA, PACE Bus, Divvy Bikes
- Boston: Massport, MBTA, Boston Commuter Rail, the 'T', Silver Line, Hubway Bike Share
- Washington DC: WMATA, DC Circulator, Metroway, Ride On (Montgomery County), ART (Arlington), DASH (Alexandria), Fairfax Connector, VRE, MARC Trains, MTA Commuter, Capital Bikeshare
- Philadelphia: SEPTA, PATCO, NJ Transit
- Singapore: LTA, SMRT, SBS
- Hong Kong: MTR, HK Tramways, Light Rail, Kowloon Motor Bus, Citybus, First Bus, First Ferry, Star Ferry, Discovery Bay Ferry & Bus, Park Island Ferry & Bus, Green Mini Bus
KEEP IN TOUCH
If you have questions or feedback, please email us at email@example.com
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/thecitymapper
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Citymapper
Visit our website: http://citymapper.com
Please note that the app requires data access and works best with GPS / location on. Also, continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Background GPS is only used when in ‘GO' navigation mode.
What's New in Version 5.14
….. aaaand we’re back. That January, such an unnecessary month.
* The SmartCommute. Seoul, Korea. St Petersburg, Russia. *
According to the internet, the average cityhuman spends 10,000+ hours commuting. Gosh, that’s more than a year of your entire life! It’s about time somebody built something specifically around this experience..
Introducing the SmartCommute. Set your home and work and we will automatically suggest commutes to you on your Personal Commute Dashboard on the homescreen. Because: robots. And we will only show you this when appropriate, based on your location and time of day. Because: robots. But, if you’re not happy with our suggestions, you can ‘edit commute’ to add and delete trips to your liking. Because: humans.
Your Personal Commute Dashboard will show you:
- Live ETA. Know exactly what time you will be at work (or back home) at a quick glance, even comparing across different options. This is super neat.
- Live departures. Optimise when to leave.
- Disruptions and delays. Know when you’re going to be **ed, and find alternatives.
- The weather. Why not.
FYI we’re not done yet with the Commute. For some people, it’s the most miserable part of their day. We’re going to continue to do something about it...
The app is now in Korean and Russian. And the expansion continues:
Seoul, Korea. We’re bringing some Gangnam style to transit in the second most populous metropolitan area in the world, with one of the largest subway systems globally, 800 bus routes, cable cars, cycle hires, and the world’s second Maglev (like a train levitating on magnets, wow), super fast internet, crazy TV antenna phones, and other proper future stuff.
St Petersburg, Russia. City of white nights, city of canals. Metro, real time buses, trams, trolley-buses, rail and even minibuses- be careful, only the drivers and we know where the stops are. The drawbridges are open...
Mediocre, not as good as Hopstop was
This app has some great features (like storing your work/home address/other saved locations, getting real time scheduling, etc) and the interface is great. However, I used Hopstop for almost 10 years (in NYC) and have been using this app for four months and it doesn't meet the quality of Hopstop for either expected travel time or mass transit recommendations. Sometimes it gives illogical choices too (eg Option 1 is to take an express train directly to your location and Option 2 is to take one express train and switch to another one that runs on the exact same line...). I'm going to continue shopping around for an app that provides reliable directions and travel time.
Love This App!!
I love this app, but a new improvement would be great, that improvement would be to add voiced reminders of when to get off as not everyone will look at their phone constantly to see when their stop is coming up.
Can't handle multiple changes from bus to bus
doesn't seem to recognize bus routes in New York and when suggesting travel can only handle you being on one piece of transit for the trip. Makes you walk the rest of the way. Many of my trips are done with the bus and subway combination or two buses. Disappointing and distinctly a step down from the old hop stop. I will return to looking at the maps and making my own decisions.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Feb 03, 2016
- Version: 5.14
- Size: 59.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Citymapper Limited
- © 2016 Citymapper Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.