Star Trek™ Vulcan Harp
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Fans of Star Trek™ can now play Mr. Spock’s Vulcan harp on their iPad! Replicating the alien instrument from the classic Star Trek™ series, the app is fully functional and features multi‐level sounds, cool effects, and the iconic design of the original harp. Use the sleekly styled controls to compose spacey music or play fascinating songs.
Whether you're a Trek fan, musician, or just interested in playing a unique instrument, the app's richly detailed appearance and wide‐ranging musical abilities make for an instrument unlike any other!
• 15 vibrating strings – each identified, making it easy to play songs
• Distinct pluck dynamic where the sound occurs on release of a touch similar to a harp
• 5 instrument sounds from futuristic to the classic harp
• Large 6-and-a-half octave range in 5 octave banks
• Custom multi-level distortion and reverberation controls give you a wide range to experiment with
• Ability to select pentatonic scale (five notes per octave)
• One button background arpeggio (sequence chords)
• Rich, inlaid wood detail appearance on the harp and moving starfield background
• SoundCloud recording to share your creations
• Concise tutorial to locate controls
Looking for more information about the Vulcan harp app?
Visit us online: startrekvulcanharp.com
Follow us on Twitter: @StarTrekHarp
YouTube video: youtube.startrekvulcanharp.com
Join us on Facebook: fb.startrekvulcanharp.com
Questions or suggestions? Email us at email@example.com
Vulcan Harp Background:
The Vulcan harp is also called a Vulcan lyre, lute, lyrette, and lytherette.
The Vulcan harp is played in four episodes in Star Trek™: The Original Series: "Charlie X", "Amok Time", "The Way to Eden" and "The Conscience of the King".
Spock and Uhura both play the Vulcan harp. Tuvok owns one in Star Trek: Voyager™, Melian owns one in Star Trek: The Next Generation™, and (mirror universe) Kira Nerys owns one in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine™.
Spock plays "Row-Row-Row Your Boat" on the Vulcan harp in the film "Star Trek: The Final Frontier™”.
A small number of users have experienced issues with the app not outputting audio. If this occurs please send us a message via the in-app support, or email and we will help you resolve the issue.
The Star Trek™ Vulcan Harp app is licensed by CBS Interactive, Inc.
App created by Shiverware Interactive Software Developments, Inc.
TM CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.
TM & © 2013 CBS Studios Inc. Star Trek and related marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
Added 64-bit compatibility.
Not just for Star Trek fans!
This is a beautiful instrument that is easy to play, even though I am not a musician. You don't have to be a Star Trek fan to love it. I'm enjoying it so much on default settings that I haven't even messed around with the customizations, of which there are many. I'd give it more stars if I could.
I bought this because my other harp apps have not been updated since 2013 and won't work with a new iOS. So I hope they keep upgrading this app to make it compatible for years to come. It is rapidly becoming my favorite music app.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Aug 01, 2017
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 41.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Shiverware Interactive Software Developments Inc.
- © 2013 CBS Interactive Inc., Shiverware Interactive Software Developments Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.