Simple, slick word processing app to create and edit documents, and collaborate on them with your friends. Sync docs across devices and access them wherever you go.
Writer is carefully designed to create a clean, blank paper-esque writing experience across your smartphone, tablet and computer. And it's free forever!
Collaborate with your team
- Join discussions, even when you're away from your desk. Add your thoughts to documents, reply to friends' comments, or just appreciate them by clicking "like."
Work with multiple formats
- Import and edit your existing Microsoft Word documents. Take stories off your world by exporting it as an MS Word, PDF, ODT, HTML, or TXT file.
Get access to the full-blown web version
- One of the best advantages of using Writer is that it features a powerful word processor on the web. It's incredibly easy to jot down notes on the move, and continue working on it on the web when you're back to your desk.
Create beautiful looking documents
- Format your documents. Add images, tables, and more.
- Apart from a "Make available offline" option, 20 of your most recent documents will available offline by default too!
Forget saving documents
- Forget clicking save, and manual back up. Your changes are saved and synced across all your devices as you make them.
What's stopping you now? Get started. Write away!
- Now use 3D Touch to preview the document instantly.
- Added navigation support for Table of Contents, Bookmarks and mail-to links in documents.
- You can now open internally as well as externally published documents with the app.
We've also squashed some bugs, improving the overall performance. Hope you like our new updates. =]
Ratings and Reviews
Great look, too many problems
Most concerning is that when I use my microphone to input text, sometimes the text disappears. This has happened several times in the course of the last half an hour since I downloaded the app, so I am going to get rid of my account because it’s just not usable for me.
Also: less concerning but slightly time-consuming it is the fact that every time I navigate away from the screen, it has to reload my document.
And finally, I couldn’t figure out if there was a “select all” option. I saw cut and basic select, but for my work, “select all” is a must-have capability. Maybe I’m just silly couldn’t figure it out, but that played a small role in my decision to stop using this app.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for letting us know your feedback, Christy. Firstly, you should be able to work with microphone input without any difficulty in between. Same is the case with syncing your docs. We would like to get to the bottom of both these issues. If you don't mind, can you drop us a mail to email@example.com ? Sincere apologies for the inconveniences these issues would've caused. We'd love to have you back on board.
Good idea but doesn’t work yet
I’m on a paid account. The service concept is similar to Google’s Docs but doesn’t work as well.
In the app: documents can only be viewed in icon view. C’mon, 1984 is long gone. Where are the lists views? Sort by name, date, type, etc.
Search function searches only file names, not file contents.
Cannot save files into a new Folder.
Cannot delete files.
Cannot share files into another Zoho app, eg: Projects
Typeface changes randomly after a server error.
Cannot tell which changes have been saved and which one not saved since last auto-save.
I experience constant “connection interrupted” and “server errors”. Each forces a page reload which dumps all changes since the last auto-save. Very annoying.
(Is this me, my China connection, or Zoho’s servers?)
Update, October 2018
Zoho Customer service is responsive; they try hard to solve Customer complaints.
My “connection interrupted”issues persist. This must be caused by my internet connection; the Service provider is called _Great Wall_ after all.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for trying Writer, and writing to us.
1. List view was removed from the app recently, after the newly launched design-overhaul of the app. We had taken a step back from adding more features to the app, making sure we're perfecting the design and experience first. That being said, we're almost ready with list view, along with sorting, filtering and move to folder options . Should be available along with one of our upcoming updates. :)
2. Our team's looking into the possibilities of having a content search as well, which works both online and offline. Will let you know as soon as it's ready.
3. You can delete a document by swiping right on the document thumbnail, and tapping on the delete icon. It's also available within the editor. Click on the three dots icon on the bottom right corner and choose "Delete document".
4. You can share docs to other apps as well. Choose the "Share via Link" option to directly post the document link to other Zoho apps.
5. Writer saves your edits as you type them. Even if it's just a single character. :) Regarding the server errors, we assume you tried using the app during an unfortunate service outage that lasted for a couple of hours. This affected our users across multiple platforms, and we sincerly aplogize for the inconvenience the outage would've caused you.
Hope this helps. Please drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're still facing
issues with the app. Thanks much! :)
I’m a fan of zoho for the most part. But being a business owner and especially one that writes software ourselves, it seems to me that zoho tries to do way too much and doesn’t pay attention to detail. Slow down. If you’re going to build an app, at least let me get past the first page which shows me how to swipe left or right for more options. I don’t care about options if I can’t use them. Don’t block the interface with tool tips and no way to get it out of the way. God gave you a brain. You’re smart. Use some common sense.
- Zoho Corporation
- 78.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019, Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.