From a musician to musicians. DataCifra for iPad is an app that manages lyrics and chords with ease. Take them with you where ever you go. Search your music, create set lists, and organize things with tags like a pro. We promise, playing music will never be the same again. Here are some of our unique features:
- Search your songs by title, reference or lyrics;
- Organize your library with custom tags;
- Quick list of favorite songs;
- Generate ordered set lists;
- Chords editor with shortcuts;
- Assign audio notes to your songs and share them via email;
- Bind YouTube links to the songs so you can watch it while rehearsing;
- Don’t have the song? Download it automatically from the cloud (we use several sources and more to come soon);
- Import a music from TXT files;
- Have DataCifra for Windows? Import .dtc files from it with no hassle;
- Autosave while editing songs;
- Quick UI with gesture shortcuts to search songs;
- Change the pitch of the song with just one touch;
- Adjustable font sizes;
- Auto scroll control;
- Are you a singer? Hide the chords with one tap;
- Night mode;
- Export your songs to PDF;
- Share your library with other DataCifra users via AirDrop (iOS 7 only);
- Share music on Facebook or Twitter;
- Automatic Backup;
- Compatibility with Bluetooth keyboards and pedals to change and scroll songs.
- Added compatibility with bluetooth foot pedals, ex.: Pageflip (http://www.pageflip.com) and Airturn (http://www.airturn.com), to swipe songs (previous and next) and scroll (down and up). You can also use the arrow keys on a common bluetooth keyboard to perform this function. (A special thanks to Yiannis (from Greece) who suggested this feature.)
- Updating the website import function;
- Fix on ordering songs from imported lists;
Ratings and Reviews
Latest version is a great find
It took me a while to find the format and text layout for this to work best. I need the text a decent size when performing and that can present some formatting challenges. Also, running the iPad in portrait position seems to help the scrolling speed. The recent addition of widely variable scroll slider with start/stop button and cleanup to the editor make this a nifty little app
NOW if it would only quit prompting me to write a review EVERY time I open it.
Great app but a few flaws
First off, I really like this app. It is easy to use and has many features that work well for my needs. I attach my tablet to my mike stand and use this app to display the songs. It works great.
The chords are supposed to be a different color from the lyrics. Unfortunately that’s not the way it always works. Some cords are a different color and some are not. I wrote to them about it but haven’t heard back.
The one thing I wish it had is spellcheck. That would be great.
All in all it is a great app.
First of all, sorry for not giving you feedback. Unfortunately we did not receive your message, but send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that we will help you. Best!
Friendly app and good for all musician's, very useful and great helpfull for all.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.