Argus: Calorie Counter, Activity Tracker & Pedometer for Weight Loss
By Azumio Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
As featured on 2016 Apple Watch Commercial 'Chase' with Nick Jonas, USA Today, CNN, TechCrunch, Gizmodo and many others, Argus is the BEST all-in-one health & fitness app in the WORLD. Download Argus now and join the world’s LARGEST social fitness community. MILLIONS are already benefitting every day by setting lifestyle goals, conquering them, and sharing their progress along the way!
WHY ARGUS IS THE BEST HEALTH & FITNESS APP IN THE WORLD
- 100% FREE – we believe that leading a healthy lifestyle should be accessible to everyone!
- 100% INTEGRATED – Argus uses only your phone!
- 100% EFFECTIVE - MILLIONS of users worldwide have seen DRASTIC improvements in their physique and emotional well-being!
- HEALTHKIT SUPPORT
FEATURES OF THE BEST HEALTH & FITNESS APP IN THE WORLD
- ADVANCED SLEEP TRACKER – track your sleeping habits and use our proprietary algorithm to wake you up at your lightest stage of sleep!
- WORLD-CLASS HEART RATE MONITOR – visualize your waveform with the tip of your finger and your phone’s camera!
- 24/7 STEP PEDOMETER – tracks all your steps with our efficiently engineered ultra-low battery usage technology (10x more energy efficient than leading competitors!)
- MULTI-ACTIVITY GPS TRACKER – track running, cycling, climbing, and more!
- ULTIMATE CALORIE COUNTER– Argus has an EXTRTEMELY ACCURATE calorie counter along with the most extensive food database in the world, ideal for weight watchers, paleo dieters, Atkins dieters, and more.
- IN-DEPTH HEALTH CHARTS AND ANALYSIS – track what you’re doing right and what you could be doing better!
- CUTTING-EDGE BARCODE SCANNER – instantly log all your foods by taking a snap of a barcode!
- PERSONALIZED WEIGHT-LOSS PLANS – set your weight-loss goal, sit back and relax as Argus calculates your calorie intake!
- HD VIDEO WORKOUTS – Do Yoga, Pilates, Stretching, Squats, Pushups, Deadlifts, Bench presses, and more!
- CHALLENGES – invite friends and family with challenges to motivate each other in a fun way
- LEARN MORE – get exclusive access to our blogs and learn tips & tricks on how to improve your nutrition, weight, fitness and health!
- MORE TO COME – enjoy new features the second they’re released! We constantly strive to make Argus the best free health & fitness app in the world.
What's New in Version 5.28
Argonauts, another big update, another reason for you to live healthier! In this update we have:
- Major nutrition tracking improvements
-- Calorie and macronutrient goal customization to make tracking more precise
-- Micronutrients tracking to help you better monitor your health (cholesterol, fiber, and more!)
-- Ability to exclude exercise calories from calorie counting
-- Improved meal copying functionality
-- Custom food created items are now listed
- Bodyweight graph on insights to help you see all your trends in one place
- Heart rate and sleep reminders
- Other bug fixes and under-the-hood performance enhancements
Great app, needs a few small improvements...
I don't normally leave app reviews, but I though my ID share a few things about this app since it worked so well for me. This is a great all in one fitness/lifestyle app. Before, I was using abt 4 different apps for activity tracking, food choices, sleep tracking, etc. After downloading this app, his is all I need to keep track of my activity and calories, and get an overall view of my daily health goals/status. However- a few small improvements could be made. For one, I am diabetic, and it would be fabulous if I could track my blood sugar levels in this app as well. Azumio had a glucose tracking app but it doesn't integrate with Argus unfortunately, so I'm currently using Sugar Sense. If they could integrate something very similar that would be amazing! Especially considering the increasingly high number of diabetics in the world. Also, the app does track the number of cups of coffee consumed in a day, but it would be great if it tracked caffeine levels instead. For example I only drink one cup of coffee usually per day, but I'd like to know where I am after I've had coffee, Diet Coke, energy drinks throughout he day. It would be a really good idea to see actually how much caffeine I'm consuming. Otherwise, I give it 4 stars. If those two things were integrated I'd give it 5 stars easily!
Great, but could use improvement.
Argus is an app that helps you track your daily life and tell you how you should improve on it. My only problem is the social side of it. This is because there really is no way to connect to your friends and load times for searching take awhile to load. In order to improve that they should add a "add friends from contacts" feature along with the ability to add/connect more social networks to your account. The second and last problem I have with this app is the way you record your information into the app. This is because you must open the app and record each and every thing on their, but usually I'll forget which means barely any data ever gets entered. To improve the team behind Argus should add a reminder feature in which you can set personal reminders at different points of the day in order to help you record and input more data.
I gave this a five star rating because overall Argus is one of the best health apps out there. I would have given it a 4.5 rating because of the faults in it, but I can't and a 4 star rating just wouldn't do it justice.
Not "Completely free" or "All-in-One"
It's not completely free. They don't even mention that there will be an option to go "Premium" once you download and sign up. Then spend all the time setting up, entering all your info, only to find that it is a complete waste of time since it doesn't do what it says it will do. It looks like you'll be able to find and add an exercise class, like Les Mills Body Pump, a common group exercise at a gym. I can't say for the "Premium" version, but there isn't anything even remotely close to that. Just individual exercises. Like, one rep of bicep curls. Could you imagine how many of those you'd have to add to track one Body Pump class? You'd spend a long time, that's what. You can't even just add your own workout. You can, but it goes back to the add-one-move-at-a-time thing. You can't just add your own amount of calories burned. It's not "all-in-one" if you can't add an exercise, or even just let you log how many calories you burned. If they were just honest and upfront about it not being free and there is a "Premium" paid option, it would have saved me an hour or two of my precious time doing something completely useless. Instead they have to be misleading and tricky, so they get one star from me.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: May 12, 2016
- Version: 5.28
- Size: 98.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Azumio Inc.
- © 2015 Azumio Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Azumio Premium$4.99
- Azumio Premium$29.99
- Azumio Premium$8.99
- Azumio Premium$9.99
- Azumio Premium$39.99
- Azumio Premium$18.99