Pinpoint – Mark Up Screenshots
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
You take screenshots. But sometimes you need to mark them up a bit before sharing them with your friends (or enemies). You know: point stuff out, blur out your business, jot down thoughts. Pinpoint’s got you covered.
With Pinpoint you can:
• See all the screenshots you’ve ever taken
• Draw arrows and boxes to pinpoint the important parts or the stuff that’s weird
• Write text to explain what you’re thinking
• Blur out your sensitive info to keep it from prying eyes
• Share your finished screenshot masterpiece with literally anyone
• Ditch the original screenshot so it’s not clogging up your photo library
• Get new colors so that you’re cooler than your friends
That’s it. It’s super simple by design. One thing: mark up your screenshots.
What's New in Version 2.0.4
• Adds support for iPad Pro. All of your iPad Pro screenshots should now show up on your massive device.
• Fixes an occasional crash that could occur when deleting or adding screenshots.
We <3 you. If you love Pinpoint: buy a color or two, leave us a review, or follow us on Twitter at @getpinpoint.
Finally an upgrade
The app when called bugshot has basically been unusable for months. This is a welcome upgrade however there are a few odd features. First, you have to pay for colors, and it's a hefty $4.99 to unlock all colors. Not only is the cost outrageous, the placement of the color tool is in an odd place. You would think the color tool would be with all the other tools, but it's not. You have to back out of the image you are working on to a previous page where settings are located. It's an odd set up. The other thing that would be nice would have the ability to add annotations to all photos, not just screenshots. Good upgrade but needs a few improvements.
Update: it's been over a year since my last review and nothing has changed. Color tool is still in odd place and you can only draw on screenshots.
First, this app allegedly only works against the screenshots. This app will not work against photos, so say other reviewers.
In my experience, however, this app doesn't work at all on my iPhone 7 Plus. After installation and allowing access to my photo library, the only image that shows up in the list is the demo image. This app will not show any other images in my photo library whether screenshot or otherwise. It also has no ability to view or import images from the photo library.
This app is kind of a pointless editor if it doesn't support the photo library at all. FAIL.
Sorta limited functionality and confusing controls
The controls are hard to learn if you don't quite remember the tutorial but if you could go back and view it again (which you can't) then it wouldn't be so hard. Also there's no way to hide the menu when editing in landscape and there's only one landscape orientation. Other than that, i like this app!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 14, 2016
- Version: 2.0.4
- Size: 24.8 MB
- Languages: English, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Lickability
- © 2015 Lickability
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- All Colors$4.99
- Dark Blue$0.99
- Light Blue$0.99