VLC for Mobile
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
VLC for Mobile is a port of the free VLC media player to iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
It can play all your movies, shows and music in most formats directly without conversion.
It allows file synchronization with Dropbox, GDrive, OneDrive, Box, iCloud Drive, iTunes, direct downloads and through WiFi sharing as well as streaming from SMB, FTP, UPnP/DLNA media servers and the web.
VLC offers support for advanced subtitles including full SSA compatibility, multi-track audio, and playback speed control.
VLC for Mobile is completely free and open source.
What's New in Version 2.8.4
· Fixes a not responsive UI after scrubbing the Video
· Fixes iOS 11 issues with interlaced videos
· Fixes instances where the Video would be black
· General stability improvements and bug fixes
After having used VLC as my main video player on my PCs for years, I was excited when the official VLC app was released for iOS. Initially, the app had limited usefulness as it couldn't reliably play the video files I needed it to. I've tried many free and paid apps with limited success and others like PlayerExtreme that offered full functionality for a review only to add debilitating adds after an update. After the most recent update, my VLC app is now my favorite video player app for iOS too. I am successfully streaming HD video over my NAS to OLD iPad 3 without a hitch.
This app is a must for anyone who has movies or TV shows downloaded to their computer that aren't through the iTunes Store or a streaming site. With VLC, you can easily transfer the files from your computer to your iPhone (no matter what file format!). The playback controls are great. I love the gestures that allow you to swipe the screen to jump in 10 second increments. This app is powerful and very well thought out. It's one of my very favorite iOS apps. Thank you to the developers!
Back to Good!!!
Edit: Back to working perfectly in iOS 11!!!
VLC player was finally working flawlessly under iOS 10, then iOS 11 hit and it’s back to bad. You can’t scrub ahead in a video or you will get a black screen and the app will stop responding. You have to force quit and watch videos from the beginning. Even if I pause a video and start it later, it was stop responding. Looking forward to another update. Not optimistic considering it took nearly a year for VLC to work well on iOS 10.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Oct 01, 2017
- Version: 2.8.4
- Size: 82.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Belarusian, Bosnian, Cambodian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Faeroese, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: VideoLAN
- © VideoLAN and authors
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes