quitSTART is a free app made for people who want to quit smoking. This app takes the information you provide about your smoking history and gives you tailored tips, inspiration, and challenges to help you become smokefree and live a healthier life.
quitSTART helps you:
• Get ready to quit with tips and information to prepare you for becoming smokefree
• Monitor your progress and earn badges for smokefree milestones and other achievements
• Get back on track if you slip and smoke
• Manage cravings and bad moods in healthy ways
• Distract yourself from cravings with games and challenges
• Store helpful tips, inspirations, and challenges in your Quit Kit
• Share your progress and favorite tips through social media
quitSTART is a product of Smokefree.gov, a smoking cessation resource created by the Tobacco Control Research Branch at the National Cancer Institute in collaboration with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and input from tobacco control professionals, smoking cessation experts, and ex-smokers.
We are always working to improve quitSTART.
Ratings and Reviews
When I first downloaded this app, it was great, but now that I’ve started on Chantix to help me, a lot of the functions in the app aren’t working properly, such as photos and the “brag” button. Every time I try to upload a photo, the app closes completely and the photo does not upload. I wanted to add photos as reminders as to why I want and need to quit. These reminder images are very important to me.
Also, I feel that the “Brag” button is a great feature, if only it worked. I feel it would be a great motivator, however, when I click on the button, it only opens up my messengers, printers, notes, etc. when I believe it is supposed to redirect me to a community page of some kind. Not sure about that because I can’t get it to work unless it only wants me to brag to people in my own contact list, but it doesn’t make sense because it tells you that your progress will be featured somewhere where others can view it to motivate them to stay quit.
The app is all whacked out right now and I hope they get it working soon.
App is easy, fun & informative. Set up was a breeze & colorful. I learned so much about my body & this addiction. Games did just the trick by distracting me for crucial minutes. Simple tips to try. I started meditating & deep breathing. One moment & day at a time. At the end of the road feels fabulous!
Love this App!
I'm struggling with quitting, and have tried several times to quit. The distraction games on this app are a lot of fun--I'm not out of the woods yet, but think this app will be the reinforcement I need to finally kick the butts once and for all : )
- ICF International, Inc.
- 53.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2014 ICF International
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.