gohenry helps teach young people between the ages of 6 and 18 to spend, manage and save money.
gohenry offers users a website, mobile app and debit card parents can control. Parents set rules and limits, can set up automatic allowances or tasks and chores for their children to earn extra. It’s an easy way for parents to manage money, teach young people financial responsibility and provide them independence so they can learn with no danger of debt.
The gohenry iOS app makes it even easier and more convenient for parents and their kids to manage their gohenry accounts.
Young People you can:
- Customize your card to make gohenry unique to you
- Use Saving Goals to automatically save towards the things you want and need
- Track all your spending in easy to understand, visual formats, with your spend broken down by retailer, channel (e.g. online vs offline), size and more
- Check your balance and recent transactions in real time and always know how much you have available to spend
- Receive instant, real time notifications on all spending and payments from your parents
- Manage all your tasks to earn extra allowance
- Easily pay your parents back by transferring money to their parent account
- Check your limits
- Block your gohenry card if you lose it
- Refer friends and earn extra money
Parents you can:
- Set weekly allowance payments, make one-off money transfers, send money instantly and set tasks so that your kids can earn extra
- Set your children’s spending rules and limits
- Receive instant, real time notifications when your children spend using their card, telling you where and how much
- View recent transactions in real time and monitor your children’s savings goals
- Top up your own parent account from within the app
- Block the gohenry card if you lose it
- Manage your gohenry profile from within the app including setting up auto-funding and more
- Retrieve your children’s card PIN and manage your passwords
- Refer friends to earn extra money
Our new custom cards mean you can make your child’s card as unique as they are. Add their name, choose a pattern and pick a color to make learning about money something children can be proud of.
At gohenry we believe in empowering kids to learn, save money and build confidence with managing a budget. We also believe in the traditional money values of earning and spending responsibly.
The gohenry app helps parents and children manage their accounts on the move. If you don’t already have a gohenry account and would like to join, or just want to know more, visit us at www.gohenry.co You can open an account online within minutes and get started for free.
© gohenry Inc. The gohenry card is issued by Community Federal Savings Bank, member FDIC, pursuant to license by MasterCard International.
Hi gohenry families,
This release includes a number of small fixes to improve the app performance and experience. We hope you enjoy our app! We update it regularly to make sure it’s as good as it can be.
Ratings and Reviews
Excited about this!
Just set it up and ordered my daughters card. Only flaw I see so far is that it needs daily tasks. Things that she needs to do every day like pick up her room and make her bed I’m going to have to keep track of every day to make sure she earned the allowance for that task at the end of the week. I hope to see an option for daily tasks at some point.
My daughter is almost 12 and very excited to have her very own card. We tried cash allowances in the past and it never works out. Heard about this from a customer at work & really excited to see my daughter learn some responsibility!! Giving 5-stars as I don’t see a reason to judge it just yet, but definitely needs daily tasks!!!
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are certainly looking at bringing daily tasks in the near future as currently you can set the chore as the heading for each day. It is feedback we have provided to our developers so certainly watch this space...
We hope your family enjoy using gohenry and your daughter will learn great money habits that will stand her in good stead for the future! :-) Sophie
Amazing Tool to Teach Responsibility
This is the app that my wife and I have been waiting for. Our kids are learning so much about financial responsibility and the value of saving money for something they want.
They are both so excited about having their own debit card and being able to save up money for something that they want to purchase with it. My 10 year old has logged on every day and moving his money around to different savings piles for things he wants to “invest” in. When he sees how this affects something else he had earmarked some money for, he learns the value of prioritizing where he should put his savings.
This is by far the best teaching app I have ever used.
Developer Response ,
That is great to hear, sounds like you have a very smart kid. We are passionate about teaching children the value of money and how to use it wisely from as early as possible. Thank you so much for your feedback. Have a good day. Debbie
Been a life saver.
I have been using this for a few months now with my 2 children so they can learn about finances as well as knowing how to learn to use a card ( now days that’s all people use).
Love how they have a feature where you can set different chores and what not to check off to deposit monies at the end of the week. Also being able to transfer monies at any time has helped my teen daughter out tremendously. Especially this past couple of weeks. I had to rush out of town while she was left behind and she needed some money so I was able to transfer money to her right Away !! So it has been truly amazing!! Check it out! Seriously it is the best.
Developer Response ,
That is great to hear. Yes, being able to transfer funds immediately is so useful. Like you say we are becoming more and more of a cashless society, so it's great we can provide this for the kids to help them now and for the future. Have a great day. Debbie
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.