Citymapper - Real-Time Transit Directions for Bus, Subway and Rail
By Citymapper Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Citymapper is an award-winning transit app making complex cities easy to use!
A to B trip planning with ETA including all modes (subway, bus, rail, ferry, bike/car sharing, Uber).
Real-time departures. Transit maps. Line status and real-time disruption alerts. Uber integration. Bike routing and live bike share info. Constant updates. Everything you need -- and may not even realize you need -- to manage your life in the city.
USA/CANADA: New York City, San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal.
ASIA: Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo.
EUROPE: London, Manchester, Birmingham, Paris, Lyon, Berlin, Hamburg, Brussels / Belgium, Amsterdam / Randstad, Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Rome, Lisbon.
LATIN AMERICA: Mexico City, São Paulo.
EXPANDING: VOTE for your city and we'll add it citymapper.com/nextcity
"Citymapper is, quite simply, the best travel app to be introduced to New York City" - New York Times
"Now forget about Google Maps because Citymapper eats Google Maps for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.” - Tech in Asia
* Apple's 2014 and 2013 Apps of the Year
* Grand Prize Winner - MTA New York City App Quest 2013
* Best Overall Mobile App (Mobile World Congress Barcelona / GSMA 2014)
* Winner of Grand Prix, Best Transport Startup and Best Mobile Startup - 2015 Europas Awards
* Special Prize Winner - Tokyo Metro Competition 2015
THOUSANDS OF 5-STAR USER REVIEWS
* "Best app on my phone."
* "It’s reason alone to get an iPhone. It's that good."
* "I'm practically married to this app."
* "Don't know how I lived without it."
* "This app makes me warm inside."
* "The only true five star app."
* "Support for the SF Bay Area is particularly impressive because it aggregates all transit systems imaginable (BART, Caltrain, MUNI, VTA, etc.) into one seamless app."
* "Best app for getting directions and ride on the MTA New York City."
* "Life changing. This app really changes the way you travel."
* "This is my favorite transit app. Full-featured and a breeze to use. I really appreciate the Uber integration."
AVAILABLE CITIES & SERVICES IN THE US, SINGAPORE & HONG KONG
We use open data from transport agencies in the cities where we are live:
- New York City: MTA, MNR, LIRR, Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE), New Jersey Transit, NY Waterway Ferries, PATH, Citi Bikes
- San Francisco Bay Area: BART, MUNI, Caltrain, AC Transit, SamTrans, VTA, Golden Gate Transit, County Connection, Wheels, Union City Transit, Tri Delta Transit, WestCAT, Stanford Marguerite, Emery Go-Round, ACE, Capitol Corridor, Bay Area Bike Share, San Francisco Bay Ferry
- Los Angeles: Metro, Metrolink, Santa Monica Big Blue Bus (BBB), DASH / Commuter Express (LADOT)
- Chicago: CTA, 'L', METRA, PACE Bus, Divvy Bikes
- Boston: Massport, MBTA, Boston Commuter Rail, the 'T', Silver Line, Hubway Bike Share
- Washington DC: WMATA, DC Circulator, Metroway, Ride On (Montgomery County), ART (Arlington), DASH (Alexandria), Fairfax Connector, VRE, MARC Trains, MTA Commuter, Capital Bikeshare
- Philadelphia: SEPTA, PATCO, NJ Transit
- Singapore: LTA, SMRT, SBS
- Hong Kong: MTR, HK Tramways, Light Rail, Kowloon Motor Bus, Citybus, First Bus, First Ferry, Star Ferry, Discovery Bay Ferry & Bus, Park Island Ferry & Bus, Green Mini Bus
KEEP IN TOUCH
If you have questions or feedback, please email us at email@example.com
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/thecitymapper
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Citymapper
Visit our website: http://citymapper.com
Please note that the app requires data access and works best with GPS / location on. Also, continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Background GPS is only used when in ‘GO' navigation mode.
What's New in Version 5.12
'Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?'
'That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,' said the Cat.
'I don't much care where -' said Alice.
'Then it doesn't matter which way you go,' said the Cat.
Welcome to the Everything Map. Just slide up (down?) on the homescreen to reveal a map of the city around you.
Find all stops, stations and docks nearby. Tap any pin for instant departure boards. See which way you’re facing. Know how far you can walk in 5 or 15 minutes. Zoom out to see all the lines in your city.
Learn. Play. Wander. Master your city.
‘OMG. You removed the subway/metro map!’ said Alice.
‘No we didn’t.’ said the Cat. ‘It’s now on the City page’.
‘Oh that makes so much sense’, agreed Alice.
Flipping Ace of an App
Hands down, by a country mile, this app knocks the socks off of everything else. This includes Google maps and whatever else you can think of. I live in London and have used this app for over two years in and out of this city. It's just as amazing in all the other cities it covers. The developers are pretty insane and really do listen to feedback. They are the best in class I have seen. And for anyone out there who despises all of the big companies posting generic app update terminology you don't have to worry about that with Citymapper. They actually let you know what's changed and even have a page within the app that covers the details. Best flipping transit app out there. GET IT!!!!
Absolutely Positively Essential
I live in the NYC area and find this app absolutely essentially for getting around the city. I wouldn't dare go anywhere without it. I especially like that I can plan my trips while online and save them so I can see and follow them offline. I can use the app to travel by subway, by bus, by foot or some combination thereof. I can't begin to describe all the wonderful features. Just take my word for it: if you come to visit or live in NYC, you MUST GET THIS APP.
Clearest, most organized, most comprehensive...
Traveling with s.o. mobility impaired, this app has been a life-saver. When every extra step you take is physically punishing, careful planning is essential. This app has helped us route each journey with as much accuracy as current London congestion will allow. I had been struggling with two other London bus apps, then I found this one. THANKS!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 17, 2015
- Version: 5.12
- Size: 40.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Citymapper Limited
- © 2015 Citymapper Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.