Navigate your world faster and easier with Google Maps. Over 220 countries and territories mapped and hundreds of millions of businesses and places on the map. Get real-time GPS navigation, traffic, and transit info, and explore local neighborhoods by knowing where to eat, drink and go - no matter what part of the world you’re in.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic rerouting based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
Discover places and explore like a local
• Discover local restaurant, events, and activities that matter to you
• Know what’s trending and new places that are opening in the areas you care about
• Decide more confidently with “Your match,” a number on how likely you are to like a place
• Group planning made easy. Share a shortlist of options and vote in real-time
• Create lists of your favorite places and share with friends
• Follow must-try places recommended by local experts, Google, and publishers
More experiences on Google Maps
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
* Some features not available in all countries
Thanks for using Google Maps! This release brings bug fixes that improve our product to help you discover new places and navigate to them.
Ratings and Reviews
This app does an above-average job at assisting in navigation. I like that it apparently integrates user movement over time; for example, when I moved to my house, it ignored a pedestrian footpath to the other half of my street, but it now no longer routes me two miles away when I’m going to the bus. The reason I don’t give it five stars is its integration with Lyft/Uber, because my pocket would open the links and sometimes nearly summon a car (I had to delete them to avoid being charged), and because of transit system shortcomings. GMaps doesn’t offer enough different choices for routes, sometimes missing obvious bus lines or transfers, sometimes only giving one option it thinks best, though I might know more info and want to prompt more choices, which isn’t possible. I a forced to enter fake destination or origin information to force other routes to display. One bus may be very crowded at certain times, one route may have a steep hill. It needs to offer a way to expand route choices. Also, I still need to use OneBusAway to check on arrival times, as GMaps is not always current, especially with detours and alterations. As for driving, it’s fine, except the way it ignores neighborhood shortcuts and alternatives. Overall, a good tool to assist you, but you need your own knowledge to make it truly effective. Therefore, 3.5 stars, which I weighted up to 4.
A great app, but flawed on CarPlay
I always used to feel that Google Maps was the best mobile app that existed, and possibly the only mobile app that I honestly could not live without. Apple Maps didn’t used to be a worthy competitor, but Apple has consistently upped their game and Apple Maps is almost the equal of Google Maps today. I was initially very excited when I found out that iOS 12 would allow Google Maps to work in Apple CarPlay. However, once the feature was released it not only made it clear that Apple Maps has caught or passed Google Maps in some respects, and it also revealed some critical bugs in Google’s application.
One particularly nasty bug in Google Maps, especially in CarPlay, is that the system seems to not really know my location. If I am following directions from Google, the system repeatedly detects that I am on roads that are near to the road that I am driving on but that are not actually the road on which I am driving. It also shows my car occasionally getting off on exits from whatever interstate I am on when I am not exiting. It seems that Google knows my location within maybe 50 to 100 feet from where I actually am located. This renders this app basically unusable on CarPlay and even makes me question having it installed on my phone any longer.
Best gps app
I have been using google maps since 2011. I never write reviews but this app has surpassed my expectations. I have tried waze, ios maps and they dont do it for me. I am a truck driver by trade and aside from truck route maps on a desktop, i always use google maps. Will google maps ever be perfect? No but we are talking about perfect cellphone service and non hesitant location tracking to have a perfect gps. Depending where you are and who your carrier is, your cell reception might be shakily and you might miss a turn, not the app’s fault. Once google introduced the option for additional stops with in your route, they locked in my loyalty to the app. The reason why i wrote this review today is a new option that i have long awaited. Since i drive for miles, i am always on the app. I also am always listening to music. Of course i have had many times where i missed that very important turn because i was skipping or searching for a new song. Not anymore, maps now has a very simple tab on the map that lets me skip my song with my maps still on the screen. Thats a game changer for me. Once again, google has made me a pleased customer. Great work.
- Google LLC
- 199.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Google Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.