FIND AND PLAY SHEET MUSIC WITH MUSESCORE
• browse scores on MuseScore.com — one of the largest sheet music collections
• more than 700K pieces of free sheet music
• add scores to Favorites
• view and play your favorite sheet music — both online and offline
• convenient sheet music search
• constantly updated catalog with new scores submitted daily by MuseScore.com users
• unlock MuseScore Pro member benefits for mobile app and desktop versions of MuseScore.com
LARGE SHEET MUSIC ARCHIVE
One of the largest catalogs of sheet music, where you can find your favorite scores by instrument (piano, trumpet, violin, percussion, flute, etc.) and listen to them
ADD TO FAVORITES
Add the scores you like to Favorites to quickly access them
Download scores and access them offline anywhere you go
WITH MUSESCORE YOU CAN:
• view and play sheet music
• set the tempo and transpose
• set the volume and visibility of each instrument in every score with the Mixer tool
• share your favorite sheet music with your friends and fans
• export sheet music to PDF
• use metronome
• loop any part of a song with the Loop tool
The more you tell us, the better MuseScore gets.
Q Can I notate music with this app?
A No, you can not. To notate music, use the free notation software available on musescore.org
Q Can I open my own .mscz files with this app?
A You can open files from email, Dropbox, websites etc...
Follow MuseScore and share your feedback.
• The MuseScore Pro subscription gives you unlimited access to the app's premium features and musescore.com website's premium features.
• The subscription price is $6.99/monthly, $49.99/yearly*
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the cost of the chosen package
• Subscriptions may be managed, and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your device's Account Settings after purchase
• There is no way to cancel your current subscription during its active period
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
* Price are equal to the value that "Apple's App Store Matrix" determines is the equivalent of the subscription price in $USD.
You can read our terms of service at https://musescore.com/legal/terms
Update of the notes rendering engine version.
Fix of locale file opening.
New locales: Spanish and Portuguese.
Ratings and Reviews
Ain’t What It Used To Be
I started using this app so that I could use Finale files on my Mac Book Pro and my iPad after the creators of Finale Notepad threw Mac devices under the steam calliope. For a while, it worked well on my Mac and I could post my music to the online server and then access them on my iPad. Now, it seems clumsier, and I can see only five of my songs at any one time on my iPad, unless I upgrade to “MuseScore Pro.” I seem to remember paying for the app in the first place, so I am certainly unhappy to be asked to pay again. When I have contacted “support,” my questions always seem to be misunderstood and are not adequately answered. After about five tries when I asked why I could see only five songs on my iPad, I finally was told 1) I needed to pay yet again; and 2) there might be a fix for this problem in January. I am afraid to click the update button. So I would have given the app at least four stars, mainly because of nearly non-existent instructions. Now, it gets no more than two, and since it has limited usefulness to me, that’s a generous gift.
Unreliable, unresponsive, and a huge downgrade
Since the MuseScore Songbook app was retired and replaced with this app—which, as I understand it, new users actually have to pay a consistent fee to use—I’ve almost never been able to functionally listen to scores on my phone.
When I download a MuseScore file, it’s a gamble as to whether it’ll stay in my Songbook or just display an indefinite loading screen. If I manage to get past that, sometimes scores will just crash while playing, often on their very first page, even if they’re very simple scores.
Then, somehow, if I get lucky enough to be able to play an entire score, I have to grapple with extremely finicky and unclear controls. If I want to skip back to a specific measure, I’m left struggling with the unresponsive page-turning mechanic and have to try multiple times until the app will let me select my desired measure. Of course, that’s all assuming the UI is even showing up around the score in the first place; I think you’re supposed to tap to bring it up and tap again to see only the score, but it’s more like it decides at random.
If you’re going to establish a subscription service for your app, put out a quality product. At the very least, it should
have maintained the already mediocre quality of the old Songbook app. Instead, the drop in quality is beyond baffling. Please invest in hiring legitimate app developers, and maybe a MuseScore subscription would finally be worth recommending.
Bad since last update
The app has lost features that I used. The functions that are there don’t work correctly most of the time. I have contacted the company and have not received satisfactory answers. I paid for Pro so I would have access to advanced features on the app which allowed me to transpose the music and export PDFs of the music transposed and by single part if needed. I can no longer do that. The company has stated they are considering restoring those features, however, I can no longer use the app as I intended to. As the app is no longer of use to me, I stated I would pay for the months that I used, and requested a refund for the balance of that year. They have refused to refund my money or any portion of my purchase. They told me that I need to use a PC instead. That is not why purchased Pro which include the app. I would like to use the app the way it functioned in the past, if it does that in the near future I may change my rating, but for now serious disappointment in the app and the company’s response.
- 156 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 MuseScore BVBA
- In-App Purchases
- MuseScore Pro $6.99
- MuseScore Pro $49.99
- MuseScore Pro $41.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.