PerfExpert - Car Onboard Dyno & Timer
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Embark the efficiency of a true dyno inside your car!
Measure your real engine power and torque within a 2% margin by performing a simple acceleration with your car!
Make sure your tunings are effective using a completely objective and independent way, without any excessive expense!
PerfExpert - Car Onboard Dyno & Timer is an application allowing you to measure the performances of your car, such as its real power, torque, and acceleration times. It doesn’t require any connection to your car. Results are provided as detailed reports featuring interactive charts.
How does PerfExpert dyno works ? It's simple :
1. Create your car profile => Describe your car to PerfExpert by providing information such as curb weight, tire sizes or engine displacement. If you don't know how to find your car's specifications, we help you to do so.
2. Mount your phone in your car => No need to connect your phone to your car. With your phone firmly mounted inside your car, PerfExpert can rely on its internal sensors to measure the real acceleration of your car.
3. Accelerate through the entire engine rev range => On a flat, straight and horizontal road, perform an acceleration from low rev to the maximum rev, keeping the same gear : that's it!
IMPORTANT : dyno test is not compatible with automatic gearboxes that doesn't have a manual mode.
With such a tool, you can check the efficiency of your various tunings, ECU mapping, chiptuning, and even your chassis settings.
Using the specification of the tested car and your device’s accelerometer, the application runs our algorithms and dynamic power loss calculations to provide the performances of your car with high accuracy.
Skeptical? Here is a selection of comparison tests between “PerfExpert - Car Onboard Dyno” and real chassis dynos, performed by some of our users : http://bit.ly/perfexpert_vs_chassis_dyno
For further information, you can find our FAQ at http://www.perfexpert-app.com/faq-en-top.html
Here are sample dyno and timed run reports created using the application :
Join now the growing PerfExpert community:
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PerfExpert
- Google+ : https://plus.google.com/+Perfexpert-app/posts
- Dyno test : measure the power and torque of your engine with advanced loss calculation model. Detection of the engine rev limiter. Detailed reports featuring interactive charts of wheel and engine horsepower and torque / engine speed, just like a regular chassis dynamometer.
- Compute corrected power and torque using the correction norm of your choice (atmospheric pressure, ambient temperature and air humidity are taken into account). Available standards: DIN (Europe), SAE (America), JIS (Japan), CEE (Europe) and ISO (International).
- Timed Run test to measure your 0-60mph, 0-60ft, 0-1/8mi, 0-1/4mi, 0-100km/h, 0-20m, 0-200m, 0-400m, and much more.
- Use of your phone accelerometer at its maximum frequency and advanced signal processing for smoothed curves.
- Custom choice of units from a large choice: Hp, Ch, Cv, Kw, Nm, Ft.Lb, mKg, Mph, Km/h, m, ft, G, m/s², psi, inHg, mBar, °C, °F
- Export reports in Tab Separated Value format and PNG
What's New in Version 2.0.1
- Fixed a bug occurring in the additional weight preparation screen, when the selected unit is "Lb".
- Improved car parameters help texts
- Added metric and imperial units for the drag area (Cd.A) parameter
- Bug fixes and performances improvement
Try the new test session preparation assistant! It helps you to setup the app before measuring your car performances. By managing the fuel weight calculation and letting you better control weather data retrieving, you will get accurate results easier than before.
Great car performance information
I wasn't ready to go spend hundreds of dollars on a Dyno run. So I went looking for a Dyno for my iPhone and I came across a PerfExpert.
PerfExpert was the first performance app I tried. Their website has the information that was not included in the app for how to set it up and make it work. It works so well for me that I didn't even go look for any other dynamometer apps.
I recommend this app for anyone that's interested.
I downloaded it to use for timed run but it is pratically hard to get it. How to use ? It is not friendly.
There is app for android only which I wanted it is called Dino. You setup the speed range like 50-150km/h and when you reach the minimum speed it start recording automatically and ends when you get to 150..
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Jun 22, 2017
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 38.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, Italian, Portuguese
- Seller: Claude JOSEPH ANGELIQUE
- © 2017 PerfExpert SAS
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.