THE FINEST FRENCH REFERENCE TOOL FOR iOS — Antidote Mobile brings together multiple dictionaries and language guides of the highest quality for your iPhone or iPad.
Antidote Mobile offers you rich definitions, abundant synonyms, complete conjugation tables and much more, with an elegant and efficient interface. Use powerful search engines to find rhymes, anagrams, and other fascinating links between words, even with wildcards. Display an interactive map or satellite photo of more than 11,000 cities, countries and regions, or of 1200 UNESCO World Heritage sites. Follow smart links to detailed encyclopedia articles on Wikipedia, or to your own favorite Web resources.
From spelling to style through grammar, punctuation and history, Antidote’s guides cover all aspects of writing in French. Over 830 articles are organized in a clear tree structure with a comprehensive index.
In Discovery Mode, ask for rare words, famous people or Heritage sites, and Antidote will display them in a random sequence. Add your findings to word lists that you can review and share with others. Test your lexical knowledge with the game mode: guess the name of a country, city, person and more based on their definitions, and post your results on Facebook or Twitter.
Antidote Mobile doesn’t need an Internet connection †.
RICH AND INNOVATIVE DICTIONARIES
• Definitions (127,000 entries including 15,000 proper nouns)
• Expressions (59,000)
• Phonetic transcription of all word forms, including verbs (600,000)
• Synonyms (1,000,000)
• Antonyms (100,000)
• Cooccurrences (900,000, with examples)
• Lexical Fields (2.5 million links)
• Conjugation (9000 verbs, with agreement controls)
• Families (16,000 families)
• Quotations (400,000)
• History (99,000 etymologies with spelling evolution)
• Difficulties (31,000): homonyms, false friends, etc.
• Integrated access to Wikipedia †
• Integrated access to 11,000 zoomable maps and satellite images †
• Links to 1200 UNESCO World Heritage sites †
• Links to Web complements (GDT, Termium, add your own) †
DETAILED LANGUAGE GUIDES
• Language points
• Business writing
• 1990 Spelling Rectifications
• Display ordinary words at random, to play the dictionary game
• Learn rare words
• Ask for names of cities, countries or famous people
• Discover the UNESCO World Heritage sites
• Read fascinating notes about the origins of words
• Ponder edifying proverbs
• Add your findings to a list of favorite words
• Play the game of guessing a word from its definition
• Study your word lists and play them in the guessing game
• Record your high scores for all game categories
• Share your scores on Facebook or Twitter †
HIGH QUALITY INTERFACE
• Responsive interface adapts to all screen sizes of iPhone and iPad
• SplitView & SlideOver support on iPad
• Quick search of a word copied from another app
• Search as you type, to find words quickly
• Error-tolerant search (e.g.: erruers)
• Rhyme search
• Anagram search
• Wildcard search (e.g.: lum*, c?re?)
• “Word starts with/contains/ends in” searches
• Multiword search (e.g.: table ronde, perdre pied)
• Voice commands (e.g.: "Synonymes de joie") †
• Touch any word to look it up
• Use portrait or landscape display
• Record favorite words and articles
• Create word lists and share them with friends or students
• Share any content via email or AirDrop
• Open content in another app
• Print any content
• Sync your favorites with iCloud †
• All functions callable from other apps (URL scheme)
(Note 1: Antidote Mobile’s content is deeply French, but its interface is English on an English system.)
(Note 2: the grammar checker of Antidote’s desktop edition is not part of Antidote Mobile.)
(† Internet access only required for marked functions above)
• Adaptations for iPhone X
• Implementation of new iOS 11 features (new screen headers)
• Drag and drop support for instant search from any app (on iPad with iOS 11)
• Improvements to widget stability during data generation
• Various minor fixes
Ratings and Reviews
It’s easy to write a positive review for this app. Well designed and intuitive, it provides excellent information for the serious student of French language and literature.
My go to dictionary.
To get help for Antidote Mobile, please contact technical support at https://www.antidote.info/en/help/antidote-mobile.
Best of the best!
This is a beautiful and complete dictionary for French. Do not hesitate to buy it for even a moment. You can read it like a book or search to your hearts content. Very well maintained and accurate.
Things that are not here that I would love to see.
1 audio examples. The pronunciation guide is fantastic, but audio is better and easy today. Please add it.
2 offer an in app purchase for translations into other languages I.e. English/ German
3 license the engine to companies like PONS and Larousse that have terrible dictionary engines that are buggy and crashing. Antidote rules!
Thanks for the wonderful app and attention to detail.
- Druide informatique inc.
- 444.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2017 Druide informatique inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.